• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge Ten

Challenge Ten

1. Lose 30kgs weight!!
    2. Go on 50 blind dates.
    3. Perform in 10 concerts / gigs.
    4. Save 10% of my annual salary in savings.
    5. Swim a total of 400m each and every week. - Increases by 100m each month.
    6. Visit 10 different countries.
    7. Cycle a total of 50km each and every week. (Gym / Road)
    8. Attend 10 Cookery Classes
    9. Complete ten 10km races!
    10. Apply for 10 dream jobs!

To be completed between 10th October 2010 (10-10-10) and 11th November 2011 (11-11-11).

If you wanna check it out at http://challengeten.blogspot.com

Feel free to offer any advice or support you might have. All gratefully appreciated!!

Actually thought this said Challenge Tren and was getting all excited

Comment

Great idea - good luck with it man. I'm RSSing you

Comment

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Seems interesting, best of luck with it. I would drop giving details in public about the women you go on the dates with though. Just out of respect.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            Seems interesting, best of luck with it. I would drop giving details in public about the women you go on the dates with though. Just out of respect.
            +1

50 blind dates in a year? Brave man IMO. I did read that that's a task youre happy to fail on if you meet the right person though. I would revise it to 50 dates instead of 50 blind/first dates though.

Good luck with the weightloss, determination and consistency will steer you through.

Comment

At first glance I thought the thread was entitled 'Challenge Tren'.
              Bitterly disappointed now, carry on.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Actually thought this said Challenge Tren and was getting all excited
              Snap , just read this now.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

What did Kelly think of your meat and two veg?

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    Need to give some detail to make it a somewhat interesting read, obviously i'm not going to rip someone to shreds!! It also done with their knowledge and permission!!

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                    10/10 for observation! Hadn't spotted that opportunity for a comeback when i wrote it the first time.

Comment

Good luck with this. Very ambitious altogether!

Comment

50 blind dates a year, agreed that that would be hard, (is there a way to organise a blind date easily)
                        Does speed dating count for like 20?

Comment

Best of luck with this Breifne.

Comment

Good luck with this,

you should go on Take Me Out be like 30blind dates at once
                            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                              50 blind dates a year, agreed that that would be hard, (is there a way to organise a blind date easily)
                              Does speed dating count for like 20?
                              Nah, gonna try the old fashioned way and just put in the effort, crazy idea I know!!

I'm planning on going on one date a week, it's surprisingly easy to convince girls to go out on dates, and it's not 100% blind either, very hard in this day and age not to share pictures etc. I've been doing this about a week now, and have about five dates lined up for the rest of this month and most of November.

The one date I have been on, was a bit of fun, completely outside my comfort zone, but I'd recommend it to anyone.

Comment

I has a look at the blog, and i think given the fact that you appear to spread the word around well, and its getting good traffic means the dates will comes, word of mouth etc

Comment

Seems to ve going well, albeit after only two weeks. I'm down 3.9kg (9lbs) since the start of the project. Have been on one blind date, and have three more scheduled for the next few weeks, with a few more possibles lined up.

Full details on http://challengeten.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey man - loving the blog, the latest post is great.

Comment

Very interesting and good luck with it man.

Comment

thanks everyone for the good wishes, have been making steady progress on this over the first five weeks. Latest posts are:

Date 5 - By Hook or By Crook
                                        Weekly Review - Kick in the A***!

Oh by the way the blog has had over 2,600 pageviews in the last five weeks.
                                        Last edited by Breifne; 14-11-10, 21:10.

Comment

By the Way, if anyone is up early in the morning, check out the Saturday Sit In with George Hook on Newstalk 106-108 between 10 and 12. Gonna be featuring Challenge Ten!!

Comment

just found this Breifne.great stuff, the blog is good too. keep it up and keep the attitude up

Comment

Team Challenge Ten!!

Okay, so been keeping on target for the last 8 weeks, even surprising myself in the process. I'm now heading into my first major sports challenge which is the Rowing Ireland Indoor Rowing Championships. I'm looking for recruits to join us on the day and row 2000m (< 10mins). The entry fee is €25, half of which is then passed on to the Paralympic Council of Ireland as they prepare for the London 2012 Paralympics.

Its a really good cause, and why not get a few brownie points on your waist before the christmas period.

Full details of the event are available at www.challengeten.com

I'd love to recruit some of you. Get in touch at info@challengeten.com if your interested.

Breifne

Comment

Just posted my latest weekly report on the site. Was a tough week but check it out at http://challengeten.blogspot.com/201...ting-wall.html

Comment

Suppose I should keep you all up to date, thanks to JP Poker for setting this up!!

Date 22 with the gorgeous Gemma

As I mentioned in my last post, I spent a portion of the weekend taking part in a poker tournament locally, and had to skip out to take part...

Comment

Impressive stuff sir.

Saw you Friday and you look considerably better then I can ever remember.

Keep it going. Send me a PM or whatever if you need any help with the aul weightloss.

Comment

Great read (the parts I read). Well put together and very encouraging. Good luck with the next 6 months of it

Comment

Hadn't bothered posting in here for a while as I've been so busy with the blog, but just figured I'd drop back in to say hello. My progress to date is as follows:

1) Weight Loss 13.2kg / 30.0kg (44%)
                                                        2) Dates 26/50 (52%)
                                                        3) Concert / Gigs 6/10 (60%)
                                                        4) Save 10% of my Salary Completed
                                                        5) Swim Distance per Week 32/50 (64%)
                                                        6) Travel to 10 Countries 1/10 (10%)
                                                        7) Cycle 50km per Week 33/50 (66%)
                                                        8) Cookery Classes 4/10 (40%)
                                                        9) Sports Challenges 9/10 (90%)
                                                        10) Dream Jobs Completed

Full details on www.challengeten.com

Comment

As you might be aware, last October I started progress on achieving ten personal challenges and have been charting my progress on www.challengeten.com and plan to finish the challenges by 11th November 2011.

I'm currently preparing to take part in a 1,200km cycle in New Zealand to help raise much needed funds for the IRFU Charitable Trust, a charity which provides assistance to players who have been seriously injured while playing the sport.

I'd really appreciate if you could support my efforts by sacrificing the price of a drink, packet of cigarettes or even the price of a trip to the cinema to this fantastic cause.

Further details can be found at http://challengeten.blogspot.com/201...and-story.html

Thanks Breifne

PS: I'm still looking for blind dates, if you happen to know anyone between 24-32 approx, who might be interested in a blind date in the coming weeks, either get in touch or pass the details of the challenge to them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Why not 'like' the facebook page for the challenge at http://www.facebook.com/challengeten

Comment

I'm still pottering on with the various challenges, and 3 stone, 2 triathlons, miles and miles of running, cycling and swimming later, I'm feeling fantastic.

I'm heading to New Zealand tomorrow to take part in a 1,200km charity cycle. I know some IPBer's have already made a donation to the IRFU Charitable trust, Phil Baker, Satnav and Noel Hayes, Paul Fox & Islander in particular, your contributions have been greatly appreciated.

I'm a couple of euros short on my fundraising target for the trip, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can give for a fantastic cause, helping seriously injured and paralysed former players live in as much comfort and independence as possible.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, you can make a donation by going to www.challengeten.com and clicking on the 'Donate' Link!

Comment

Working...
                                                            X