Ryder Cup Fantasy Golf.... Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryder Cup Fantasy Golf.... Possible?

First time i'm gonna be off work and get to see every shot of this and it got me thinking is there any way of doing some sort of Fantasy Golf for the golf followers on here.

Now i'm not great for organising these type of things, so if it deemed feasible to do i'm hoping someone else on here will take over the orgainsing of it .

I was thinking say, if we got 12 of us to throw in 20 bucks and each person gets a Yank and a European and whoever gets the combined highest score wins, if there is a tie money is split obv, 3 way tie is split 3 ways blah blah but i reckon there's a good chance of there being an outright winner.

I was thinkin maybe if the pairings were fixed and some type of randomised draw could be done to determine what pairings each person got.

Was on PP website and was looking at the top combined scorer market and started matching the shortest price Yank with the longest price European and vica versa, then the 2nd shortest Yank with the 2nd longest price European etc etc. Some were the same price so just randomly paired them in that situation. It ended up where the pairings looked like this;

Woods - Hanson
    Mcilroy - Overton
    Mickelson - Jimenez
    Stricker - Francesco Molinari
    Westwood - Bubba
    Kaymer - Zach
    Furyk - Fisher
    Donald - Rickiiiiii
    Eduardo Molinari - Hunter Mahan
    Poulter - Cink
    Mcdowell - Dustin
    Harrington - Kuchar

Do these seem anywhere near fair??? But it'll be a random draw (if someone can come up with an idea how that could be done) Obviously a huge amount depends on how many games each player plays but from what the 2 captains have said i expect all 24 to have played at least once by Sundays singles. And look, for only $20 it'll mean you'd should an interest in some pairings every session.

Well thats it, can it be done? is it worthwhile? would we get 12? and if it is can someone get it going . I'm just hoping to get the ball rolling.
    Or maybe there's a better way of pairing them, i dunno.......
    ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Jack Burton has agreed to run this.

Comment

Ok nearly upon us now, if no one else is willing to run it i will, i'm gonna alot each parinig a number 1-12 in any random order and will pm the numbered pairing to one of the respected posters on here for proof (suggestions as to who?)

I'm hoping whoever that is will be willing to take the $20 transfers too, as i'm probably not well enough known on here for that. Hopefully we get 12 and if so i'll be happy to take whatever pairing is left after 11 pick their numbers since it will be me allocating the pairings with a number.

How does this sound? Any better suggestions?
      ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
        Ok nearly upon us now, if no one else is willing to run it i will, i'm gonna alot each parinig a number 1-12 in any random order and will pm the numbered pairing to one of the respected posters on here for proof (suggestions as to who?)

I'm hoping whoever that is will be willing to take the $20 transfers too, as i'm probably not well enough known on here for that. Hopefully we get 12 and if so i'll be happy to take whatever pairing is left after 11 pick their numbers since it will be me allocating the pairings with a number.

How does this sound? Any better suggestions?
        In for whatever.

Comment

1 Jack Burton
          2 Howard Finkel
          3 The C Kid

Comment

Make it 20 per pick JB and allow people 2 picks of we don't get enough interest

Comment

Just wanna thank dannydiamond for agreeing to help out if needed but not enough interest for it to go ahead and it's gettin too close now to starting.

Comment

Can we make this a Ryder cup discussion thread or do we need a new thread ?

Comment

Good idea, fuck it only up, body wouldnt allow me get up any earlier. Slightly after timing here but my bet for the morning is a double on mac/mac to be leading after the 9th at 5-4 and woods/stricker to win at 9-10. Anyone else any wagers going?
                  Last edited by JackBurton; 01-10-10, 07:45.

Comment

This is gonna get called off i think

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                      This is gonna get called off i think
                      yeah good chance it'll be delayed for a couple of hours alright

Comment

U should get sorted here

Edit: Wrong thread
                        Last edited by JackBurton; 01-10-10, 07:53.

Comment

Working...
                        X