Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 IPO SE spots

Hand 1:

10 players left in the €50 turbo on Friday, playing hand for hand on 2 tables of 5 on the bubble which pays €150.

Blinds are 2k/4k and stacks are 30-40k for UTG-UTG+1 and button. SB has 6k and I'm in BB with 15k.
    Button shoves (shoving very wide) SB folds leaving himself 4K (1BB) and I have 99 in BB.

Is this a fold taking into account the fact that we are on the bubble and the blinds are going to go through the SB before us?

If we call and double up do we double our equity in the tournament?

Hand 2:

Final table of scalp event on Sunday. 8 players left, blinds 4k/8k. I'm in the CO playing 38k with A5 soooted. 2 other shorties at the tables but no-one is deep. 900K total in play.

BB is chipleader with 150k. It's folded to me. Shove?

hand 1 is a snap call

hand 2 im not sure about - I think shoving and folding are both fine

Comment

Hand 1 is a snap call unless u broke and really need 150 euro!

Hand 2- Fold and wait for ace 6 suited. Lol,Shove and ul if you run into big hand.You have 5 big blinds for god sake.

Comment

Hand 1: Call, i'm pretty sure its not close, i think something like 44 or 55 would be close

Hand 2: Scorch marks on the felt
        http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

yeh...depends if u really need the bubble cash in the first hand...personally i snap call.....

hand 2....u just have to shove

Comment

Hand 1: Snap. If he is shoving this wide calling here is a no brainer, especially with the blinds as big as they are.

Hand 2: Shove. You can add 1/3 to your stack if it gets through. For all that the BB is chip leader, he won't want to be giving needless double ups so won't be calling you too light I would imagine.

Comment

Get it in with both...EZ game

Comment

Agree here.

Don't think the 99 can be a fold due to the amount of hands you crush and the fact that the smaller stack may easily double up and you're left crippled. Play FTW and ship it.

Any Ace or pair is a shove in hand 2 as you've enough to make an avergae hand fold and need to chip up at every opportunity given average stack is three times your stack.

Comment

Im calling hand 1 100% of the time and shoving hand 2 100% of the time.

You need to get chips in hand 1, it would need to be some crazy situation where you were 2nd in chips and the chipleader shoved on you and all other players had 1bb to fold.

I tried to create a bubble situation on holdemresource as best i could and just found it interesting you can overcall with a much wider range if the SB goes with it than you can call with when he folds.

Comment

Thanks.

In hand 1: I thought I might be spewing equity to the SB by calling but realistically I thought about it for a microsecond before calling and losing to A4.

In hand 2: I didn't think it was close tbh, just checking. Lost to BB's AK but I don't think button, SB or BB were folding a lot. That said I have a decent chance and need chips.

Comment

1 depends in the payouts and stacks on the other table, your bubble factor or whatever it was called in kill everyone is so high that folding could well be +$EV, you need very high equity in the hand to call

2 I'd shove

Comment

Hand 2 is a easy shove

Hand 1
                        Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                        If we call and double up do we double our equity in the tournament?
                        No we don't double our equity.

My first reaction was that its a clear fold here on the bubble. And I was stratching my head at the guys saying its an easy call.
                        So, i must be clearly missing something here.

Can you post clearer details for hand one? Is is the IPO or the SE??
                        How is it the bubble if its paid 150?? Basically post payouts, but if its the bubble its a pretty easy fold. If you meant FT bubble?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          My first reaction was that its a clear fold here on the bubble. And I was stratching my head at the guys saying its an easy call.
                          So, i must be clearly missing something here.

Can you post clearer details for hand one? Is is the IPO or the SE??
                          How is it the bubble if its paid 150?? Basically post payouts, but if its the bubble its a pretty easy fold. If you meant FT bubble?
                          IPO SE = IPO Side Event

I reckon he means that they are on the Final Table bubble, which is also the money bubble and 9th pays €150

If we fold, we've 9k and 2BB. Are we hoping to fold the next 4 hands so that the blinds can go through the SB and hopefully bust him so we sneak into the money?

I honestly think we have to call here and try to increase our stack to 32k and give us some fold equity when we shove and a shot at the bigger money

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            IPO SE = IPO Side Event

I reckon he means that they are on the Final Table bubble, which is also the money bubble and 9th pays €150If we fold, we've 9k and 2BB. Are we hoping to fold the next 4 hands so that the blinds can go through the SB and hopefully bust him so we sneak into the money?

I honestly think we have to call here and try to increase our stack to 32k and give us some fold equity when we shove and a shot at the bigger money
                            This is correct, sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              IPO SE = IPO Side Event
                              I reckon he means that they are on the Final Table bubble, which is also the money bubble and 9th pays €150
                              Ah didn't get the side event bit, what thinking it was an IPO sat in the SE or something.
                              Which would be the easy fold I refered to.

Assuming a normal payout, then yeah calling to try get a shovable stack is best, I can't see ICM making this a fold.

Comment

Working...
                              X