Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live 1-2

Effective stacks 150bb.

I have AA OTB, UTG makes it 7, 3 callers. I make it 35.

MP is very bad, typical live player, calling it off with middle pair for 3 streets. I havent witnessed her bluff yet though and my read is whenever she bets she usually has a decent hand.

MP and the HJ call the 3bet . HJ is a weak nit. Taxi driver.

Pot ~115 or so.

Flop is JJ9r.

MP leads for 50, HJ calls, action on me?

__________________________________________________ _____________________
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

First off the she in question is really a man in case u didnt know.
    Its seems like her/his standard play,first off to call 35 preflop with anything.Ill actually give her a bit of credit and say she probably had a hand but.Her bet of 50 would of been standard with a 9,unfortunately the taxi driver called and was he well stacked? He was when the 3 of youse moved to the table i was on so therefore i would fold or else the whole lot would of ended up going in..Of course u have to credit one of them has a J or 9 9 and fold.
    Last edited by peteypop; 15-08-10, 15:28.

Comment

Which chap were you?

Id appreciate if youd take out the results before I get a bit more feedback too please.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by peteypop View Post
        Its seems like her/his standard play,first off to call 35 preflop with anything.Ill actually give her a bit of credit and say she probably had a hand but.Her bet of 50 would of been standard with a 9,unfortunately the taxi driver called and was he well stacked? He was when the 3 of youse moved to the table i was on so therefore i would fold or else the whole lot would of ended up going in..Of course u have to credit one of them has a J and fold.
        edited as such.

Comment

Its seems like her/his standard play,first off to call 35 preflop with anything.Ill actually give her a bit of credit and say she probably had a hand but.Her bet of 50 would of been standard with a 9,unfortunately the taxi driver called and was he well stacked? He was when the 3 of youse moved to the table i was on so therefore i would fold or else the whole lot would of ended up going in..Of course u have to credit one of them has a J or 9 9 and fold.
          Results based imo

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            Results based imo
            maybe u should give your opinion on the hand and then captain planet may come on and say what happened.

Comment

That is really horrible, but I think I just peel once and fold to any more action. I definitely don't think folding is bad though.
              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

First of all, why are you always so defensive? Genuine question.

Secondly, i never said the fold was wrong, or that I'd do any different. i was just pointing out that your "read" differs slightly from the OPs.
                As you asked, i think its a fold. Based on his read that MP usually has a hand when she bets into a PFR. I would imagine she calls down A9 here. The falt call makes AA a fold imo.
                It doesn't really matter what happened in the, the correct decision is the same regardless if they both table AJ or A9.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  First of all, why are you always so defensive? Genuine question.

Secondly, i never said the fold was wrong, or that I'd do any different. i was just pointing out that your "read" differs slightly from the OPs.
                  As you asked, i think its a fold. Based on his read that MP usually has a hand when she bets into a PFR. I would imagine she calls down A9 here. The falt call makes AA a fold imo.
                  It doesn't really matter what happened in the, the correct decision is the same regardless if they both table AJ or A9.
                  wtf are u on about mellor,i asked u to post a response to the hand not a 3 word response.

hows that defensive?????????

oh right i realise now because i asked u and another poster to explain a one line response im defensive.
                  any advice u have given on hands i have taken on board,but because i cant stand 1 line or 3 word responses thats a problem ,get a grip.
                  Last edited by peteypop; 17-08-10, 03:36.

Comment

Easy fold.
                    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                      Effective stacks 150bb.

I have AA OTB, UTG makes it 7, 3 callers. I make it 35.

MP is very bad, typical live player, calling it off with middle pair for 3 streets. I havent witnessed her bluff yet though and my read is whenever she bets she usually has a decent hand.

MP and the HJ call the 3bet . HJ is a weak nit. Taxi driver.

Pot ~115 or so.

Flop is JJ9r.

MP leads for 50, HJ calls, action on me?

__________________________________________________ _____________________
                      Best play: Seek professional help. So much for taking a break from booze....

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                        That is really horrible, but I think I just peel once and fold to any more action. I definitely don't think folding is bad though.
                        Yeah agreeing with this. If you call you're hoping for an Ace or for them to both check and you get to see the river. Your call will look pretty strong to them so they should play pretty honestly on the turn.

I don't think I can fold on the flop as we see 9x/QT/TT a decent amount imo. But maybe it's the best play here, not sure. Ugly spot.

Comment

wtf are u on about mellor,i asked u to post a response to the hand not a 3 word response.

hows that defensive?????????

oh right i realise now because i asked u and another poster to explain a one line response im defensive.
                          any advice u have given on hands i have taken on board,but because i cant stand 1 line or 3 word responses thats a problem ,get a grip.
                          Yup, not defensive at all.

Anyway, back to the hand.Average live players bet a 9 here so much I probably want to call as they love the c-raise with flopped trips. That said, the flat by the taxi driver would be what scares me most so, although I hate folding to these 2 types so much, I just sigh and let it go.

I think Moneymaker's range is bang on but the flat call by the taxi driver just makes me think I can't be good here. I fold.
                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Yeah I folded.

I was pretty sure it was the right decision, but just wanted clarification.

UTG had what could only be Q10 as the turn was a 9 and they got it all in and she lost to the taxi nits QQ.

Comment

Yep thats why i dont fold overpairs vs live players, never ever ever.
                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Results are up now so this will look results based but anyway

I play live hardly ever but in my limited experience,
                                "typical bad live player" never leads Jx

"Weak nit" never has QT, and AJ (not always) and JJ are only Js in his range, when he calls 99, TT and QQ are all possibilites imo

Comment

I dont think the lead is what was scary, the call showed far more strength.

Anyway, Im pretty sure its the correct decision.

Comment

Working...
                                  X