MP: $68.02

Pre-Flop: 7 5 dealt to Hero (CO)
    UTG raises to $3.50, MP folds, Hero raises to $10, 3 folds, UTG calls $6.50

Flop: ($21.50) 6 2 8 (2 Players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $16, UTG calls $16

Turn: ($53.50) 9 (2 Players)
    UTG bets $26.75, Hero...

Villain is a reg and plays 21/16/2

He folds to 3bets 50% over 600 hands. Not sure how he views me, but prob has no respect for me. No relevant history except its my 2nd 3bet vs him with me in position in both.

I should have made it more preflop - was too busy watching tv

Call
    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

call anyway

Id be inclined to call a large % of rivers too

Comment

call and evaluate river imo

Comment

Ah the old Johnny Chan scary turn donk. This was probably a really powerful move in 2001. I'd call now and call any bet on a non-club river. And make a note on whatever he shows down.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

any way of getting away with 11/12 bet on flop here?

Comment

Originally posted by BuChan View Post
              any way of getting away with 11/12 bet on flop here?
              This is a good point. There's no need to cbet for so much here. $11 would have exactly the same effect and would control the size of the pot, giving you more options on later streets.

I also think your 3bet size pre is great. That said, I generally don't 3bet bluff UTG raisers even in 6max, unless I know they play a huge range UTG.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

He chooses that flop bet size because of stacks I presume. He can't get it all in with the aces with 150bbs+ if he only bets half pot on the flop.

You need to alter your betsize at different stack sizes, 16 is fine.

Call anyway, and depending on some rivers I'd be reasonably tempted to jam. I think its as least as likely that he has a set as a flush.

Comment

Call, really lools like a float/rep the club.
                  your hand is pretty well deguised. obv hoping for no club river

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                    He chooses that flop bet size because of stacks I presume. He can't get it all in with the aces with 150bbs+ if he only bets half pot on the flop.

Call anyway, and depending on some rivers I'd be reasonably tempted to jam. I think its as least as likely that he has a set as a flush.
                    kewl thanks, so the average 100nl reg is savvy enough to know it's weak. i suppose if you get cr on this flop with these positions it's doubtful you have an fe with a 3bet anyway.
                    Last edited by BuChan; 29-09-10, 02:17.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post

jamming would be terrible he never has a set with this line on this board and the turn sizing. never.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                        jamming would be terrible he never has a set with this line on this board and the turn sizing. never.
                        meh, maybe your right. Although, I did say tempted and i dont think its quite that definitive although your prob right.

Comment

Originally posted by BuChan View Post
                          kewl thanks, so the average 100nl reg is savvy enough to know it's weak. i suppose if you get cr on this flop with these positions it's doubtful you have an fe with a 3bet anyway.
                          The reason people bet 11 or so at 100bbs is mostly coz ur left with very awkward stack sizes if you don't so you have to bet kinda 1/2 pot or full pot. This makes the bet sizes roughly equal on all streets.

A cool way of doing it is to use the formula (potsize after 3bet is called)(R^3)= Sum of Stacks
                          So say in this hand after the 3bet there is 21.50 in there and to get all stacks in by the river you need roughy 280 in there so its R^3 = 280/21.50 so R=2.35. R is the size of the new pot in relation to the old one.

So...... if u bet full pot you get pot + (pot + pot) = 3x the original
                          1/2 pot gives you 2x the original etc. So we know that 2.35 is somewhere between 1/2 and full. Its roughly 70% so thats 15 (21.5X.7) on the flop and 70% of pot on all further streets.

Like, obv noone does that but its kinda fun to see some reasoning behind why you might choose a bet size, albeit a needlessly complicated way that can prob be estimated pretty easily yourself.

Lol, tldr obv

Comment

Do you guys think he ever can have a flush?

My bet sizing on the flop is with the intention of threatening his whole stack. It allows me to get the money in easily without over betting any street.

Comment

Obviously he can sometimes have the FD on the flop and leads out given the turn is a potential scare card for you. But given you bet c.3/4 on the flop, I would expect him to check it on to allow your aggression to continue far more often.

Comment

Working...
                              X