• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPO WTF do i do now hands.

Blinds 800-1500-100

Stacks

Hero 100k
    Villian 110k (the only person in the room who covers me atm)

Just been moved to the table and still unracking my chips.

Villan opens to 3900 from MP
    I flat from the BB with 9s9d
    Pot now circa 9k

Flop Qs Jx 8s

I check, Villian bets 5200, i call.

Pot 20k ish

Turn 9h

Villian bets 13k Hero?

-----------------------------------------------

Blinds 1000-2000-200

Hero 150k
    Villian 200k ( once again ive found the only covering stack in the room)

Hero Opens to 5600 from MP with Ad 7d
    Villian (Paddy O Connor) Flats from the BB

Pot 13k ish

Flop Ac 2s 7s

Villian Checks
    Hero fires 8700
    Villian Calls

Pot 30k ish

Turn Jc

Villian Checks
    Hero Bets 20k
    Villian Shoves

Now what?

I flat in hand 1 (and prob call any river bet) and call in hand 2. Can't get away from those two I think. Just the size of the shove in hand 2 is a nightmare!

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
      I flat in hand 1 (and prob call any river bet) and call in hand 2. Can't get away from those two I think. Just the size of the shove in hand 2 is a nightmare!

Comment

1. is a sick spot, might even just be a fold.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
          1. is a sick spot, might even just be a fold.
          never folding 1, call and reassess river
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Like leading the turn in hand 1?

Comment

Does anyone just fold the flop in hand 1? I know its kind of weak but oop to the only guy that covers on that board is never going to be a barrel of laughs.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                Does anyone just fold the flop in hand 1? I know its kind of weak but oop to the only guy that covers on that board is never going to be a barrel of laughs.
                I would fold the flop

Comment

c/f flop in 1 always.

Comment

Hand 1 : I think i c/f the flop aswel. As played, i'd call the turn and reassess the river. Might even stick out a blocker bet on the river.

Hand 2 : Well played. Once i play A7 like this, i'm never folded to his push especially on a draw heavy board

Comment

Vill clearly has 1010 in hand 1.Fold.
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I call the turn and concentrate really hard on hitting the river

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                          Vill clearly has 1010 in hand 1.Fold.
                          Fold is crazy. We call here and pray we bink a 9 on the river for the immortals. How do we play the river if a 9 comes off?

Shove? Small bet? Big dwell and a few twitches followed by a check?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            How do we play the river if a 9 comes off?

Shove? Small bet? Big dwell and a few twitches followed by a check?
                            CRAI obv

Comment

Big dwell and a few twitches followed by a check?
                              this obv

Comment

Check calling the flop in 1 is spew.
                                Easy fold.

I not loving life in 2 but i have to call it off.
                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                  Check calling the flop in 1 is spew.
                                  Easy fold.
                                  Maybe so but that's not what I asked. What do you do on the 9h turn

Comment

Doesnt matter what you asked, the point of these threads is to point out the mistakes in the hands.

Check call turn now and pray you house up.
                                    You have 25% equity vs a straight and your getting 2.5/1 on a call now.
                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Flop is a fold in hand 1 and lol at everyone saying they call turn and "reassess" the river. You fcuking pray the river pairs otherwise you fold the river .

Hand 2 is a call, no overthinking this . The range of hands that have you beat is minute.

Comment

Originally posted by mickste View Post
                                        Flop is a fold in hand 1 and lol at everyone saying they call turn and "reassess" the river. You fcuking pray the river pairs otherwise you fold the river .

Hand 2 is a call, no overthinking this . The range of hands that have you beat is minute.
                                        This. And then puke when his JQ boats up.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I don't agree Mick. No reason why the villain isn't betting AA/KK/AKs/AJs here. If the river doesn't pair, we could still be ahead here. Good chance we're behind but we've a legit hand to go through all the options depending on what the river is.

Comment

You fcuking pray the river pairs otherwise you fold the river.
                                            so that's where I've been going wrong
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hand 1: If you're not getting your chips in bad, you're not getting them in enough.

Hand 2: You are asking a rhetorical question no? Seriously, why are you not raising the flop?

Comment

Tony whats your plan if the board doesn't pair and he goes all in or puts in a pot sized bet or a small value bet. Villian isn't repping aa/kk at all here Tony. Hf is out of position and there is only 1 person got him covered in the entire room apparently. He's been called pre ,flop and turn, there is no aa/kk in villians hand if he's remotely decent.

It's fine saying that we are behind a lot of the time but that maybe we could be good, but you should have a plan for all possibilities on the river before you call turn
                                                Last edited by mickste; 18-10-10, 15:52. Reason: spellcheck

Comment

Tony whats your plan if the board doesn't pair and he goes all in or puts in a pot sized bet or a small value bet. Villian isn't repping aa/kk at all here Tony. He's out of position and there is only 1 person got him covered in the entire room apparently. He's been called pre ,flop and turn, there is no aa/kk in his hand if he's remotely decent
                                                  Suppose he could check behind on the turn with AA/KK but i wouldn't be a huge fan giving free cards on that board to Richie so i might bet to protect my hand. I don't necessarily put my opponent on a 10 and if the river is a blank and it's checked to him i'd decide if he would value bet AA/KK/QQ/JJ or only bluff a missed draw or bet a 10. While pairing the board is great, a lot of higher houses also get there. I really like folding the flop because hitting our 9 puts us in a tough spot

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post

Hand 2: You are asking a rhetorical question no? Seriously, why are you not raising the flop?
                                                    I cant raise my own Cbet. Thought that was a standard rule

Comment

I don't agree Mick. No reason why the villain isn't betting AA/KK/AKs/AJs here. If the river doesn't pair, we could still be ahead here. Good chance we're behind but we've a legit hand to go through all the options depending on what the river is.
                                                      his value range crushes us, and even if the board pairs we might not be in great shape.

Comment

Hand 1

Obv the river was the case 9 and i got to CRAI.

Should i have lead the river? i was 99% sure the Villian was betting.

Hand 2

I dwelled for 10 mins lol and decided i couldnt fold. He showed 2c 3c and the river was a black 5, i nearly had a heart attack. Spade obv

Comment

we also have tens a reasonable amount in our range

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                            his value range crushes us, and even if the board pairs we might not be in great shape.
                                                            Yeah said that in my earlier comment about the board pairing. I don't like the call on the flop because even when we hit our 9, we're in tricky spot and with QQ/JJ and QJ all possibilities, housing up doesn't leave us creaming ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                              I cant raise my own Cbet. Thought that was a standard rule
                                                              er... oh yeah! I don't recall that rule being changed either.

Good call!

Comment

Check Fold flop in one.

Now, I'd call and prob and check fold the river unless it pairs.

Second hand I'd definitely call. The only hands he can realistically have that have you beat are AJ, 910s+, 77 and JJ. He has tons of hands that now have a pair and flush draw too. Snap it off.

edit: I didnt see results and obv completely misread the board in two so never mind. I thought it was an all spade flop.
                                                                Last edited by Theresa; 18-10-10, 17:45.
                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                  Like leading the turn in hand 1?
                                                                  Why?
                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Misread hand, carry on. Thought we had a straight.

Hand 2 seems like a v easy shove.

Comment

check folding the flops a bit weak for me. especially if your mans competent. It's a board where you'd often check back for pot control with medium holdings. So his range is a bit polarised a lot of the time imo. I think not 3 betting this pre and then check folding is just too weak.

As played I'd prob call and give up river if he fires a blank. After hitting the case 9 i'd check raise all in

Comment

Working...
                                                                      X