horse raceing tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

horse raceing tips

just new here to the board hope its ok to post a horse tip every day win u no horseraceing its a lotto so hopefully i get of to a good start
    todays horse/ titus mills. (goodwood 3.45)

Its always good to put in some analysis and maybe a point bet.

Comment

Have some reasons/analysis as above or its pretty pointless imo.
      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

it won anyway.Id say the reasoning was it was a 5 horse race and the tip was the fav.
        Still nice one made a 100e.

Comment

Hi and welcome,

Well it came in anyway. I only saw the thread now though. I was not happy when I saw the time of the race and reading it a couple of mins later!

Since when is a 5/6 shot a tip? If I gave someone a tip for a 5/6 shot people would laugh tbh. It's fairly obvious that it stands a chance...it's fav after all. Mind you I missed the betting before the race. Was it backed in? Anyone back it?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
            Hi and welcome,

Well it came in anyway. I only saw the thread now though. I was not happy when I saw the time of the race and reading it a couple of mins later!

Since when is a 5/6 shot a tip? If I gave someone a tip for a 5/6 shot people would laugh tbh. It's fairly obvious that it stands a chance...it's fav after all. Mind you I missed the betting before the race. Was it backed in? Anyone back it?
            I think it was more of a selection on behalf of poppydogwins than a tip.

With his second in the 1st league game I'm glad he's using up the rest of his luck now!
            You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
              I think it was more of a selection on behalf of poppydogwins than a tip.

With his second in the 1st league game I'm glad he's using up the rest of his luck now!
              Ah right, misleading thread title. I'd still prefer a 10/1 shot please and thanks!

Razz this evo so we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

Comment

not a tip

ok it was not a tip that was only my headings any more it will be my selections and i will give a summery of the horses (no pleaseing some people lol?)

Comment

Originally posted by poppydogwins View Post
                  just new here to the board hope its ok to post a horse tip every day win u no horseraceing its a lotto so hopefully i get of to a good start
                  todays horse/ titus mills. (goodwood 3.45)
                  Sorry poppy, horseracing is not a lotto. Each horse's odds represent the market view of it's chances to win. The odds of picking a number(s) from the lottery draw are purely mathematical and can be proven as fact.

Therefore it is possible to gain an advantage on the market in horseracing (also other betting) if you have more information than the market or can use the same information more effectively.

For example if you could somehow switch the number 5 ball out of the lotto draw drum and replace it with a identical looking heavier version you would know that the number 5 is more likely to come out the bottom and would be able to use this extra information to beat the market.

Similarly if you were aware of information on a horse that the market wasn’t such as great improvement in training you would know that its odds didn’t fairly reflect its chances of winning and could bet accordingly.
                  You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                    Sorry poppy, horseracing is not a lotto. Each horse's odds represent the market view of it's chances to win. The odds of picking a number(s) from the lottery draw are purely mathematical and can be proven as fact.

Therefore it is possible to gain an advantage on the market in horseracing (also other betting) if you have more information than the market or can use the same information more effectively.

For example if you could somehow switch the number 5 ball out of the lotto draw drum and replace it with a identical looking heavier version you would know that the number 5 is more likely to come out the bottom and would be able to use this extra information to beat the market.

Similarly if you were aware of information on a horse that the market wasn’t such as great improvement in training you would know that its odds didn’t fairly reflect its chances of winning and could bet accordingly.
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

ok it was not a tip that was only my headings any more it will be my selections and i will give a summery of the horses (no pleaseing some people lol?)
                      Ignore people who dissect everything, if you want to post your selections go for it.

Comment

theres another thread for putting up horses you fancy(i put a winner up the other day ),maybe just put them there in future.and then ppl can tell you what they think of them and things

Comment

Your off to a good start anyway. 1 from 1. Keep it up. I'll be tuning in in future...hopefully I'll be out of bed before the race

Comment

(no pleaseing some people lol?)
                            How would a person we dont know posting random horse names please us??

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                            Ignore people who dissect everything, if you want to post your selections go for it.

No!!
                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

pleaseing
                              Post away with your Selections poppy, no harm in it. A bit of analysis wouldn't go astray and might get sone conversation going.

But please, please, stope putteing the letter 'e' in randome places, like the above and the thread title.

Comment

Fire away poppy, i'll be having a gander in anyway.

Take no notice of the detractors, they don't trust what they don't understand.
                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                  How would a person we dont know posting random horse names please us??

No!!
                                  sighaments
                                  did we not all talk about this kind of thing a few weeks back

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                    Post away with your Selections poppy, no harm in it. A bit of analysis wouldn't go astray and might get sone conversation going.

But please, please, stope putteing the letter 'e' in randome places, like the above and the thread title.
                                    ohh and before i go away
                                    maybee you should hold back on that e thing aswell

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                      ohh and before i go away
                                      I'll hold all the E's for anyone that doesn't want them

Comment

sighaments
                                        did we not all talk about this kind of thing a few weeks back
                                        I didnt anyway.
                                        Dont know about the rest of you.

Comment

ohh and before i go away
                                          Lol, why did you only highlight one 'e' out of place in my post.

Name change to Uber-observant Ball IMO

Comment

Lol, why did you only highlight one 'e' out of place in my post.

Name change to Uber-observant Ball IMO
                                            lol
                                            it was the first one to stick out
                                            and i didn't want to make a show of you in front of the boys

Comment

Like the look of Roses for the Lady tomorrow, was engaged in the Irish ST Ledger but runs here instead. I will take the 5/1 ew and hope for rain and another J Oxx GB winner.

Comment

Hey, there already is a horseracing thread here: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...read.php?t=167, so don't exactly want to start a new one, but I guess if you want to start some sort of log of your tips and reasoning and the suchlike.

If you do wanna go ahead with that we'll change the thread title, but if not, we'll just merge into the horseracing thread. That being said, we are lacking in logs of bets here, so might be fun to have one up....
                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

sound good so where can i post my selection or tips now
                                                  thanks

Comment

sound good so where can i post my selection or tips now
                                                    thanks
                                                    Post them here if ya wanna have your own thread, or if you don't then put them in the thread I linked to there. Good to have additional posters anyway!
                                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

doncaster

some selectims for todays raceing
                                                      midnight caller 3.15 doncaster
                                                      she looks a filly of massive potenttial on her two outing so far .proven on ground with cut over the trip and on the track. she represents value .john gosden filly win here it will be ahatrick of wins
                                                      other horses i fancy today
                                                      1.35 meow
                                                      jedi eachway 2.05
                                                      citrus star 3.50
                                                      opera gal 4.55
                                                      the big race at 2.40 electrolyser
                                                      these are just my selection not tips /good luck/

Comment

Leave 'em alone and back on the footie instead. Two horse races. Find a game with odds at close to evens for one of the teams to win stick a fiver on, cross fingers and all being well you are a fiver up. Works for me, most of the time..

Comment

Working...
                                                        X