On for SnG Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On for SnG Heads

Villain is a Russian reg grinder who has a 7% ROI over 4204 games.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 33 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t1500)
    MP1 (t1400)
    MP2 (t2160)
    MP3 (t1470)
    CO (t1470)
    Button (t1400)
    SB (t1700)
    Hero (BB) (t1410)
    UTG (t990)

Hero's M: 47.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
    UTG calls t20, 2 folds, MP2 calls t20, 2 folds, Button bets t60, 1 fold, Hero raises to t200, 2 folds, Button raises to t400

Hero?
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
    Villain is a Russian reg grinder who has a 7% ROI over 4204 games.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 33 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t1500)
    MP1 (t1400)
    MP2 (t2160)
    MP3 (t1470)
    CO (t1470)
    Button (t1400)
    SB (t1700)
    Hero (BB) (t1410)
    UTG (t990)

Hero's M: 47.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
    UTG calls t20, 2 folds, MP2 calls t20, 2 folds, Button bets t60, 1 fold, Hero raises to t200, 2 folds, Button raises to t400

Hero?
    Fold gracefully . At best your 50/50 with 2 overs which i would doubt anyway. With no reads i'd fold as you have plenty of time .

The very same happened to me in the ipb league game on mon night in the 2nd hand . Villain raised from mp3 to 60 and i made it 240 and get 4bet to 640 and i folded . The villain turned out to be Chris Dowling but i still dont know what his hand was , but i ended up in 2nd place anyway . I just didn't think it was worth a race at that stage.

Comment

i shove i am never folding ak this early in a sng

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

ship that shit in

although im usually cautious of reg players multitabling because obviously they will only get attracted to tables where they have a good hand

Comment

Ship da motha fcuking sherbert.

Comment

I'd be fairly confident of ruling out any pairs of 2-2 to 8-8 in the villans range.

It doesn't make sense to play them that way when flat calling the 140 in order to set mine makes much more sense.

It smells of QQ-AA or maybe AKs considering he's getting you to virtually commit to any flops you catch a bit of.

I fold or shove. Flat calling the 200 leaves you OOP which is a bad spot to be in with 40% of your stack in the middle, even with AK.

Personally I shove as I like to play to AK OOP aggressively preflop, especially if the raiser is on the button.
            You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

He has 3 hands QQ KK AA.

I think i would be happy calling his open raise oop. 3 bet is fine in position although not that necessary in earlier stages. Guess it depends what level you are playing the lower the level the less you need to get fancy and your 3 bet range at this stage of sngs can be very limited.

The higher a level and more often you encounter regs the your 3 bet range is going to have to be wider.

You are bet simple as just fold it and your stack is ok.

Just a little comment damo said i would be more than happy to go with this hand in a mtt. Its a different story against a winning reg in a sng.
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

90% of multitabling regs at 15s and 25s only ever have QQ+ here.
                Doubt its any different at 33s, so its a fold.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                  Fold gracefully . At best your 50/50 with 2 overs which i would doubt anyway. With no reads i'd fold as you have plenty of time .

The very same happened to me in the ipb league game on mon night in the 2nd hand . Villain raised from mp3 to 60 and i made it 240 and get 4bet to 640 and i folded . The villain turned out to be Chris Dowling but i still dont know what his hand was , but i ended up in 2nd place anyway . I just didn't think it was worth a race at that stage.
                  I had A 8....probably
                  twitter
                  moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                    I had A 8....probably
                    wp

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                      I had A 8....probably
                      FKN Retard

Comment

The min-raise scares me. I´m jamming still though.

Comment

i would fold against a reg here

Comment

Thanks guys. Four things led me to shove:

1. His pre flop raise. A raise to 60 here with two limpers suggested a smaller set mining pair or nice suited connectors but why do this with AA KK QQ? Most likely you are going to get at least two callers if not more.

2. Once it was three bet back to him it was just the two of us. I felt he was good enough to 4 bet bluff here knowing I would put him on exactly AA, KK, QQ.

3. Blockers.

4. Inexperience at this level on this site (41 sng tournies).
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Don't 3b a good villain if you're not getting it in ldo.
                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                Thanks guys. Four things led me to shove:

1. His pre flop raise. A raise to 60 here with two limpers suggested a smaller set mining pair or nice suited connectors but why do this with AA KK QQ? Most likely you are going to get at least two callers if not more.

2. Once it was three bet back to him it was just the two of us. I felt he was good enough to 4 bet bluff here knowing I would put him on exactly AA, KK, QQ.

3. Blockers.

4. Inexperience at this level on this site (41 sng tournies).
                                what did he have

Comment

Originally posted by crow View Post
                                  what did he have
                                  bump

Comment

Working...
                                  X