Quick Showdown stats Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Showdown stats Question

Going to try and get into playing low stakes cash from Oct and needs ton of tweaking and advice. Just had a really quick 200 hand session there finishing up 2 BIs and want to know about this part.

Can someone give me a quick explanation on below stats pls. What's a good return on each and what's generally wrong if you've bad stats here?

If using a HUD, do you put any of them in, and which one?

As for aggro stats, are they related to WTSD?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Q about HEM. I updated to the latest Beta version last week and since then, my HUD won't launch. I went back to the previous version but still no joy.

I can't launch table manager and my HUD just won't appear at my tables. Table Manager just doesn't pop up or appear in the task bar. Tried a couple of things from HEM forum but still no joy. Any ideas?

Don't really have time to reply now Tony, but your sample size is skewing those stats majorly, my owns stats would be about

Went to Showdown: 29.16 ± 0.32
    Won $ at Showdown: 49.31 ± 1.01
    WWSF: 50

Basically over a large sample size if would be impossible to get anywhere near close to those stats unless you were playing guys who just had total crap everytime they went to SD.

Post them again after 10k hands

Comment

Originally posted by redjoker
      Won $ When Saw Flop % (W$WSF) – How often a player wins the pot when he sees a flop; this gives a good indication of how aggressive a player is postflop.

>45% – this player is likely to be extremely aggressive postflop and is probably firing multiple barrels. It’s also likely this player goes too far with marginal holdings, usually indicates a maniac.

40% – 45% – this player is playing aggressively, most commonly a good TAG/LAG

35% - 40% - this player is slightly passive postflop, he gives up easily and may be playing too many hands preflop. Usually indicates a weak-tight postflop player.

<35% - this player is giving up far too easily and may be playing too many hands preflop. Usually means that the player is nitty.

Went to Showdown % (WtSD) – How often a player gets to showdown when he sees a flop. The higher this number is the more likely the player is to be a calling station and the lighter you can value bet. The lower the number the more you can bluff and the less inclined you should be to value bet. This should be looked at with W$SD.

<22%, this player is fairly nitty and doesn’t get to showdown often, most likely has a high W$SD

22% – 27%, indicates a reasonably tight range and is the most common, should be looked at in terms of W$SD.

27% - 33%, fairly loose range for getting to showdown, a low W$SD would indicate a calling station while a high W$SD would usually indicate a competent LAG.

>33%, this player is almost definitely going too far with his hands. Value bet relentlessly.

Won $ at Showdown % (W$SD) – How often a player wins at showdown. This can give a rough measure of a player’s postflop skill, the higher the number the more likely an opponent is to have the winning hand at showdown.

This really needs to be looked at in context with a player’s WtSD and they’re overall style of play. A maniac is likely to have a low W$SD while a smart, aggressive player’s will be higher. A good LAG will have a high W$SD where a bad LAG wouldn’t. This will also separate the nits from the TAGs. You can bluff frequently and use smaller bet sizes against players with high W$SD as they’re likely to be weak tight. On the other hand a player with a low W$SD is likely calling too much so we can value bet lighter and bet bigger against them.

>55%, this player probably isn’t going to showdown too often and can be bluffed more frequently.

48% - 55%, fairly common for TAGs/LAGs, look at in terms of WtSD.

<48%, usually has the worst hand at showdown, value bet relentlessly and don’t bluff them.
      From redjokers post on boards

i currently don't use showdown stats in my hud but would be interested in peoples thoughts on why they have it

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
        Don't really have time to reply now Tony, but your sample size is skewing those stats majorly, my owns stats would be about

Went to Showdown: 29.16 ± 0.32
        Won $ at Showdown: 49.31 ± 1.01
        WWSF: 50

Basically over a large sample size if would be impossible to get anywhere near close to those stats unless you were playing guys who just had total crap everytime they went to SD.

Post them again after 10k hands
        Cheers Pauric. Yeah i know it's defo nowhere near accuarte over 200 hands. I was playing pretty aggroo aswel but was just trying to get an inderstanding of the stats. Going to try and get 10k hands in and see how i run. Going to spend a week or so understanding stats, learning to fold 109s utg and just setting myself up for a spin at the start of October (well after Killarney)

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        From redjokers post on boards

i currently don't use showdown stats in my hud but would be interested in peoples thoughts on why they have it
        Cheers Mike. Will have a read over that thread again and see if i can use it. I know i'm defo too aggroo anyways because my stats UTG are also the same as my CO becasue i love purrrty cards!

Comment

I think WTSD and W$SD are useful stats to look at when playing mico stakes. When you get a decent sample size you can really exploit some poeple.

Their pre-flop stats will look normal it 19/17 or around that but their WTSD will be realy low like 20 or so and thier W$SD will be really high like 55-60 or something along these lines. You now know this player is very unlikely to bluff on the river and when they bet its for value. And will play a more straight forward style in general.

As for fish even after a small sample if you see some guy with a high WTSD (>35) and low W$SD (<40) then id be calling him very light when his line doesnt make sence or he just pots three streets.

All that stuff is kinda general enough but im not exactly sure what you are looking for. In relation to your aggression question id imagine that people with high Agg stats on the river will have lower WTSD and W$SD stats but will make up for this in non showdown pots.

Comment

Im pretty bad with stats so others could say better. I include Vpip/pfr/3bet
            agg/cbet/fold to cbet
            fold to 3bet/call 3bet/hands

in my hud.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Cheers Mike. Will have a read over that thread again and see if i can use it. I know i'm defo too aggroo anyways because my stats UTG are also the same as my CO becasue i love purrrty cards!
              Just keep firing lots of barells imo

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
              Im pretty bad with stats so others could say better. I include Vpip/pfr/3bet
              agg/cbet/fold to cbet
              fold to 3bet/call 3bet/hands

in my hud.
              I think those are a given
              once you have a grip on them its agood idea to add in the above stats

Comment

Working...
              X