Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

partypoker 250k guaranteed, below average stack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

partypoker 250k guaranteed, below average stack.

last nights partypoker 250k guaranteed.

380 left out of 1600, 150 getting paid.
    average around 10,000 at the time.

blinds 300/600 & ante 50, so 1400 in pot.

i'm utg with 6850, so even though 10bb left, only an M=5.

have 99...anyone like a limp & call anything up to a 3xbet? push on any non A or K flop, but c/f on A or K flop, or is this always a push?

not results based...

I am pushing here, if you only pick up the blinds and antes its nearly increasing your stack by close to 20%

Comment

It's a shove. Anything else is stupidity.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I would also always push without thinking about it. Decent pair and less then 15 bb and I am pretty will always going to go. Only thing that would make me think is if someone unreal tight has pushed before but I would probably go anyway.

Comment

limping is very bad imo. Pushing here is standard and pretty automatic with your stack size.

Limping and then folding to any over card on the flop is very weak play and easily losing in the long run.

You're going to be out of position to any call if you x3 raise and your stack size isn't giving you the implied odds to limp to hit a set on a flop.

It's pretty typical in MTT's to shove here, get called by two overcards(like AK) and either double up or bust.

If you want a deep run in these tournies you need to accept these coin flip situations and just hope your hand hits/holds
          You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

yeah its a standard push
            you are less likely to be called with 15bbs as well rather than leaving yourself go down to 9 or 10 bbs before pushing rubbish, and if you do get called you are not in bad shape

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

yep, thats what i thought...

usual, Button wakes up with AKo & hits K on turn, with a 3,7,J flop. A raise would have come from him anyhow preflop...

cheers

ps: maybe results orientated, but push is standard.

Comment

Originally posted by aubreym View Post
                yep, thats what i thought...

usual, Button wakes up with AKo & hits K on turn, with a 3,7,J flop. A raise would have come from him anyhow preflop...

cheers

ps: maybe results orientated, but push is standard.
                push is standard if no one else has opened the pot or pushed before you, in which case its player dependant then.

but tbh if i had 99 on the bttn and utg opened for 3x i would probably shove
                if i was on the bttn and co opened for 3x i would definetly shove
                other than that if iam first into the pot and i have 15bbs its a simple shove

edit to say
                i just noticed the name of your thread "below average stack"
                average stack dosn't mean a shit! i used to be obsessed with average stack until i realised that its better to know what to do with certain stack sizes and play according to that, than worry if iam keeping up with the rest of the field.

thats not to say that it turned me into a winning player
                Last edited by Angry-Ball; 20-09-10, 11:09.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

course average stack matters, especially once ante's come into effect.

average stack will usually mean a small M (BB + SB + antes) so, if you let yourself get down to m=3 or 4 or less, an all-in is usually around 5-6BB, which will be called by most players with chips, if its a chance to knock someone out.

Comment

average stack will usually mean a small M (BB + SB + antes) so, if you let yourself get down to m=3 or 4 or less, an all-in is usually around 5-6BB, which will be called by most players with chips, if its a chance to knock someone out.
                    I think what Angry-Ball is talking about here is that a mistake he used to make was attempting to stay close to average stack rather than letting his cards and stack in relation to the BB dictate his play.

I'm guessing he found himself playing too loose when below average and too tight when above/near average.

One thing I've stopped doing is panicking when I'm below average or below 10 BB's. Usually one double up puts you back in a comfortable spot.
                    You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Push is standard, even considering a limp is wrong.

Average stack is totally unrelated to stack M. An average stack could be an M of 5, 10, 20, or 50+ at various points.
                      Stack M is important not average stack. Obviously the M of an average stack will drop as levels progress. The average stack in level one could have an M of 100+, or it could be 2 at the endgame, at what point does average become important?
                      ...The answer is it doesn't.

Your M should affect your decisions, not your stack in relation to an average stack. There are very few eceptons to this, and even still its not just average stack. It's a psycological boost for many, but then its also a psycological burden if it drops.

Comment

Working...
                      X