A few 100NL HU hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few 100NL HU hands

Line check on a couple of hands, mainly bet sizing on both. Both are against regs, the 1st reg more solid than the 2nd, was thinking about quitting and then this hand came up. 3bet to 40 makes it a better flop push/more likely to just get it in pre?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($112)
    BB ($118.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
    Hero bets $3, BB raises to $10, Hero raises to $35, BB calls $25

Flop: ($70) 4, 10, J (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $77 (All-In), BB calls $77

Thinking I should bet a bit more on the flop and turn in this one. Leaving him with 45 on the river gives me a decision and a non A river makes it slightly less likely that he gets it in?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($333.70)
    BB ($101)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K
    Hero bets $3, BB raises to $10, Hero calls $7

Flop: ($20) Q, A, Q (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $13, BB calls $13

Turn: ($46) 2 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $33, BB calls $33

River: ($112) A (2 players)
    BB bets $45 (All-In), Hero calls $45

Total pot: $202 | Rake: $0.50

Results:
    Hero had Q, K (full house, Queens over Aces).
    BB had A, 5 (full house, Aces over Queens).
    Outcome: BB won $201.50

In the first hand I make it about $25 for my 4bet. There's no need to put so much money into the middle here, and remember you want him to continue with worse.

In the 2nd I would probably fold to the 3bet pre, but if he's 3betting a lot then I might take this opportunity to 4bet bluff. Flatting oop with a mediocre hand is a bad idea.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Im otb in the 2nd, never folding pre.

Comment

It can be pretty difficult to comment on HU hands because table dynamics and opponent info have so much effect on how you play a hand, so what's good in 1 situation might be wrong in a different one.

Hand 1: I might just call the 3bet in position. Once you 4bet, you really have to shove most flops, esp if it's checked you you. You have 4 outs to the nuts and maybe overs (1 over) that are good

Hand 2: Maybe bet $16 on the flop, but i think i fold the river. He shouldn't ever be bluffing and i think he has Ax here far more than not so i don't think you're getting the right price to call

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Hand 2: Maybe bet $16 on the flop, but i think i fold the river. He shouldn't ever be bluffing and i think he has Ax here far more than not so i don't think you're getting the right price to call
          Yea, as I say I left myself with a decision. 16 on the flop and 40 on the turn and the river is a no brainer. I pressed check/call any and walked away from the computer to get sick.

Comment

I dont play hu and its difficult to comment on hu hands but anyway,

Hand1: 4bet looks very big to me 25 is plenty imo, if he flats 4bets a lot that might change. I have no idea really what a reg flats a 4bet with here, but a TT+, AK range has us crushed, unless you think he can fold QQ if you shove

Hand2: sizing looks fine, I prob crying call river but it may be a fold

Comment

4b to 25 and check back the flop. As played I check back the flop.

2nd hand bet 24 on turn, you could probably fold the river. Terrible spot to bluff for him.

Comment

Hand 1; I have nothing new to add

Hand 2; Does anybody like betting more on the flop say 17 and overbet jamming the turn?

Comment

In hand 2: My plan on the flop will be half bet, half bet and shove. The board is dry like.

The river is an awful card for us and a clear fold when he donk shoves imo. The horrible thing is we are getting a great price, where if we had different bet sizing we wouldn't have committed as much. Hindsight obv, but you dont need to make your cbets that big in 3bet pots. It makes bluffing so much cheaper and allows more ammo for 3 street bluffs.

I have tried cbetting under half pot a bit too. So cbetting 8-9bbs into 20bbs. It is working v well and making bluffing so cheap on dry boards.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                    In hand 2: My plan on the flop will be half bet, half bet and shove. The board is dry like.

The river is an awful card for us and a clear fold when he donk shoves imo. The horrible thing is we are getting a great price, where if we had different bet sizing we wouldn't have committed as much. Hindsight obv, but you dont need to make your cbets that big in 3bet pots. It makes bluffing so much cheaper and allows more ammo for 3 street bluffs.

I have tried cbetting under half pot a bit too. So cbetting 8-9bbs into 20bbs. It is working v well and making bluffing so cheap on dry boards.
                    I agree with a lot of that but in this case we want to commit money to the pot with him drawing so slim. We'd played this hand previously which is probably the main reason I called the river.

Hero (BB) ($113.70)
                    SB ($115.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
                    SB bets $3, Hero raises to $10, SB calls $7

Flop: ($20) 6, J, 7 (2 players)
                    Hero bets $13, SB calls $13

Turn: ($46) 7 (2 players)
                    Hero checks, SB bets $21, Hero raises to $51, SB raises to $92.45 (All-In), Hero calls $39.70 (All-In)

River: ($227.40) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $227.40 | Rake: $0.50

Results:
                    SB had 10, 10 (two pair, tens and sevens).
                    Hero had J, J (full house, Jacks over sevens).
                    Outcome: Hero won $226.90

Comment

As far as hand 1 goes I think I was a bit intimidated and should have left earlier/refused to play but trying to find my level and working on my game so only rejecting ssers action for the moment. Not sure why I made it 35, normally would be 25-30, guess I was just hoping to flip. Thankfully he only had a set of Jacks and I obv spiked the Q.

Comment

Hand 1 I 4bet to 20.50-22 pre. 4betting to 25 is even too big.

Hand 2 The river is a definite fold. No way he can be bluffing. I would bet a lot less on the turn as there is not need to bet so much given the PSR. I would bet about 21 on the turn and shove most rivers apart from the A obv which is really gay.

The JJ hand there I really don't like the turn check-raise. You would need a really good reason to do that. I would just bet again mostly. But if I did check I would c/c with a plan to c/shove all rivers.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                          Hand 1 I 4bet to 20.50-22 pre. 4betting to 25 is even too big.

Hand 2 The river is a definite fold. No way he can be bluffing. I would bet a lot less on the turn as there is not need to bet so much given the PSR. I would bet about 21 on the turn and shove most rivers apart from the A obv which is really gay.

The JJ hand there I really don't like the turn check-raise. You would need a really good reason to do that. I would just bet again mostly. But if I did check I would c/c with a plan to c/shove all rivers.
                          Yeah this on top of what digiman said. I would dislike taking other lines. I'd definitely check back hand 1 anyway.
                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Hand 1
                            If we have some dynamic with villain we have been 4b a bit etc.
                            Could we 4b bigger and maybe put him in a fold shove spot where he might start 5b shoving worse like AQ,AJs and mid pp where will be priced into call anyway.
                            I guess that might rely too heavily on 3/4 bet dynamics maybe.
                            Any thoughts

Comment

The JJ hand always fire the turn, dont want a check back here ever, i think you were lucky to get him in on the cr. Table dynamics obv an issue here though.

Comment

Working...
                              X