IPO 1st hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPO 1st hand

Just looking feedback on this hand and how others might of played...........

1st hand IPO 25/50 hero=10k villian=9k
    ep limps
    villian raises to 150 from cut off
    hero repops to 350 from button wit QQ
    limper folds
    vilian calls
    flop KK4 rainbow
    villian bets pot 900
    hero????

I'm probably making it 500 or 550 pre.

Without a read I would sigh and fold. Crazy bet whatever he has but by calling it's likely we will be faced with a big turn bet leaving an even tougher decision then. Never shoving here anyway. It's early so fold and pick better spots which shouldn't be too hard to find.

Comment

I'd usually sigh and fold. but I'd love to raise to 2.2k and find out relatively cheap?

i mean he almost always has a smaller pocket pair here. how often does he do this with a K?

Comment

I definitly call the flop bet, If he has AA he will probably check the turn and maybe the river too.
        You are in position so you might get the opportunity to control the pot for the next 2 streets.
        Call the 900 and see if he fires the turn. If he has an underpair he has to be scared of your flat call. If he makes it 1500 or more on the turn (and I haven't binked a Q) then I'll let it go.

Comment

3bet size is far too small.
          Call now and see what happens on the turn.

Raising to 2.2k and folding to a shove is terrible advice.
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

hate the preflop raise, its achieving nothing imo

call the flop bet, strange bet if he has the K

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
              I'd usually sigh and fold. but I'd love to raise to 2.2k and find out relatively cheap?

i mean he almost always has a smaller pocket pair here. how often does he do this with a K?
              raise folding almost 1/5 your stack is not relatively cheap and not a good line to take. I really hate his lead here, call flop see how he reacts and revaluate if he fires another barrell.

Comment

I might even flat pre but if ur 3betting needs to be bigger, call flop and evaluate but probably not folding!

Comment

flat pre your likely to get it four handed and at this stage you dont want that, with no table dynamics yet.

Comment

I just think calling to see what he does on the turn is very exploitable. Its the first hand of a big tournie with a big build up and with big stacks. I think its easy to underestimate the capacity of players to keep firing here without a K. How often do you see players donking off huge parts of their stacks in these kind of spots in the early levels of these tournies? So he's likely to keep firing and you'll have no idea whether thats because he has a K or not.

Comment

I call. folding is v nitty when you are more than likely ahead and raising is pure retarded. what happens on the turn?

also I know its only the first hand but any reads on the villain? is he young/old/foreign/ how does he handle his chips etc etc

Comment

he probably has TT and is "finding out where he is"

Comment

Call.
                          "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

I called
                            turn was 8
                            she intsa all in (foriegn bird bout 35 - only info is that she said 'pot' when betting flop)
                            hero?? does anyone call this? why does she push?

Comment

Originally posted by merkum wallop View Post
                              I called
                              turn was 8
                              she intsa all in (foriegn bird bout 35 - only info is that she said 'pot' when betting flop)
                              hero?? does anyone call this? why does she push?
                              Fold now....her play is pretty retard unless she has specifically 44 and looking to stack you if you have AK. I don't think a woman would go crazy on a KK48 board without trips at very least
                              "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

If the turn goes c/c and we brick both turn and river too, are we calling all river bets? Are we betting the river if is checked to us?

Obv I said to fold flop but I'm obv a fish!

Comment

Folding the flop is out of the question, and ridiculous frankly.(though not as ridiculous as raising to 2200 and folding to a push)

I'm calling the turn. So little that beats us here.

Make it 550 or so pre. 350 is pointless and you may as well call if you're going to make such a silly raise.

Comment

hero folds

think maybe villian has JJ here but thats all im beating, does she have K, AA, or fh here?
                                    why allin, the whole hand melted me...............

Comment

Working...
                                    X