20nl v v v deep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20nl v v v deep

ok the 2 of these hands were played against the same villain. hes pretty bad but not terrible and running at 21/17 over 75 hands. He would view me as very aggressive having a 3-bet stat of around 27% but thats just because iv been a card rack and havnt had to show down any hands

Hand 1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($16.90)
    MP ($28.72)
    Button ($45.12)
    SB ($12.79)
    Hero (BB) ($46.39)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
    2 folds, Button bets $0.70, SB calls $0.60, Hero raises $2.40, Button raises $6.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $4.40

Flop: ($14.70) 5, A, 6 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($14.70) 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets $14.70, Button raises $38.12 (All-In)

I suppose I have to call it off now?

Hand 2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($20.60)
    MP ($27.78)
    Button ($54.59)
    SB ($20.40)
    Hero (BB) ($87.51)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q
    2 folds, Button bets $0.70, 1 fold, Hero raises $1.60, Button calls $1.10

Flop: ($3.70) 9, 3, Q (2 players)
    Hero bets $2.40, Button raises $52.79 (All-In)

WTF??

1 - Your 3bet size is too small, id be making it $3.20 there.

Why did you bet full pot on the turn??
    You want to give him a chance to call worse or bluff. Hate potting it there.
    Im not folding tptk in a 4bet pot, even this deep.

2 - Your 3bet size is too small again, id be making it $2.40 at least.

That is a gay spot, seems like a very strange thing for a 21/17 to do.
    I fold, you need to be good there a ton if the time.
    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I wouldn't 3b in hand 2 there

Comment

First one I 3b bigger for starters. Full pot on the turn is a bit meh, gotta call now but its not a money-printer. River would be an interesting decision if he flatted turn.

2. 3B here is asking for trouble imo. OOP 250bb deep in a 3b pot is just a shit spot to be in. Flat and go from there. Prob fold now.

Comment

1. Think I like 5bet get it in pre with your image, even this deep. He can easily be playing back at you with frustration and could stack off lighter than norm. As played I think you have to call turn. I can't give him any sets other than AA with his 4b. He can have A6, A5, bluff 4betting pre but think they would be betting flop, and A2 but that's about it.

Comment

1 - Ugh @ potting the turn. I'd bet about $9. Call I suppose, not thrilled about it though. I'd guess your chopping a lot.

2 - I just flat and take a flop pre. As played I probably let it go. You're flipping or dead imo.

Comment

2. Hand plays much easier not 3betting pre this deep. Think you have to fold now. You are flipping at best. He is not bluffing.

Comment

Am I the only one who would lead out the flop in Hand 1?
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hand 1, 3bet bigger, dont pot turn, call now

Hand 2 3bet bigger, fold to massive overbet

I see a lot of you dont like 3bet in hand 2. I understand we will be OOP deep, but is AQ not strong enough to 3bet here given heros image, and the fact hero thinks villain is bad

Comment

Ok well I butchered bet sizing all over the place (one of my biggest weakness)

Hand 1 I called it off and he had A2 - I spike the 6 and scoop

does that affect your decision for hand 2?

Comment

As the guys said 3 bet bigger.

Hand 1 just check and bet river he will most likely pay you off with pairs on the river assuming you are just taking a stab at the pot.

Hand 2 i probably 3 bet this hand aswell. Im never calling his raise ever.
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Hand 1: I'd probably make it closer to 3 or so.

I'd probably check this turn again, because your range for flatting a 4bet oop super deep is going to be very tight, and I think your hand is more of a bluffcatcher than anything else. If he checks back, bet around 9 or so on the river and hope villain hero calls kk or qq.

As played though having invested this much I call.

Hand 2: Even with 100bb stacks I don't always 3bet here, it would depend on the villains fold to 3bet stat, if its low I 3bet value, but if its high I just flat. However this deep I never 3bet, and I never 3bet so small either.

Flop is a reluctant mouse-break fold. While I think you're up against a draw a lot of the time, some of these draws will be flips at best against our hand and we just don't have anywhere near the price to call. I'd be pretty annoyed about it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          Ok well I butchered bet sizing all over the place (one of my biggest weakness)

Hand 1 I called it off and he had A2 - I spike the 6 and scoop

does that affect your decision for hand 2?

Nope. He ships two pair in a 3 bet pot? About as standard as it gets. I'd want to know how he plays draws or sets. Even still you need around 47% equity to call. I doubt he's ever shoving KQo here and when you take that out you've 45% equity.

equity win tie pots won pots tied
                          Hand 0: 51.235% 43.38% 07.86% 16319 2955.50 { AdQd }
                          Hand 1: 48.765% 40.91% 07.86% 15390 2955.50 { 99, 33, AhKh, AQs, AdJd, AhJh, AhTh, Ah8h, Ah7h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Ah3h, Ah2h, KQs, KhTh, Q9s, JhTh, 8h7h, 7h6h, 6h5h, 5h4h, AQo, KQo }

Comment

Working...
                          X