Live Hand 1/2/5 live straddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Hand 1/2/5 live straddle

Really juicy 1/2/5 game. A lot of terrible plo players as it is actually a round of each.

To my left in seats 2 and 4 are very good competent experienced deep stack live players.
    It's 8 handed. The other 5 players all fall into the category of NL cash game players, very loose pre call down light a lot etc etc.

I am the co wit JsJc9h10s playing circa 750.

Seat 5 has straddled 5 as per usual and is playing 500.
    Seat 6 (200) folds. Seats 7(200) and 8(350) both limp for 5.
    I raise to 25( like yes/no?).
    Seats 2 and 3 both fold. Seat 4(650ish) dwells and flats.
    Seats 5,7 and 8 all call 20 more.

Flop is JdAs7h (pot 125ish)
    BB in seat 4 checks, seat 5 bets 30 seat 7 folds and seat 8 calls.
    I raise to 175.(Like yes/no?)
    BB dwells and flats 175.
    Seats 7 and 8 both fold.

At this point the BB has 200 invested into a pot of 435 with a further 450 behind afair.
    My questions at this point in the hand are,
    Is flop raise enough or should I just pot it which is like 245 afaik.?
    Is villain likely to be trapping, considering he is a decent a player?
    Are we shoving every turn card regardless, as we also have 200 invested.
    Obv at this point only AAxx is beating us but is the villain likely to flat with a wrappy straight draw in such a built up pot?

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
    Really juicy 1/2/5 game. A lot of terrible plo players as it is actually a round of each.

To my left in seats 2 and 4 are very good competent experienced deep stack live players.
    It's 8 handed. The other 5 players all fall into the category of NL cash game players, very loose pre call down light a lot etc etc.

I am the co wit JsJc9h10s playing circa 750.

Seat 5 has straddled 5 as per usual and is playing 500.
    Seat 6 (200) folds. Seats 7(200) and 8(350) both limp for 5.
    I raise to 25( like yes/no?).
    Seats 2 and 3 both fold. Seat 4(650ish) dwells and flats.
    Seats 5,7 and 8 all call 20 more.

Flop is JdAs7h (pot 125ish)
    BB in seat 4 checks, seat 5 bets 30 seat 7 folds and seat 8 calls.
    I raise to 175.(Like yes/no?)
    BB dwells and flats 175.
    Seats 7 and 8 both fold.

At this point the BB has 200 invested into a pot of 435 with a further 450 behind afair.
    My questions at this point in the hand are,
    Is flop raise enough or should I just pot it which is like 245 afaik.?
    Is villain likely to be trapping, considering he is a decent a player?
    Are we shoving every turn card regardless, as we also have 200 invested.
    Obv at this point only AAxx is beating us but is the villain likely to flat with a wrappy straight draw in such a built up pot?

Flop raise is ok, as it turns out a pot raise either leads to an all-in or fold from the villan considering his stack size! which is what you want

AA is the only trapping hand that he could have.... dont think he flats with the wrap because if a straight card comes he knows you probably won't pay him off!

He's most likely going to jam or check-fold the turn, folding for you is not an option now!

Comment

BB is seat 4 and is per your description at least a decent player. I'd probably make the flop raise about ~210 but it's fine. You can't fold turn, he could have called with KQTX with one or two backdoor fds for a relatively safe turn to shove on. You have a gutshot and a backdoor fd, you're not completely dead if he has AAXX at least

Comment

A competent player could flat you pre with a weak aaxx as he would only get in 20% effective against two deep stacks. aaxx looks likely after he flats your flop reraise (bet full pot here when playing nlhe players) as players to act after him are calling for stacks or folding. your range with that flop bet is heavily weighted towards lower sets so he can slowplay aaxx. check behind on turn and evaluate on river but villain shows up with aaxx a fair bit if he is actually competent.

Comment

Id guess he has aaxx a really really small % of the time.When he flats the 175 Id pretty much rule it out completely.

Comment

Working...
          X