Standard? Floating and 3 barreling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard? Floating and 3 barreling

Thinking I should probably give up after he calls the turn here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($127.85)
    Button ($55.85)
    SB ($129.35)
    BB ($126.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9, A
    Hero bets $1.70, Button calls $1.70, 1 fold, BB calls $1.20

Flop: ($5.75) 6, Q, 9 (3 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $3.50, Button calls $3.50, 1 fold

Turn: ($12.75) J (2 players)
    Hero bets $7.50, Button calls $7.50

River: ($27.75) 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $19, 1 fold

Total pot: $27.75 | Rake: $1.35

Would normally raise the flop here..

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($70.15)
    Button ($46.90)
    SB ($25)
    BB ($6.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6, 5
    Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) 6, 9, 2 (2 players)
    SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7.50) 4 (2 players)
    SB bets $5, Hero calls $5

River: ($17.50) A (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $17.50, 1 fold

Total pot: $17.50 | Rake: $0.85

i'd say most will disagree with me on hand one but i wont be playing a rag ace utg 200bb deep even 4 handed. in hand 2 with the stack sizes you need to adjust your utg range from implied odds hands to top pair hands when stacks are shallow. from the hands you are posting you dont seem to be selecting good games or adjusting your opening ranges to the stack sizes.

Comment

I think both are fine.

In hand 1 I'd check turn sometimes hoping to get to showdwon but I prefer your line of turning your hand into a bluff.

Hand 2 looks good too, again I think turning your hand into a bluff on the river will be more profitable than checking back. No need to bet pot though, prefer a smaller bet as its a spot where you can take this line and bet thinly for value with other hands on the river, i.e 9x 1010+. You dont want to be unbalance in these spots and end up potting with bluffs and betting smaller for value, wont take anyone decent too long to spot this.
      "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

1. I would never fold a suited ace here, these hands are the nuts deep imo. As played I would check back the flop. I'm not crazy about turning our hand into a bluff as that turn card should hit his perceived range very hard. Obviously in this case it worked out but I think I stop firing on the turn, as played.

2. I don't mind this, only problem I have with the river is the sizing, full pot really polarises your range. Like you wouldn't be full potting here with K9, TT or whatever. You're really only repping Aces up here imo and I would expect you to get looked up a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJoker View Post
          i'd say most will disagree with me on hand one but i wont be playing a rag ace utg 200bb deep even 4 handed.
          Just to point out the flaw in how you are looking at this. 4 handed utg is now the cutoff. If it were 3 handed utg would be the button. I assume you wouldn't just open your utg range in that situation! Also hero has a suited ace as opposed to a rag ace. He can open that from any position imo unless the table is very 3b/squeeze happy.

Comment

i'd say most will disagree with me on hand one but i wont be playing a rag ace utg 200bb deep even 4 handed.
            I disagree with you on this.

Seriously though, as mentioned above do you fold these hands in the cutt-off in six max or full ring. UTG is isn't always just UTG.

I would actually love to have players that tight on my table four handed

Comment

I open the a9 with 100bb but not 200bb. Like i said originally its not standard but its a personal preference.

Comment

its A9s, its much more valuable 200bbs deep

Comment

I open the a9 with 100bb but not 200bb. Like i said originally its not standard but its a personal preference.
                  What is your reasoning for tightening a range when deep?

Comment

Obviously i have a greater range when playing deeper but i eliminate a few specific hands when stacks get to 200bb as they dont play well with my style. i was using my phone and couldnt see it was a suited ace in the opening post, i will open any suited ace 200bb deep but will fold a9o and go against the generalised standard to open any off suit ace because it doesnt suit my own personal style of play.

Comment

You'll fold A9o but you'll play A2s.
                      I really can't think of anything your style could be that makes A2s > A9o

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        You'll fold A9o but you'll play A2s.
                        I really can't think of anything your style could be that makes A2s > A9o
                        My default is to open A2s UTG 6 handed with 100bb or more and fold ATo.

CO I'm obv opening both A2s and A9o but I think I'd fold a lot of offsuit aces before I'd get to A2s.
                        Last edited by RedJoker; 06-09-10, 16:51.

Comment

UTG I fold both tbh.
                          But the CO is hugely diff imo. I think they are both clearly playable.
                          I agree with A2s ahead of hands like A2-A7o, although, i make an excepton for A5o

Comment

The first hand is up as a blog now on Boylepokerblog, with comments from Marty Smyth and Andrew Grimason.
                            http://www.boylepokerblog.com/latest...by-bohsman.php

Comment

Working...
                            X