100NL: Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100NL: Trips

Villain plays 19/12 and is quite weak. I've been leaning on him quite a bit and he hasn't played back at me at all yet in about 120 hands. I've been quite aggro in the time he's been at the table. Haven't opened too much from SB into his BB though.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero ($97.44)
    BB ($123.70)
    UTG ($145.16)
    Button ($100)

Preflop: Hero with A, J
    2 folds, Hero bets $3.50, BB calls $3

Flop: ($8) A, 10, A (2 players)
    Hero bets $5, BB calls $5

Turn: ($18) 7 (2 players)
    Hero bets $12, BB raises $54
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

All-in

Comment

I'm thinking happy days!! If he turns up with A7 here then ul.
      twitter
      moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
        Villain plays 19/12 and is quite weak. I've been leaning on him quite a bit and he hasn't played back at me at all yet in about 120 hands. I've been quite aggro in the time he's been at the table. Haven't opened too much from SB into his BB though.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero ($97.44)
        BB ($123.70)
        UTG ($145.16)
        Button ($100)

Preflop: Hero with A, J
        2 folds, Hero bets $3.50, BB calls $3

Flop: ($8) A, 10, A (2 players)
        Hero bets $5, BB calls $5

Turn: ($18) 7 (2 players)
        Hero bets $12, BB raises $54
        Was so hoping this would be a hand involving trup queens

Anyway..judging by your reads his pre flop range is pretty wide but also he'll play any big hand quite passively. Most of the time I would say he can't really have Ace-10 or an Ace w/ better kicker as you would have been 3bet pre but this isn't strictly true here although it's just a cooler if he does.

I think we have to get it in here but I think a lot of the time we get shown A7,A10,Aq+ or 77 (nice flop call but I think it's a nice flop to float ip vs agg oppo). I think the only hands he's doing this with that we beat are raggy aces and 10x.

Summary: I think we have to get it in vs an oppo who could well be spewing after being put under pressure but a fair percentage of the time we get shown hands that crush us. Even then we have 3 outs
        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

does villain ever raise with worse here? hes pretty much committed himself with the turn raise.

In theory I fold in practice I snap shove and therein lies my problem

Comment

I'm happy to shove here. He shows up with worse Aces a decent amount of the time imo.

If we were deeper i'd just call and call any river but here im just getting it in.

Comment

The sweetness.

Comment

Don't get why everyone is saying this is such an easy call/shove (they're pretty much the same thing cos I can't call and fold river, but maybe I can call/call if we really think he shows up with bluffs some amount.) My reads were that he was really weak and that he hadn't been playing back. Why do people suddenly assume that he wants to bluff loads or go for thin value?

Obv I got it in and was no good vs AQ, but I really think its better to fold there. He's not turning up with worse aces when he raises turn, and he's not bluffing very much at all, or at least not enough to counter his strong hands. Its also a board that he'll call down on but not bluff on.

Am I that wrong in my thinking that this is such an easy call?
                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                  Obv I got it in and was no good vs AQ, but I really think its better to fold there. He's not turning up with worse aces when he raises turn, and he's not bluffing very much at all, or at least not enough to counter his strong hands. Its also a board that he'll call down on but not bluff on.

Am I that wrong in my thinking that this is such an easy call?
                  I think you answered your own question with the "Obv" !!
                  Not many will fold here and those who do I think are leaving money behind.

I think its a very easy call. Your basically saying he will only raise with the nuts(ish).
                  twitter
                  moneybookers

Comment

Reluctantly fold seems good. Hate his sizing, dont really see how that would be good with any hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X