live hand, straight flush draw on turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

live hand, straight flush draw on turn

Just a 5 buck entry, so still got a lot of the donks and calling stations. However, the Villain is a decent TAG at the game I play every week (definitely in the top 10 players who play out of about 70-80).

The hand in question, Villain was BB, and I was UTG+2 8 handed. Blinds of 100/200 and I have a stack of ~4k which is a bit shy of the average. Villain has exactly 3k. Folded around to me where I pick up Ah Qs. Raise to 700, both CO and Button call, so does the villain in BB.

Flop: Ks 10s 5h. Everyone checks
    Turn: 9s and BB snap shoves all in for 2.3k.

From the reads I was getting, I was picking up a vibe that he likely hit 2 pair on the turn, say either K 9 or 10 9. The 2 people behind me looked like they were going to fold, so it would have been just him against me. Should I call or fold?

Raise less preflop, or else just ship it all. 700 from 4000 puts you in a pretty tricky spot.

As played i probably ship the flop, but once you get to the turn, it's an easy fold

Comment

Raise to 500 pre, as played the turn is a pretty easy fold.

Pot is 2900 and he ships in 2300, so you need to be about 30% to win the hand
      You have 12 outs max, and only 1 is to the nuts,
      the odds aren't there, fold

Comment

Easy fold alright considering the odds.

Have a look at the Basic Poker Maths link found here.
        Don't let the some of terminology put you off. It's easy to get your head around once you get stuck in and take it slowly.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Yep, went into the tank but eventually folded, and the Villian decided to show his K8h. I was quite suprised at that, because I was putting him on 2pair minimum. Maybe I need to learn to read better...

Oh and Mellor, wouldn't both the Js and As give me the nuts?

Comment

It would, but I was pointing out that spades aren't always outs, if the As is counted as an out, then all spades can be.
            Basically, your hand wasnt very strong as far as St8/Flush draws go

Comment

Working...
            X