Forward Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forward Motion

At what point when a player has pushed his chips forward is it deemed 'action'?
    1, On a table with a betting line.
    2, On a table without a betting line.

When he releases them from his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by curleywurley View Post
      At what point when a player has pushed his chips forward is it deemed 'action'?
      1, On a table with a betting line.
      When it crosses the chip line (note, a lot of players will throw chips forward or knock them forward. They don't all have to cross the chip line to be considered part of the bet... the forward motion was sufficent)

Originally posted by curleywurley View Post
      2, On a table without a betting line.
      Dealer common sense applies here.

Common rule of thumb is count the chips behind your cards and then forward motion is the bet.

The dealer should warn a player if what they are doing is inappropriate and explain to them the "correct" (good practice) way to do things. Beware of other players attempting to angle shoot in these situations.
      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
        Only at the WSOP

Edit [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXXKQNk2KyI[/ame]
        Last edited by ghostface; 26-08-10, 10:32.

Comment

Jeez Damo, you're a TD and that is terrible. Once the chips are pushed over the betting line, the bet stands whether he has released them or not.

Without a betting line it's more tricky. You see players cutting and counted chips halfway across the table so the dealer needs to keep an eye and make the decision.

Generally i'd have a bit more leeway if players have chips in the air and are motioning back and forward dwelling over a call. But then again, i'd say that if i've seen this happen 100 times, it has turned into a call about 99 of them.

Comment

once the chips pass your cards it should stand. It is the bettors intention and he/she has had time to think about how much to bet etc so if the bettor makes a mistake with bet sizing its his/her own fault.

As Tony said sliding chips forward should be pretty straight forward. Holding your chips in your hand and hoovering them over the middle and taking them back has to be the same thing?but gos unpunished!

I do this myself when i have a really shi* decision but i'm not aware i'm doing it. Its me changing my mind every second "call..no fold.. call..raise?lol..no fold" not a angleshoot but looks like one of the biggest ones going. Is there a rule in about this i wonder?

Comment

My answer above Tony would be known in many places as the "taking of the piss" IE : Piss take.

I may well be a TD , but i never claimed to be a good one.

Comment

I was always under the impression that the betting line was much like in american football for a touchdown. So if you are holding chips over the line in the air this should be deemed a call. I have never seen a ruling on this so prob totally wrong

Comment

In the event that there is no line on the table then the tip of your cards becomes the percieved line and any chips thats passes that point will be deemed as a bet/call .

Got that from me TD head .

Comment

I was involved in a hand with a ruling similar to this.

I raised in early position and dropped the chips onto the centre of the table in front of me. While I was doing this the dealer mucked my cards.

I noticed before the next action and called the TD. I was given my chips back as they had not hit the table by the by the time the touched my cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                      I was involved in a hand with a ruling similar to this.

I raised in early position and dropped the chips onto the centre of the table in front of me. While I was doing this the dealer mucked my cards.

I noticed before the next action and called the TD. I was given my chips back as they had not hit the table by the by the time the touched my cards.
                      I don't get this

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                        I don't get this
                        I raised and dropped the chips onto the table rather than sliding them in.

The dealer mucked my cards during this motion.

I called the TD.

I was given my chips back from the pot as the chips had not hit the table when the dealer was taking my cards.

Comment

Custom built poker tables that do not have a line are utterly retarded IMO.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If a table has a betting line any chips that go over that line is considered a call imo, as for no betting line common sense should come into play here but it would be a little tougher to judge with multiple versions of it at the table.
                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                              Really sick huh! Lol @ the dude in the the basket ball shirt.

Comment

In the event that there is no line on the table then the tip of your cards becomes the percieved line and any chips thats passes that point will be deemed as a bet/call .

Got that from me TD head .
                                That's what I thought.
                                And I think it's the same if the hand/chips are in the air. I mean, surely you can't be extending your arm as if to call/raise and then draw it back, even if it's a foot off the table?

Comment

Working...
                                X