Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA Early in Tournaments

Hi Folks,

I've just recently started playing large live mtt tournaments and i have found myself in a couple of spots with AA early and was wondering if i should be doing anything different in these couple of spots i've found myself in.

hand 1

blinds 50/100 level 2
    chip counts approxs

seat 1 9,000 fold
    seat 2 11,000 fold
    seat 3 9.300 raise 325
    seat 4 13,000 call 325
    seat 5 10,000 call 325
    seat 6 6,500 call 325
    seat 7 8,900 raise 1800 button - Me AA
    seat 8 8,000 fold sb
    seat 9 10,000 fold bb

Seat 3 calls 1800 after a long think
    seat 4,5 fold
    Seat 6 calls after another long think

flop

Q 8 5 rainbow

Seat 3 checks, seat 6 Shoves in for 4, 400 pot now 11k apprx , is this an automatic re shove for me for now with AA on that board early in a deepstack tournament?

hand 2

50/100

villan 9,000 ep QsQh
    hero 11,000 button AdAs

villan raises 250
    hero re raises 675

villan flats 675

flop Kh Qd 4c

villan checks

hero bets 800, villan flats

river 8d

villan checks hero checks

river 2 s

villan bets 2.2 k hero calls

Is there anything i did wrong in this hand, should i have folded the river in this hand, my thinking was checking the turn with intention of calling on the river if he bet, bearing in mind it was early on in the tournament.

Any feedback on the bet sizing, should i have folded etc. Im just wondering did i play them bad. Thanks, not a regular poster so sorry if a bit long chers.

Nothing wrong here imo. In hand two you have to shove it. If he has a set it's s terrible play leading out for that much. He almost never has a set here and can't see how he'd have 2 pair. It's KK waiting for a safe flop or any range of hands and he "put you on AK".

In hand 2 you're right to slow down after the flop and call the river, but bet it if he checks I think. Lost the minimum there.

Comment

Both hands fine imo, assuming you reshoved the first one. In a tourney I'm almost never folding an overpair on a non-scary board with an SPR < 7.
      My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

I think you played both fine. Phil Hellmuth insta call on hand 1 imo.

Comment

1 is a shove.

I bet the turn in 2.
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Hand one i did shove, the origianal raiser, shoved behind me to, he had 55 the small stack had 88, nearly got sick!! the board ran out blank and i was on my way home. I just think it was a sick situation with original raiser calling of 20% of his stack so early with 55, guy with 88 was tilting anyway and got lucky to, i dont think i could have put them on 55 and 88 respectivley QQ much more likely from the original raiser. Thanks for the responses folks

Comment

wp in both, assuming you shoved the first one.

Comment

I bet the turn in 2 though. You can bet/fold there. I'd bet 1550 or so and if raised/shoved on it'd depend on any reads I had.

I don't mind checking back and calling any river though.

1 is fine, ul. Awful play by the two donks getting involved there. I'm insta-calling the shove.

Comment

Working...
                X