UTG shoving range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTG shoving range?

What's your UTG shoving range at a full table with 10BBs?

Just a few situations keep popping up where I get middle pairs, shove, and get called by larger pairs. Am I just getting unlucky with people picking up larger pairs, or should I not be shoving middle pairs UTG?

Personally dont like shoving with less than 66 or AT+ with 10bb's
    The likes of 55,A9s,KQs are just about folds for me....

Comment

depends on your read on the other players

Comment

99+ / AQ+ , tight I know, but would rather push atc from LP than open shove 66/AJ, etc.
        "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Quote ViperEyeIRL

99+ / AQ+ , tight I know, but would rather push atc from LP than open shove 66/AJ, etc.

im more with this line.....most of the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
            Personally dont like shoving with less than 66 or AT+ with 10bb's
            Yep, that's something similar to my 10BB UTG shove range atm. 66+, AT+, KQ is my usual range, of course it changes slightly on different tables. Just been running 66, 77 and 88 into a few larger pairs lately that's all. Just wondering if I need to tighten up a bit more UTG (even though I should be seen a fairly tight).

Comment

with 10bb's I'm scorching the felt with the above UTG.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I recon it totally depends on the structure. If its a turbo you need to get in with lower hands as blinds will hurt you quicker but I try to avoid shoving early with middle pairs on a normal clock. 10 blinds is certainly getting to descision time alright.
                So now that I have given you such conflicting advice I guess it is clear to see why I am not a pro

Comment

whats your calling range for an UTG shove with 10bbs in a very fast structured live tournie?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    whats your calling range for an UTG shove with 10bbs in a very fast structured live tournie?
                    depends on stacks around the table, table position and payout, but generally online would say 99+ AK+, would probably fold AQ though. Live I would probably narrow the range a bit to TT+ as players don't seems to be shoving as light as online. Obv wouldn't just flat but rather reshove unless we are playing superdeep which usually doesn't happen at this stage.
                    "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

tbh, it depends on number of factors, including what has been mentioned (structure, payout etc) plus simply the other palyers and their positions

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
                      99+ / AQ+ , tight I know,
                      Originally posted by ferg View Post
                      im more with this line.....most of the time!
                      The ranges above (assuming calling ranges are tighter) are why it's +EV for me to shove KQ, KJ etc

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Depends on the shove really

Comment

Holy Poker Stove Batman

A massive 7% swing between calling with AK and AQ against shoving range above.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

2,547,908,352 games 2.977 secs 855,864,411 games/sec

Board:
                        Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
                        Hand 0: 45.275% 39.73% 05.55% 1012239072 141321984.00 { 66+, ATs+, ATo+ }
                        Hand 1: 54.725% 49.18% 05.55% 1253025312 141321984.00 { AKs, AKo }

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

2,547,908,352 games 2.962 secs 860,198,633 games/sec

Board:
                        Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
                        Hand 0: 52.319% 46.62% 05.70% 1187895564 145132428.00 { 66+, ATs+, ATo+ }
                        Hand 1: 47.681% 41.99% 05.70% 1069747932 145132428.00 { AQs, AQo }
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

A bit of a pointless stove imo,
                          obv AK does better than AQ, you didn't put it AQ+

Try comparing (JJ+, AK) and (JJ+, AQ+)
                          That should give you an idea that adding AQ to a calling range makes.

Comment

Working...
                          X