Lurker`s stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lurker`s stats

All this recent talk about lurkers on the forum has pushed me to the limit, so Im going to try and post more

Lets start with a few hints/comments/suggestions about my stats please...

Have only been playing Full Ring 2 months
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Dimoxinil View Post
    All this recent talk about lurkers on the forum has pushed me to the limit, so Im going to try and post more

Lets start with a few hints/comments/suggestions about my stats please...

Have only been playing Full Ring 2 months
    You're a nit. I only play 6max so that may not be true but those stats look nitty to me.

Comment

Very low squeeze (rasie more in position) and low 3 bet % you should lower you range when three betting.

Comment

Wow that's a low 3bet %. You're pretty much only 3betting with AA and KK right? I would enjoy playing against you. You need to start 3betting in position with at least JJ, QQ and AK, and out of position versus early raisers. To start. What stakes are you playing and where? Your winrate is very good for such a massive nit.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I thought that such a low 3bet % would only be QQ+ but according to Pokerstove, 2.7% is TT+, AKs.
          Still fairly nitty when you look at the VPIP % / PFR % stats as well (14.5/10.7), but you have a good winrate so you must be doing something right!

Comment

How many table you play at once?

Comment

At the end of the day your winrate is the only stat that matters and its a good one so i dont think you should change much depending on what you want from poker.

If you are playing 6 tables at 200nl/400nl with that winrate then id be very happy if i were you. As long as it continues that is.

If you are playing anywhere between 5nl and 20nl at looking to move up levels and improve then i would start opening up your range a bit and 3bet bluffing people who will fold a lot which you cant be doing much of now.

Keep pushing yourself to open more hands from the BTN and CO and 3bet more from the BTN than from the BB and SB if you can, even though it may seem hard at the start. You will end up playing more pots in position which will lead to you making less mistakes when you are improving.

Also stats by position and other stats like cbet%, check/raise and fold to cbet% would give people a better idea of some leaks you might have.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                At the end of the day your winrate is the only stat that matters and its a good one so i dont think you should change much depending on what you want from poker.
                that's a stupid attitude to have. Basically your saying that because we are making a profit we should try to improve.

Obviously we should be trying to improve so that we can either increase profit or play better and move up

Comment

Cheers for the comments,

Only really started playing cash 2 months ago so I knew I was quite a nit. Generally, I multitable 8-10 tables $50NL on Stars,so taking the above advice onboard, I will try to 3bet and squeeze more in position for the next month or so and see what that does for my overall winrate !

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    that's a stupid attitude to have. Basically your saying that because we are making a profit we should try to improve.

Obviously we should be trying to improve so that we can either increase profit or play better and move up
                    Not everyone wants to move up levels as the swings put too much pressure on them for it to be enjoyable / profitable. I suppose the first line of my post was more directed at people in a similar situation reading this rather than OP. Obviously OP wants to improve and move up or he wouldn't have posted his stats.

If op was playing 100nl with them stats and that winrate and he didnt want to move up levels then why whould he change anything if he can sustain it. His play isnt being exploited enough to make him a break even / losing player so why try and fix something that isnt broken. Like who is to say he can have a higher winrate if he switches to a 24/21 style. Most likely he is playing lower stakes but i think my point is valid.

I just think when people give advice on peoples stats (who are particularly tight) they need to get the point across that its a lot harder to play 24/21 that 14/10. You put yourself in a lot more difficult spots and are most likely going to be a losing player if you just jump from being a nit to a loose agressive player. I think both styles have their merits but playing LAG is higher variance and you need to have a better head for the swings and situations that come up.

Comment

Do people see he is playing full ring?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                        Do people see he is playing full ring?
                        Woops. Ok, those stats are tight but not that bad. 3bet should still be higher though, surely?
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Im not one thats great at stats especially full ring. But that has to be nitty. The person who mentioned win rate well lol its 21k hands ive lost 8 buyins in my last 3 k you can be sure that made a massive diff to my win rate over a lot bigger sample.

What level arre you playing?
                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Don't mind about your 3b. I think its fine FR against what is likely pretty nitty players.

The one stat that I would strongly advise you to change is your steal. A steal of 24% is unconscionably low. That is the first change I'd make anyway. Your overall stats seem somewhat reasonable apart from a lack of stealing.
                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                            X