Labrokes ME hand day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labrokes ME hand day 1

History with villain, hand previous to this, villain was on massive tilt after he raised from the c/o 1300 at the 200/400 level and bb put in 6200 which i could see by the bb was a mistake by the reaction on his face, he meant to just call, and villain thought for an age and eventually folded only to find out that every one knew it was a mistake by the bb but he never copped it and the bb showed him KsJs, which villain looked fairly sick.
    History with me, i raised with AQ from mid pos to 1100 and villain shoved for about 6500, the hand previous played a big part on my call and he showed AJ, we split the pot,
    Subject hand, blinds still 200/400, i raised from bt to 1100 with Ac7c, sb and villain called, flop Jx2x6h, checked in to me where i checked, i checked trying to show strength as i have been cbetting every time, turn 9h, sb leads for 1k, villain dwells and calls, i make it 4500 and sb insta folds which i expected, villain thinks for an absolute age, easily 4-5 mins, and shoves, 3500 more for me to call and if i make it it leaves me with 1800, my first thoughts is that he was on a big draw after dwelling for so long.
    Thoughts?

I don't like any part of it bar preflop. I cbet the flop and just fold the turn. As played, if you're going to raise, raise enough not to leave you this decision on the river

Comment

Sorry, i meant not to leave you facing this decision on the turn

Comment

I don't see why not c-betting this time looks strong. It might to some but it actually just polarises your range to sets and air.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dont get the turn raise at all. Just fold.
          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
            Dont get the turn raise at all. Just fold.
            Because i'm playing with these two all day and i just feel they are weak, i expexted the sb to lead the turn and the villain looked like he was folding at first but after a long dwell he called so i felt i could pick up a handy pot, and increase my stack by about 30%
            Last edited by TheImprover; 02-10-10, 11:39.

Comment

The stack sizes are all wrong for you to try a move like this..Lead the flop for around half pot and fold to shove.
              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I don't mind checking back the flop, and prefer it tbh. Hate the turn raise a lot from the point of view of hand selection, sizing and remaining stacks. If you want to do anything just shove. This hand is not good to do it with. I'm sure you have loadsa stuff you can raise turn with that you check back flop with that are better than this.

I really don't like that kind of line anyway. Doesn't make much sense.
                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I think I just give up on the flop. Raising the turn is just pure spew imo. You're basically repping JJ and that's about it and if the guy is titled up he won't be folding. If you have an active image you should be cbetting strong hands 100% of the time imo.

Comment

i just fold now

with the benefit of hind sight here, checking the flop was a bad move.
                    you should have bet 16-1800 on the flop and if he pushes on you then. it is a much easier fold.

what are you hoping to represent here? are you hoping that some guy with steam coming out of his ears is going to fold to your "brilliantly disguised and slow played set", would he have even noticed, if he is that tilted?

its an easy fold for me now, plus iam now fairly pissed off cos we have only 15 or so bbs left

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

i don't see anything wrong with your bluff on the turn, i actually like it
                      i think i'd call the all in - you are getting a great price, and going by your description you may be ahead

Comment

I played with the villain in the super sat for a long time. He could easily have a draw here, i liked the bluff and thought you were really strong. 99% of the time im folding but not to this villain.

Also WP on the deep run after being so short.

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
                          I played with the villain in the super sat for a long time. He could easily have a draw here, i liked the bluff and thought you were really strong. 99% of the time im folding but not to this villain.

Cheers, i did make the call and he sowed 9,5, but it seemed to not work out to bad as that put me down to 1800 and went out in 31st spot, so wasn't to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                            Cheers, i did make the call and he sowed 9,5, but it seemed to not work out to bad as that put me down to 1800 and went out in 31st spot, so wasn't to bad.
                            I was on your table seat 1

Comment

I was on your table seat 1
                              ya, i know ul on you're exit, sick 1 outer, you played well though,

Comment

Just a note for them plays, before doing it ask yourself are your opponents thinking as deeply as you are or even are they capable enough players to understand this play can only show strenght?

Your thinking is good shows you really can think outside the box at any stage so kudos but again stack sizes make this play better kept for bigger stacks but I do like it.

The flop does miss them almost everytime here, I would be cbetting here all the time not because of my loose image but soley because of the board structure and high rate for a cbet to get true.
                                Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                  Because i'm playing with these two all day and i just feel they are weak, i expexted the sb to lead the turn and the villain looked like he was folding at first but after a long dwell he called so i felt i could pick up a handy pot, and increase my stack by about 30%
                                  you don't have to try and win every pot where you are the PF agressor.

We could easily be behind a draw.

Comment

If i'm going to bluff raise the turn i'm going to like shove,

but basically wat blaaaaah said for everything else
                                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

The fact you finished 31st has nothing to do with the hand(nice result anyway), by that logic you could of finished much higher or lower if you had won the hand.

checking the flop is okay but that is a pretty dry board and one where a c-bet is going to be profitable long term.Jason makes a good point ,you made a raise on the turn because you felt he was weak but you had not planned for what to do if he did shove. Before anyone makes a play like this you should be aware of stack sizes and what your plan is for your opponents decisions based on your line.

Comment

Working...
                                      X