Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live 1/2 cash

Live 1/2 cash
    Effective stack is $100. First hand at table, but plyers are generally loose and poor.
    I post (OOP) in the HJ.

Dealt KdQd

4 limpers to me, I limp. Button/blinds call
    8 see a flop

Flop Q74r (16)
    Check to me, I make it $10, button calls, MP calls.
    Turn 2 (46)
    Checke around (thoughts on checking here?)

River 9 (46)
    MP bets 20...

I like a raise pre. Lovely hand in position

I'm happy enough to fire the turn aswel. As played, i think i just call the river

Comment

Bet turn, call river as played

Comment

If this is a fairly standard live game then you can get 3 streets of value from this Q here since no live donk is ever folding a pair.

I've no problem betting 3-streets here since all sorts of 1 pair hands will come with you in these games.

I don't mind how you played it at all and the river is probably just a call.
        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Raise pre, bet more on flop, bet the turn, call the river

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
            Raise pre, bet more on flop, bet the turn, call the river
            This.

I haven't a notion why you checked the turn.

Comment

Raise pre is mandatory

Comment

Playing short stacked
                Post OOP
                Limps pre
                Plays badly

All sounds a little fishy

SPOILER
                Reverso ?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                  Playing short stacked
                  Post OOP
                  Limps pre
                  Plays badly

All sounds a little fishy

SPOILER
                  Defo Mellor

Opr
                  FYP

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    I like a raise pre. Lovely hand in position

I'm happy enough to fire the turn aswel. As played, i think i just call the river
                    Originally posted by Opr View Post
                    Playing short stacked
                    Not short stacked, 100 is the max buy-in. Which is obv balls.
                    I'm paying time charge to sit down. It's 6 hands till my BB so it better to post now rather sit here paying to do feck all.

I noramally raise PF, 10 looks to be the standard open,
                    didn't this time as I didn't think many would go away (most are a lot deeper) and didn't want to be playing 90 into 60 on the flop.
                    Might of gotten call on the turn from a worse hand, I checked to look weak-ish and called the river.
                    Villian shows QQ for the nuts.

Comment

Bit of a results oriented hand I think Mellor, I would never not be stacking off here with KQ 50bb deep on such a board. I would be doing all the betting on every single street.

Comment

If you raise pre then you most likely get reraised by the QQ and can get away easy enough.

Although you can win a lot of big pots in a live game with top pair K kicker your not going to win too many pots with one pair when eight players see a flop no matter what the standard is.
                        They will turn up with 9,7 & Q 9 here at alot......both hands are unfoldable in a live game and sure if they were suited then obviously they are raising hands.
                        twitter
                        moneybookers

Comment

Star City or the Crown, Mellor?
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Is raising pre a good move here? He has KQ which isn't a premium hand. A raise to $10 will see all the limpers call anyway if the table is as described. Making the pot $50, if he misses the flop a c-bet is going to be a for a large portion of his small stack.

These tables full of fish and espically when relatively short stacked I think are best played by waiting for ultra strong hands pre or getting to the flop with marginal holding and hitting 2 pair+ and getting paid off by all the donks.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                              Is raising pre a good move here? He has KQ which isn't a premium hand. A raise to $10 will see all the limpers call anyway if the table is as described. Making the pot $50, if he misses the flop a c-bet is going to be a for a large portion of his small stack.

These tables full of fish and espically when relatively short stacked I think are best played by waiting for ultra strong hands pre or getting to the flop with marginal holding and hitting 2 pair+ and getting paid off by all the donks.
                              I agree with you re the 2 pair or better.

The point I was making about the raise pre is the QQ would have reraised (probably) allowing KQ to fold and save money.

I all ready said that 1 pair is not going to be the best hand when 8 players see the flop.
                              twitter
                              moneybookers

Comment

How is KQs not a premium hand?

So you either wait for ultra strong hands or else you play a marginal hand but don't want to raise pre with KQs which is a very strong hand. That doesn't make much sense to me tbh.

You only ever have a max of 50bb and have to pay to play so you can't be waiting around to get AA and KK and limping in with marginal holdings hoping to flop 2 pair or even a pair isn't a good plan either.

Comment

A raise to $10 will see all the limpers call anyway if the table is as described. Making the pot $50, if he misses the flop a c-bet is going to be a for a large portion of his small stack.
                                  Here's an idea. Don't cbet the flop if you get 5 callers and miss.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                    Don't C-bet the flop lol that is the funniest thing I have ever heard on this site.
                                    Has anybody ever not C-bet after a preflop raise, lol seriously!!

Only serious answers please.
                                    twitter
                                    moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                      Star City or the Crown, Mellor?
                                      Star City. Really hate playing as the 1/2 game is capped. It plays so strange too.
                                      They never have good tourneys, but i'm determined to sat into one of the big ones soon. APPT or Aussie mill
                                      Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                      Bit of a results oriented hand I think Mellor, I would never not be stacking off here with KQ 50bb deep on such a board. I would be doing all the betting on every single street.
                                      Think I am a bit results based. Just want to check to see if others thought 3 barrels were ok verses a rake of callers.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                        Don't C-bet the flop lol that is the funniest thing I have ever heard on this site.
                                        Has anybody ever not C-bet after a preflop raise, lol seriously!!

Only serious answers please.

Comment

Clearly. But why we would he lob in the extra $10 to build the pot when theres a good chance he will miss or be outflopped with so many callers. Better off limping pre IMO.

Comment

Clearly. But why we would he lob in the extra $10 to build the pot when theres a good chance he will miss or be outflopped with so many callers. Better off limping pre IMO.
                                            To limit the field, to pick up the dead money,to play the pot in position, to build the pot for when we do hit, because we have a relative monster after nobody has shown any strength and because it is better than limping and having someone iso raise behind you

Comment

To limit the field, to pick up the dead money,to play the pot in position, to build the pot for when we do hit, because we have a relative monster after nobody has shown any strength and because it is better than limping and having someone iso raise behind you
                                              Your not adjusting for who your playing and stack size. The raise won't limit the field, already have decent position, KQ is not a monster espically when the 4 limpers will call. This is basically what anyone who buys in low in a cash game in Dublin has to do - play ultra tight get a premium hand or see a cheap flop and hit big. Nobody is folding - espically pre.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                Star City. Really hate playing as the 1/2 game is capped. It plays so strange too.
                                                They never have good tourneys, but i'm determined to sat into one of the big ones soon. APPT or Aussie mill
                                                Yeah wierd game. When I played there there were always guys who would sit down and immediately lose a few buyins trying to get a double up so that they could start actually playing.

That was 3 years ago now. If only I knew how to play poker then, I'd have made a fortune. Le sigh.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Your not adjusting for who your playing and stack size. The raise won't limit the field, already have decent position, KQ is not a monster espically when the 4 limpers will call. This is basically what anyone who buys in low in a cash game in Dublin has to do - play ultra tight get a premium hand or see a cheap flop and hit big. Nobody is folding - espically pre.
                                                  You are playing against limpers and have a top 5% hand. Stack size makes it easier imo. If you flop top pair or a decent draw you have nothing to think about postflop. So what if it wont limit the field - you have a top 5% hand. You wont have position if the co and button come along or isolate the dead money. KQs is a monster when 4 people limp in. They are limping with garbage,raggy aces,small pairs and hands you dominate.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X