Galway Races (with added Goodwood)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galway Races (with added Goodwood)

Galway day 2 today Universal Truth is very short in the 1st and definatley worth a lay imo.

Killenaule Boy has a good chance ew in 5.45 2nd to schlem last timo out in Killarney and should like the track.

Goodwood starts today Australia Day looks a solid bet in the first.If he runs to form he should go very close. Well beaten in this last year never got into the race from a terrible draw(1) and off 9-1. This year he's 8-13 and drawn 15 great chance given recent form.

Zebedee is turned out again in the 4.00. won 3 of 4 starts only 5th in the Norfolk at Ascot(a hot race by the looks of it). Any price over 2/1 is a very good price.

Universal truth lay@ 2.7
    Killenaule boy ew @16

Australia day ew @7
    Zebedee @3.35

Love Galway hoping to squeeze in a trip for Lady's day thursday.

I chickened out of Universal Truth and backed him at 2.96

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
      I chickened out of Universal Truth and backed him at 2.96
      boo!

Heading tonight, maybe thursday, then probably friday and saturday.

Comment

Think Age of Aquarius is going to be my banker of both festivals in the Goodwood cup on Thursday. Don't think he'll be available on the good side of evens he is now come the off!

His form looks all the stronger after Harbinger destroyed at the weekend giving he only lost by 2 lengths in Chester. Couple that with only being necked out of the Gold Cup at Ascot! The step down in quality should mean he's far too classy for the field and Murragh's return from his ban is timely and he should be desparate to get a winner after missing out on some great rides this week.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
          Think Age of Aquarius is going to be my banker of both festivals in the Goodwood cup on Thursday. Don't think he'll be available on the good side of evens he is now come the off!

His form looks all the stronger after Harbinger destroyed at the weekend giving he only lost by 2 lengths in Chester. Couple that with only being necked out of the Gold Cup at Ascot! The step down in quality should mean he's far too classy for the field and Murragh's return from his ban is timely and he should be desparate to get a winner after missing out on some great rides this week.

Yes he looks an outstanding bet I think.

Theres a couple declared for friday in Galway that I've been watching closely. Local trainers advise etc etc.
          I'll post up later in the week, should they get in.

Comment

Sussex today RipVanWinkle v CanfordCliffs I havent backed either but wanna see a good race.

Canford generally a 4/6 shot and RVW 5/2.
            Last edited by Aya14; 28-07-10, 06:26. Reason: odds

Comment

Sussex today RipVanWinkle v CanfordCliffs I havent backed either but wanna see a good race.
              I've been Canford Cliffs biggest fan all year, I've backed him in every one of his races. But I think there's no value in his current price.

Granted he didn't settle in the Newmarket Guineas but RH has said he didn't particularly like the hill there. Now Goodwood is a fairly undulating track.

Couple that with facing Rip Van Winkle, who obviously didn't give his true running at Ascot, probably needed the race and I he can come back to his form of this race last year, will take all the beating IMO.

At the prices I'm a RVW backer as much as I hate to desert the 'motorbike' I can't be having any of that 4/6, 8/11 nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                I've been Canford Cliffs biggest fan all year, I've backed him in every one of his races. But I think there's no value in his current price.

Granted he didn't settle in the Newmarket Guineas but RH has said he didn't particularly like the hill there. Now Goodwood is a fairly undulating track.

Couple that with facing Rip Van Winkle, who obviously didn't give his true running at Ascot, probably needed the race and I he can come back to his form of this race last year, will take all the beating IMO.

At the prices I'm a RVW backer as much as I hate to desert the 'motorbike' I can't be having any of that 4/6, 8/11 nonsense
                Hills opened up with RVW at 3's. Good price.
                EDIT: he is also 3's with bet365 but they wont let you put on more than about 3 euro ffs.

Comment

This is a pretty awful crop of 3yos too imo.

I don't think Premio Loco is without a chance either.
                  Last edited by The C Kid; 28-07-10, 10:17.

Comment

Bullshit!!!

* for those who missed it, Ted was asked what he thought of the finish by CanfordCliffs he went off on one

fair play to the rte racing none of the usual auld 1000 apology lark
                    Last edited by Guest; 28-07-10, 15:40.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                      This is a pretty awful crop of 3yos too imo.

I don't think Premio Loco is without a chance either.
                      The 3 year old have a superstar miler at the very least

Comment

Take a bow AP, that was an absolutely majestic.

Ruby is an cracking tipster. Got on Themoonandsixpence EW purely based on his commentary.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Ruby is an cracking tipster. Got on Themoonandsixpence EW purely based on his commentary.
                          So did I

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                            So did I
                            I wouldn't wish injury on anyone but his knowledge is priceless giving he often has ridden a huge chunk of the fields in any big race over the course of the year, and he really is very honest about there chances and rarely wrong!
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Ted and Ruby are obviously superb and excellent commentators, it's just a pity they are so thoroughly dislikable.

RTE racing must be the most nepotistic broadcast in the world since The Waltons.

Comment

Ted and Ruby are obviously superb and excellent commentators, it's just a pity they are so thoroughly dislikable.

RTE racing must be the most nepotistic broadcast in the world since The Waltons.
                                You're a strange fish
                                Loving Tiger and Cruise
                                hating the Walsh's

Don't see the nepotism in having Ted and then getting Ruby when he is off injured tbh
                                lucky to get him imo!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                  You're a strange fish
                                  Loving Tiger and Cruise
                                  hating the Walsh's

Don't see the nepotism in having Ted and then getting Ruby when he is off injured tbh
                                  lucky to get him imo!
                                  It's not just Ted and Ruby, had Jennifer and Katie this week too. And the Walshes aren't even the worst example of nepotism on the show. Ruby is good addition to be fair, he is extremely unlikeable though. And both himself and Ted are LOL when having to discuss someone they have a relationship with, both bad and good. But suppose thats the industry that's in it. All depends on the person, but I'd prefer good independent coverage from unbiased parties, a la RUK. But hey it's a millions times better than BBC, so can't complain!

Comment

It's not just Ted and Ruby, had Jennifer and Katie this week too. And the Walshes aren't even the worst example of nepotism on the show. Ruby is good addition to be fair, he is extremely unlikeable though. And both himself and Ted are LOL when having to discuss someone they have a relationship with, both bad and good. But suppose thats the industry that's in it. All depends on the person, but I'd prefer good independent coverage from unbiased parties, a la RUK. But hey it's a millions times better than BBC, so can't complain!
                                    Nick Luck is the number 1 in this area imo

Comment

Layed off RVW at 1.6. Canford Cliffs is a champion.

Ruby won't last long on tv if he keeps the 'ol honesty thing up.
                                      Got to learn to be like J.Francombe and Tommo and those boys, pretend you know your shit but really just glance at the form and stick a pin in it.

Comment

Canford Cliffs is unreal. One of his biggest fans and I'm thrilled to have seen him win again. Lots more to come, SUPERSTAR!

Comment

Powers going 5 places 1/4 odds in the Hurdle later. Can't see Overturn not getting a place at least, very consistant sort and rarely out of the money and is proven to be able to negotiate these large fields. Nice EW bet at 6/1's!
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Ruby won't last long on tv if he keeps the 'ol honesty thing up.
                                            Got to learn to be like J.Francombe and Tommo and those boys, pretend you know your shit but really just glance at the form and stick a pin in it.
                                            just watched the 2:45 at goodwood
                                            they're such bullshitters, talked up EVERY fucking horse inside 16/1 like it was an odds on fav

that way after the race they can say "we told you that horse was this and this"

chancers the lot and if you had a horse you fancied the best thing would be to hit mute before the race starts

Comment

This had me reaching for a very large sick bucket, hopefully the injury isn't career threatning

Powers going 5 places 1/4 odds in the Hurdle later. Can't see Overturn not getting a place at least, very consistant sort and rarely out of the money and is proven to be able to negotiate these large fields. Nice EW bet at 6/1's!
                                              Got me out of a hole, although there might not be much profit left after a night out drinking in Galway tonight!
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Age of Aquarius pulled up so sharply looked like a bad one.

I was there today and piled into force of habit to try recover from laying Overturn and a big bet on Age of Aquarius,bad choice.

Comment

Elusive Ridge has a decent EW chance in the last at Galway tonight. Ladbrokes have her best at 20/1. She won a maiden at Clonmel a while back very impressively which showed she has potential to step up here. Myrine has been declared a NR and the race is wide open now IMO! Also laying the fav.
                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 30-07-10, 18:52.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I like Strawberrydaquiri in 3.05 at Goodwood only 4th in the Falmouth wasn't a great run but the I think 10f is her ideal trip.
                                                    Currently 7.8 win and 3.4 place(2 places) on the machine.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X