Thoughts how on I played this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts how on I played this?

This is live and blinds are .50/1. Table is only going an hour or so and nothing major has happened and I haven't got any decent reads on anyone.

I'm in MP with 2-3 limpers in front of me. I have Ad Qc. I raise to €6. Button calls as does the BB, the limpers all fold.

Flop comes Ah 7c 9c. BB checks, I bet €14, button calls, BB folds.

Turn is 3d. I check, button bets €22. I call.

River is Qh. I bet €38.

Up to this point how do you think I have played the hand, cheers.

Relevant stack sizes?
    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Unless you are very deep I'm not a fan of checking the turn.

Again hard to know without stack sizes but I dont hate the river lead if you think he will call with Ax but since all the draws missed you are taking away his option of bluffing so I think a check might be better

i.e. he could still value bet worse and bluff a ton making it more profitable to check

Comment

Oops sorry forgot the stack sizes, I've about €150 and he's sitting with close to €120.

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
          Oops sorry forgot the stack sizes, I've about €150 and he's sitting with close to €120.
          in that case I c/c turn and c/c river

Comment

Id bet turn and shove river. Checking the turn is bad imo. This is live and without reads im assuming he is bad untill proven otherwise.

Think our hand is too strong to turn into a bluff catcher as we will get value out of draws and weaker aces up to the river and two pair hands and weaker aces when we improve on the river.

Comment

I dont mind checking the turn against agressive villians who will float and bluff the turn alot, but you dont have any reads so just bet it yourself and bet the river then as standard. As played a better line on the river is to checkraise shove. You'll get more value from his missed draws and still get value from his weaker 2 pairs. As played on the river I'd call if he raises your river bet.
              "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Working...
              X