Rugby(everythiing bar six nations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby(everythiing bar six nations)

Ok a Rugby thread, I don't see a real need for a six nations thread on its own but I'll start a new one and if people feel that one thread is enough then maybe the mods could merge the two threads.

Anyways I am a huge fan of the Super 14, love the speed at which the game is played in most games. I've had a very good start with my betting this year too.

The reason I'm starting a thread about it is that there is a game at 4pm today between the Sharks and the Cheetahs. The Sharks have been one of the most consistent teams in the Super 14 for some time and reached the last two finals only to lose both, however there is trouble in the camp this year. Last year they got hockeyed in this fixture and with all the problems behind the scenes I recommend the Cheetahs for 3 points in a straight bet at around 100/30.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Bank 114 with two season bets still running(5pts France grand slam and 2pts Bulls to win league stage of super 14's)

Its a bit late to be putting this up now I suppose but the Crusaders host the Blues at 6.35 am our time. The Crusaders are a good team and they have been playing decent, the Blues finally have a decent outhalf in former Crusader Stephen Brett. He hasn't got off to the greatest but a bit like the team itself he has improved every game. The Blues were expected to be better this season and their win over the Reds last weekend was impressive.
    This game could go either way, the Crusaders can crush teams but their defense lets them down too often.

I reccommend 2pts win @ 4.6, thats around 7/2 with the Bookies.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Waratahs -8.5 v Sharks @2.05 on betdaq.

More a bet for interest than anything but I do fancy the home side

Comment

Yep I'm going 10 points on that one and at even money too, couldn't believe the handicap was so generous. Sharks have a lot of problems at the moment, a lot of in-fighting going on with players leaving and all that. The Waratahs are playing great at the moment and having read that its an Aussie refereeing crew this looks pretty sweet. I've also had a 2 point nibble at the bigger handicap on Betfair of -20.5 @ odds of 4.3.
        Last edited by eagle eye; 06-03-10, 08:28.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
          Yep I'm going 10 points on that one and at even money too, couldn't believe the handicap was so generous. Sharks have a lot of problems at the moment, a lot of in-fighting going on with players leaving and all that. The Waratahs are playing great at the moment and having read that its an Aussie refereeing crew this looks pretty sweet. I've also had a 2 point nibble at the bigger handicap on Betfair of -20.5 @ odds of 4.3.
          Never put them to the sword when 25-14 up
          I couldnt pick my nose atm never mind a winner

Comment

Australian rugby league bet.

Rabbitohs good value at 17/20 for half time/full time win versus the team who won the wooden spoon last year. In the two matches last year Rabbitohs won 52-12 and 40-20 and have already shown good form this season. Small punt from me.
            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Nice one Ian, didn't realise the NRL was back on. Any fancies for season bets like regular season winner, outright winner?

I started following it last year but I'm not really up to speed on it yet.

Comment

Bank 102 with 2 live season bets still going and looking good.

I don't often bet this big but while we are all watching Ireland and Wales another game will be in South Africa.

The Bulls are at home to the Highlanders from New Zealand. The Bulls have been awesome this year and have had a week off too and come into this game fresh and hungry. The Highlanders have been nothing short of shocking over the last while. This is buying money and I'm having my max bet on it. You have to do it with the bookies as the price on Betfair with a worse handicap is 4/5.

Boylesports are 10/11 -20.

50 points Bulls -20 @ 10/11

Comment

Followed you on this for 8 points, not the worst start.

Comment

Ugh, I feel sick, they really took their foot off the gas defensively in the second half. I cannot believe they gave up 35 points.

I had this down as a 40 point win for the Bulls, that last try they gave up was just horrendous. And they still win by 15, just so sick.

Comment

Yea, they were shocking in the second half.

Comment

north hamp +6.5 is 1.83 or so

you can get +7 with bet365 at 10/11

edit to say theyve adjusted price. hope munster win - although wallet disagrees
                        Last edited by Semibluff; 10-04-10, 16:19.
                        GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY
                          Toulouse-6pts at 10/11 on boyles is a great bet i think.
                          Leinster got off the hook againest Clemont and have a raft of injuries and guys carrying knocks.
                          Toulouse will not squander there chances like Clermont and being at home and with Leinsters main two goalkickers sidelined should be a comfortable win for them
                          agreed, but the forecast is for heavy rain for much of tomorrow which will negate a lot of the Toulouse backs advantage.

Comment

Toulouse should be strong favourites for the game.

This coming from a Leinster fan!

Sexton very unlikely to play any part in the game, and Berne is very limited at 10. Leinster have to do a lot right to get through.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                              Toulouse should be strong favourites for the game.

This coming from a Leinster fan!

Sexton very unlikely to play any part in the game, and Berne is very limited at 10. Leinster have to do a lot right to get through.
                              it's been confirmed sexton isn't playing.

Comment

Scarlets v Glasgow

When I first saw this line I was confused and I still remain confused. I was expecting the bookmakers to be taking points from Glasgow not giving them! Paddy Power has this game at +4 to Glasgow most of the other bookmakers have it at +3.

To set the scene Glasgow have qualified for the Magners League playoffs but have not yet guaranteed a home semi-final which would obviously be of substantial benefit to them. To have a shot at this they need to win with a bonus point. However, they have only managed to accomplish this feat once this season previously. The also need the Ospreys not to win with a bonus point. They play the Dragons in a Welsh derby and the Ospreys have lost both times they have played the Dragons this season. However, the Dragons are putting out a weak team. The Scarlets in contrast are playing for nothing only pride. They have no possibility of making the playoffs and there only shot of making the European Cup lies with Cardiff winning the Challenge Cup against Toulon.

Form: Scarlets have one win in the last five which came against a Connacht side focused on Europe. Although three of these games were away. Glasgow have three wins in the last five. Although the two defeats came away from home but against Munster and Leinster which are two of the hardest places to win rugby games.

The Scarlets are 4-4 at home this season in the Magners League. While Glasgow have three wins and three losses and two draws away from Firhill. Only today former Scarlets outhalf Phil Bennett said that he fears for the future of the Scarlets owing to the dip in form as they moved to their new stadium and the drop in attendence that has accompanied it.

Notable Team News: The Scarlets get a huge boost with the return of Welsh outhalf Stephen Jones. As for Glasgow the main news is that one of the Killer B's backrow John Barclay is out.

Pick: The Scarlets have only pride to play for and will seek to throw the ball around. Glasgow are the superior side and they have plenty to play for with a home semi-final on the line. I think Glasgow are the favourites for this game even though they haven't won outside Scotland since December. The official pick is Glasgow +4 @ 1.9 with Paddy Power - 4 units.

Betting Blog: http://betsbybarry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice analysis i think just off top of my head that the hairspreys will give the dragons a fierce hiding tonightthey need the bonus are in good form and dragons have fielded aweakend team.
                                  25points is a big handicap but cans ee the hairspreys covering it.
                                  Yeah Ospreys should beat them well tonight alright. Big handicap and bit of Welsh pride but if I was taking the match on the handicap I'd be taking the Ospreys alright.

Comment

Nice analysis i think just off top of my head that the hairspreys will give the dragons a fierce hiding tonightthey need the bonus are in good form and dragons have fielded aweakend team.
                                    25points is a big handicap but cans ee the hairspreys covering it.
                                    Wins for both. Get in.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                      Wins for both. Get in.
                                      Good stuff, didn't know that was your blog, been looking at it the last few months, good work.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                        Good stuff, didn't know that was your blog, been looking at it the last few months, good work.
                                        Cool! Do mind me asking how you came across it? I'm doing well so far with it so fingers crossed it keeps up!

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                          Cool! Do mind me asking how you came across it? I'm doing well so far with it so fingers crossed it keeps up!
                                          Just checked there, and I think I might have confused it with a guy who posts on another forum I read, Leinster Believer on the Betfair forum, I read his blog a bit but think this is a different one! Will add this to my favourites now though, some good write ups.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                            Just checked there, and I think I might have confused it with a guy who posts on another forum I read, Leinster Believer on the Betfair forum, I read his blog a bit but think this is a different one! Will add this to my favourites now though, some good write ups.
                                            Yeah different blogs. Cool that your adding it to favourites!

Comment

Good stuff, Sick Puppy.

Comment

Barbarians a big price against Ireland tonight imo.

Ireland's pack is liable to be destroyed.

Comment

......dont rate Paddy wallace as a center .....
                                                  It was all going so well until this!

Comment

From a betting perspective. I wouldn't touch Ireland without a 12 handicap at least...

I hate logically betting on Ireland games, makes it way less fun to watch.

Comment

Read it but I didn't back it
                                                      Y'know the mightn't have been all that different had the Heaslip thing not happened. All blacks were operating on a different level from us.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                      X