SSNL deep two pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSNL deep two pair

A hand I just played a few mins ago on stars on the deep tables. Have no stats on villain. One hand of note, where he was PFR and bet three streets with A3dd on a Ax Kd 9d Kx Jx board to split with A10.

Pre might be a little light, not usually a hand Id 3bet with, possibly should have raised more too? How do we continue on the flop to the raise, are we calling him down/folding?

PokerStars Game #48192466386: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2010/08/15 13:54:37 ET
    Table 'Volga III' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
    Seat 1: Tarod1 ($122.11 in chips)
    Seat 2: klugkk ($96.59 in chips)
    Seat 3: Hero ($172.70 in chips)
    Seat 4: devon06atX ($146.46 in chips)
    Seat 5: Srefhmaster ($205.21 in chips)
    Seat 6: Arndt83 ($45.26 in chips)
    Hero: posts small blind $0.25
    devon06atX: posts big blind $0.50
    Tarod1: posts the ante $0.10
    klugkk: posts the ante $0.10
    Hero: posts the ante $0.10
    devon06atX: posts the ante $0.10
    Srefhmaster: posts the ante $0.10
    Arndt83: posts the ante $0.10
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Hero [Ad Jh]
    Srefhmaster: raises $1.75 to $2.25
    Arndt83: folds
    Tarod1: folds
    klugkk: calls $2.25
    Hero: raises $7 to $9.25
    devon06atX: folds
    Srefhmaster: calls $7
    klugkk: calls $7
    *** FLOP *** [Jd Ac Qs]
    Hero: bets $14
    Srefhmaster: raises $18 to $32
    klugkk: folds
    Hero: calls $18
    *** TURN *** [Jd Ac Qs] [9h]
    Hero: checks
    Srefhmaster: bets $25
    Hero .......

Preflop is very bad esp this deep. He wont be folding any of his opening range and you are OOP for the rest of the hand.

On the flop, its gay. You beat nothing. I am looking to fold somewhere in the hand tbh without any history.

Comment

Seems like a pretty straightforward flat call here for me. You can raise, but you want him to continue betting with AK. Obv we don't like a lot of river cards, but I think it's much easier and more comfortable to stack off on a dud river.

Also, I probably don't 3bet pre.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ye I agree with roadsweeper preflop is pretty bad.

On the flop I don't mind it much as he is not betting heavy at all so I still continue as i think he does not have the nut straight he be betting alot more incase the board pairs up.. he could have ak and not know where he is himself and you beat qj sooted, you do loose to aq and qq here pretty badly but again his bet sizing is so weak I just have to see a river as he checks ak and qj hoping to showdown!

You could check the flop for pot control either but again its all messy again like roadsweeper says oop with aj pretty bad play stay away from these situations is your best line!!

Can't wait to see what he shows up with lol prob 55 or something mental
        Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
        My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Preflop is rubbish, flop is a fold for me. Turn is a very easy fold.
          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Raise flop is pretty bad. I don't mind calling the raise on the flop, but turn is an insta fold for me

Comment

Just realised I misread the HH earlier. OK, you're in the small blind so the raise pre is really awful. All you're doing is inflating the pot with a marginal hand out of position. I still probably call the turn bet here, but I'm a station, it's a rainbow board and we've got 4 outs to a house.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                Just realised I misread the HH earlier. OK, you're in the small blind so the raise pre is really awful. All you're doing is inflating the pot with a marginal hand out of position. I still probably call the turn bet here, but I'm a station, it's a rainbow board and we've got 4 outs to a house.
                the rainbow board makes it worse for us, the villain isn't drawing here.
                I wouldn't count it as 4 outs either, all 4 aren't good against hands like AQ, QQ, ie the hands we are behind to.

Comment

What ian said for me. Really hate pre so much, and I just fold the flop. Its not like its a board where he'll be bluffing much.
                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                    What ian said for me. Really hate pre so much, and I just fold the flop. Its not like its a board where he'll be bluffing much.
                    Is this a 'line us' duplicate account?

Awful advice.

Float turn and shove any river card. Floating might not even have to be an option if you bink an A/J.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyMchugh View Post
                      LOL!

I think you need to read more and post less, mate. At least until you've got some idea of who's who in this place.

Comment

Way to much folding going on in this thread. Ax QJ & air are all possible hands the villain has here. The villains raise is pretty weak.
                        As already stated your preflop raise is not your best moment .
                        twitter
                        moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyMchugh View Post

Awful advice.

Float turn and shove any river card. Floating might not even have to be an option if you bink an A/J.
                          I think you should play him HU4RLZ as soon as you turn pro or even before, I hear line us is new to HU, you would probably crush him

Comment

Working...
                          X