Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand from killarney

Im playing about 85K and the villian (nicholas newport) has about 70k,
    I have been playing extremely aggro, villian had only been at the table 30mins roughly and i dont know too much about him,

Blinds 800/1500 ante 200, I raise to 4100 UTG with AA, villian flats in MP and we see flop HU,
    Flop Qs 5d 2s, pot (12300) I lead for 7200, villian makes it 17-18k, i tank and shove.......

Talking to a few people later most thought the shove was quite bad, id agree, wonder what line people like here bearing in mind i have very aggro image at table, as mentioned i couldent define a range for him

Thoughts?

Still at 100/200 playing 17,500 I got QQ under the gun. I bet 600 and a player in seat 7 raised to 1,500. I figured he had AA or KK. He looked happy. I called the extra 900 as I was looking to surprise him.
    Flop QT8 rainbow. He was itching to go so I checked and he bet 2,000. I raised to 4,500.
    He instantly went all-in for a total of about 15,500 (incl pre-flop bet). Could he have J9 for the flopped straight? Not if he re-raised pre-flop to 1,500. I quickly checked that he wasn’t Gus Hansen in disguise and called, leaving 1,975 behind. The pot was about 31k. When he saw my set he was upset as he put me on one queen. I was amazed he put in his opening stack of 15,000 after a flop where he could be almost dead to QJT98, QQQ, TTT, 888, QQTT, QQ88, TT88.

The ace of diamonds on the turn effectively ended my tourney. 45 unseen cards and he hit the two outer.

Did you hit an ace on the turn also?

Comment

Shove is not terrible, there is alot of hands you beat that he raises the flop with however i'm not sure whether the villian wil stack off with them all,

i prefer to call his raise and check to him on the turn, not with the intention of folding i just think he wil fire more one pair hands we beat,

do we have the As?
      http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
        I have been playing extremely aggro, villian had only been at the table 30mins roughly and i dont know too much about him,

Blinds 800/1500 ante 200, I raise to 4100 UTG with AA, villian flats in MP and we see flop HU,
        Flop Qs 5d 2s, pot (12300) I lead for 7200, villian makes it 17-18k, i tank and shove.......

Talking to a few people later most thought the shove was quite bad, id agree, wonder what line people like here bearing in mind i have very aggro image at table, as mentioned i couldent define a range for him

Thoughts?
        I'm shoving here most days if not everyday!!! Board is so far apart also like come on i say your 90% time ahead here if not more. only pocket 5s imo have u licked here.

Did he have 55?
        Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
        My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
          Shove is not terrible, there is alot of hands you beat that he raises the flop with however i'm not sure whether the villian wil stack off with them all,

i prefer to call his raise and check to him on the turn, not with the intention of folding i just think he wil fire more one pair hands we beat,

do we have the As?
          we do

Comment

I prefer to flat his raise on the flop, and then CRAI on the turn rather than push over his bet on the flop

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
              I'm shoving here most days if not everyday!!! Board is so far apart also like come on i say your 90% time ahead here if not more. only pocket 5s imo have u licked here.

Did he have 55?
              What is he calling the shove with that you are happy seeing?
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post

Did he have 55?
                yep he had 55, Id say given my image he would stack off with KQ, QJ and flush draw but dont know what else to give him to put the loot in,afterwards thought a call on the flop could make him put it in lighter on turn if i check to him and its a brick but still open minded bout it, obv another while with him on the table or few hand with him would make this standard

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  I prefer to flat his raise on the flop, and then CRAI on the turn rather than push over his bet on the flop
                  This
                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    AQ, KQ, flusdraw, think he could even pull a call out of the bag with QJ considering i seen as a nut

Comment

I just flat on the flop. He's hardly stacking off with worse and having the As diminishes a lot of the draws he can have. I flat and let him hang himself on the turn.

Given your image though, shoving is not bad as he may call quite light, putting you on air/a draw. Only problem is he folds all his bluffs, which should make up a good part of his range on a board like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post

Thoughts?
                        Tricky spot considering table position & bet/pot/stack sizings.

Was 4100 your standard raise throughout this level?

Obv u have to lead out but I think a lead of c11-12k gets u a lot more info when u get the reactive action. This would force his repop to c27-28k, effectively 40% of his remaining stack and not 17-18k. The 17-18k bet makes it harder for u to judge whether it is a repop with a view to a fold to your reshove or genuine has a hand. If u can get away from the hand having lead for the larger c-bet u still have a very playable 70k stack behind at a relatively early stage.

Having said that i'd love to know what % of people dont get it all in here!
                        I suppose these are the small(big) differences

Comment

Kenny as he was only at the table for 30 mins is he aware of the aggro image in that time? If he is I don't mind the shove, prob get looked up by AQ, KQ i suppose. If you flat the flop I imagine you are going to get it in somehow on the turn anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            It's more than likey a flush draw raising you and any Q if im playing this aggressive like he said, so i'm happy to take this down and have an even better aggressive image. Of course you can flat and evaluate the turn, either shove yourself or let him shove? I just dont like this decision is all but just me.

I don't see anything wrong with your shove at all as he can have alot of hands that raise/fold to your shove or even raise call with kq/aq and only 1 hand your in trouble against which is 55.
                            Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                            My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              Tricky spot considering table position & bet/pot/stack sizings.

Was 4100 your standard raise throughout this level?

Obv u have to lead out but I think a lead of c11-12k gets u a lot more info when u get the reactive action. This would force his repop to c27-28k, effectively 40% of his remaining stack and not 17-18k. The 17-18k bet makes it harder for u to judge whether it is a repop with a view to a fold to your reshove or genuine has a hand. If u can get away from the hand having lead for the larger c-bet u still have a very playable 70k stack behind at a relatively early stage.

Having said that i'd love to know what % of people dont get it all in here!
                              I suppose these are the small(big) differences
                              wasent raising alot UTG obv but 3900-4200 would of been what i was making it if i was, about 3600 from MP and 3300-3400 in late (regardless of hand)

Comment

Just be happy you won the last longest...

Comment

The thing with this hand is that I am ALWAYS getting my stack in here. If we are beat, then so be it.

Now with that in mind, the only thing we want to do is make sure that when we aren't beat that we get as many of the villans chips in the pot. I don't think shoving the flop achieves this as I think he will only stack off with hands that beat us and possibly AQ and very very rarely a slowplayed KK.

I think we get him to put in more chips if you just call the flop and check the turn. I think now he will bet one pair hands and bluffs that he would of folded to your shove on the flop.

Once he bets the turn I would shove then. If he checks behind on the turn, depending on the river card and reads, I would either bet or check/call, check/raise but never folding.

Comment

Working...
                                  X