Is it a string raise???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a string raise???????

This happened at our regular Thursday night game in the Manor inn swords (8pm)(just a small plug )
    with the blinds at 1000 - 2000 Player A (he is new to playing live) announcess clearly ''RAISE'' he then pushes out 2000 to match the blind then goes to his stack pushes out 4000 and immediately returns to his stack to psh out a further 4000, I should explain that his chips were in neat stacks in order of value the first stck was all 500s the next stack all 1000s at no time was there a verbal declaration of any amount or total of the raise.
    We had an objection that he could not go back to his stack the second time.
    The ruling on the night was the full bet of 10000 stands because there was a clear call of raise before any actions and it was felt that the player in question was not doing this for any malice or to gain an advantage in getting a player reaction and that common sense should prevail.
    After trying to get a clearer picture on this we have come up with a blank in any official rule book as it seems to be a bit of a grey area.
    Any TDs out there I would like to hear your opinions.
    Regards
    Damo McD

Originally posted by SwordsPokerDamo View Post
    This happened at our regular Thursday night game in the Manor inn swords (8pm)(just a small plug )
    with the blinds at 1000 - 2000 Player A (he is new to playing live) announcess clearly ''RAISE'' he then pushes out 2000 to match the blind then goes to his stack pushes out 4000 and immediately returns to his stack to psh out a further 4000, I should explain that his chips were in neat stacks in order of value the first stck was all 500s the next stack all 1000s at no time was there a verbal declaration of any amount or total of the raise.
    The ruling on the night was the full bet of 10000 stands because there was a clear call of raise before any actions and it was felt that the player in question was not doing this for any malice or to gain an advantage in getting a player reaction and that common sense should prevail.
    After trying to get a clearer picture on this we have come up with a blank in any official rule book as it seems to be a bit of a grey area.
    Regards
    Damo McD
    Yes in my opinion this is a string raise, a raise must be in one motion not cutting back to your stack once you have made the initial raise, once he pushes out the 4000 that would be considered the raise and cannot dip back into the stack, if he announced raise 10000 he can go back to his stack as many times as he wants until the full 10000 is in the middle.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

+1, string raise, if he declares the amount its not a string raise, but just saying raise doesnt give you the right to push stack after stack.
      http://mobro.co/zuroph
      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Regards
        Damo McD
        String for sure. His first raise of 4000 should stand.

Comment

with the blinds at 1000 - 2000 Player A (he is new to playing live) announcess clearly ''RAISE'' he then pushes out 2000 to match the blind then goes to his stack pushes out 4000 and immediately returns to his stack to psh out a further 4000,
          Raise to T6000 is the only correct ruling here in the absence of a verbal declaration regarding the amount of the raise.
          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I'd usually side on the side of intentions or fair play, but this is very very clearly just 6000.
            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Thanks guys

Thanks for the replys lad , looks like we have to hold up our hands here , we got it wrong at least we can put it right next time.
              Regards
              Damo McD.

Comment

Working...
              X