Live hand v Greg 'FBT' Mueller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live hand v Greg 'FBT' Mueller

So hand took place in cash game in gros vic in London 1/3 live straddle. 'FBT' was playing as it was biggest game running at the time bout 6am, game was playing alot larger than 1/3 probably over 10k sterling on the table 9 handed.
    So 'FBT' was raising everyhand saying he's trying too create action!

Two limpers in mid-pos 'FBT' raises button too 25 I'm big blind with AQ Spades and make it 80 two limpers fold 'FBT' calls

Flop: 7hKs10s

I bet 120 'FBT' just calls Turn card is absolute bingo

Turn: Js

I check 'FBT' checks river is

R: 9s

I check again and 'FBT' bets 120 and I overraise too 600 and he folds.

For me considering how aggro the table was I got the min from this hand!

Betsizing too induce more river bets or calls?

Check the turn yes/no?

Check raise the flop with view too getting it in!?

Your almost always about a 40% dog to any hand that stacks off on the flop this deep. when you bet a draw on the flop and it hits on the turn BET!

Comment

What were the stacksizes?

Assuming you shoved the river for £600 you were £800 deep and he covered?

I'd lead for £200ish on the turn. It was obv a huge action game so this might induce a bluff-raise. If you weren't viewed as overly TAG you may also get flatted by a wide enough range.

I think if you're flatted on the turn you have to shove most rivers or you're just missing value since he almost certainly has SD value if he takes this line but won't be value-betting.

Check is probably best on the spade river, though.

Comment

I bet around 180 on the turn, I don't mind a check if you think he'll try and rep a flush a lot of the time though. I would generally bet it though so he can call with his Kx hands, shove his flushes/bluffs etc etc.

I like your river check. He most likely had air on the river so I doubt even a min-raise is getting called tbh.

Comment

How do you not bet turn?????

River c/r is fine considering turn imo.
          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Hand needs stacksizes.
            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Bet turn always.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

River is fine, turn is not.
                Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Was I the only one to have a minor lol at all the 'FBT's.

Bet turn btw but since you didn't a river cr is mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
                    What were the stacksizes?

Assuming you shoved the river for £600 you were £800 deep and he covered?

I'd lead for £200ish on the turn. It was obv a huge action game so this might induce a bluff-raise. If you weren't viewed as overly TAG you may also get flatted by a wide enough range.

I think if you're flatted on the turn you have to shove most rivers or you're just missing value since he almost certainly has SD value if he takes this line but won't be value-betting.

Check is probably best on the spade river, though.
                    didn't shove the river but effiectively did as i had 1100 too start the hand.

was coverd quite considerably as he had asked the table too play 2/5 for one round as the max buy on limit for 1/3 was 600 and 2000 for 2/5 so we obliged and played one round of 2/5 let him buy for 2000 and then went back too 1/3!

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                      Hand needs stacksizes.
                      FBT: 2000

Me: 1100

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                        How do you not bet turn?????

River c/r is fine considering turn imo.
                        prob the excitement of hitting a royal flush deep on an aggro table. :-)

Prob had it written all over my face hence why i didn't get paid.

Comment

Thank you for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRaise View Post
                            prob the excitement of hitting a royal flush deep on an aggro table. :-)

Prob had it written all over my face hence why i didn't get paid.
                            Yeah I'd say this is why you didn't get paid, and that this whole thread is a brag!
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                              Yeah I'd say this is why you didn't get paid, and that this whole thread is a brag!
                              well thank you for the bump then!

Comment

I've played the £1-£3 Vic game before. Arrived at the table with a £1000 chip only to discover I was the shortest stack there! Bet on all streets next time, it's London after all..

Comment

Bet the turn of course, but I don't really like a river check raise once you check the turn, I think you are more likely to bluffed if you bet than if you check (plus it will be much bigger), your hand looks like something scared of the flush if you lead the river (likes aces or a set) and he may move all in. Its hard for him not to have some showdown value, so he isn't always going to bet if you check.

Comment

Working...
                                  X