floor please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floor please

playin 1/2 pot limit holdem last night and this play happened and i would like a technical ruling please.

playing a lag heads up to flop. im on the button with A9o flop comes 10 9 2. check to me i bet pot. he calls. turn brings a 3. checks to me again on turn i check back. river brings a 4. no flush draws out from what i can rem. although in this case makes no odds.
    on river he pushs for his remaing 41 euros.

now this is where i would like a correction.

he pushs i look up and say "oh i suppose" and with that he instanlty turns over 2 pair.
    does "oh i suppose" constitute a call
    for all he knew i could be supposeing he had best hand and i was muckin or i suppose you hit a set on river. or whatever.

correction please. i want to be technically corrected please. the best kind of correction.
    http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

I'm not a TD but IMO that's not a call unless you are pushing your chips out. If it's as you described then it's not a call.

Saying "I suppose" while you are diliberating is NOT a call.
    It might be angleshooting depending on your physical actions though, i.e. you have the chips counted out and your hands ready to push them in saying "I suppose" at the same time, which would merit a warning.

Comment

As described, this can never be a call imo.

Comment

This should never be a call. I really hope you were not made to call?
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

If it's exactly as you described then it's not a call.

Comment

as decsribed to a tee.

i was not made call but after he hand the dealer said he was wrong and apolgised to the other player and said if it happens again he will make me call.

i know there are house rules and they apply. but is this a case of making up the rules as we go along?

Comment

Not a call and if the dealer said that to you hes a chump..if you were trying to angleshoot it would be obvious and you would be reported and given a warning.
              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

This is clearly wrong and should never be enforced, until a player actually says "call" or puts the money in the pot is it a call.

The dealer is totally off the mark here, where did this happen if you dont mind saying?

Comment

Not a call IMO...

The other player should also wait until either your chips are in the pot and gets confirmation that it's a call.
                  €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                  Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                  €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                  CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

As everyone else says its not a call, but you were going to call weren't you? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                      does "oh i suppose" constitute a call
                      No.

ETA:

The dealer should never be asking for showdown until the pot is made and change is sorted (cash or tournament).
                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

thanks lads. i wont be saying where this happened but i will take a print of this page to my the hall tonight.

Comment

Fair enough just interested for myself, good luck hope you get a decent response from your club.

If they dont believe any of us monkeys JP is defo one of the most respected TD's around.

Comment

Lads, I'm not so sure I agree with ye all here. Its an awkward one which im going to mull over for a day, but my initial reaction is that its a call.

If the op is being honest, Im sure he will agree that he was calling until he found out his opponnent had 2 pair. If when the op said "oh I suppose" that opponnent then said "I have ace high", what then would the op do or say? Just because the news is bad doesnt mean the rule should be different.

Lets say hero is an angleshooter. Hero has tptk and is facing a small enough river bet from his opponnent who is all-in. So hero thinks for a minute, and says "go on, sure i dont have much choice". Opponnent takes this to mean he has been called and tables his hand. Are ye now saying hero doesnt have to call if he is behind?
                            Is that scenario almost identical to the one outlined in the op?
                            I think its pretty obvious from the op that the hero was intending to call, so if I was making that ruling, I would have made him put the €41 in the pot. The dealer should really be the man to decide if what the player says constitutes a call, and if the floor is called, the floor should ask the dealer is he thought it was a call, and rule accordingly.

Are we not opening the door to angleshooters by saying hero can fold this?

Connie

Comment

Working...
                            X