X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its a call but is it?

Hand from a 33$ fo yesterday on stars, we are ITM, there is about 18left,

i am chipleader with average for the final 8 or so with 200k,

i built a big stack on the bubble getting AA vs KK to break the bubble and from there i've went from 60k-200k without any showdowns,

i've been fairly active raising nearly every pot,

i can't get the hand history but here are the details,

Hero UTG+2 ~200k

Villian CO ~90k,

blinds 2/4k,

Hero is dealt AQoff

i open to 8k,

he ships for 90k,

we have no history thus far and this is like our 2nd hand on the table together,

against any normal shoving range of like AT+,KQ,77+, its meant to be a call if he has seen how active i've been his range should be much wider,

but should i conserve my stack and bully,

all the money is in the top two spots or so,

Just interested peoples views here, thanks
    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

I would fold and keep working on stealing. there is no need to take a race and your not a big fav over the majority of an unknowns 22bb 3bet shove. i dont mind a call either.

Comment

I think most people will come on and say fold tbh but I call there most of the time & take my chances. its going to be a flip the majority of the time and imo you will be ahead more time's than you will be behind so call and hope for the best!!
      twitter
      moneybookers

Comment

I'd happily take a flip here. These overbet 3bet shoves certainly imply weakness so you are either dominating him or flipping. If you lose you still have a very good stack and if you win you are virtually guaranteed a healthy cash.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'd feel more comfortable with the call if he had less than 60k.

I think the best way to think through the hand is look at it from the villians point of view.

Why am I shoving for 90k when in position?

Chances are I've a hand that doesn't play well post flop in which case you are flippin or ahead. If I'm the villian with premium cards I'm looking to raise here to something like 22k.

There's also the possiblity he's making an early stand against the table captain light in which case you're way ahead.

On balance I think the times you're ahead makes this a profitable call but folding is no great loss either as you're still in great shape.
          You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

I think in theory its a fold but in reality id find it hard not too call.

your probably best served holding on to your current stack lead and using that to crush him/them in other spots.

Comment

If you've been as active as you say then you have to call here. You playing every hand opens up his range so much you have to, I think. If you've been rocking it up then you can think differently. Here I think you'll see A7-AJ enough of the time, along with the flips and hands that crush us to make it worthwhile.

Comment

TBH in real time i didn't even think about and pretty much snap called,

as its been said i honestly believe he has no flatting range other than like AA or KK trying to induce a shove,

and wil just jam anything from 22+, Axs and like most Axoff, bunch of broadways too,

with a better structure i might fold, but with alot of guys around the 10-20bb range,

i'm happy to get it in with AQoff here,

i was suprised to see he turned over JJ,

thanks for the replies
                http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

i call for many reasons stated above but also u wanna send message of no fear to table.. that u aint planning on raise folding, that ull play for staxs, scare them alot, specially as u approach final table bubble

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post

Chances are I've a hand that doesn't play well post flop in which case you are flippin or ahead.
                    DrJff, I think you put results up a bit early.

I've seen them, but my reply was going to say;
                    There are 4 hands only that you don't want to see. Everything else is a call.
                    These 4 are also the lest likely to be in his range once he decides to play.
                    I call, Q please

Comment

Working...
                    X