Facing raise with 2 pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facing raise with 2 pair

Cliff notes: playing quite aggressive, raising and limping a lot. Stack is roughly 12-18k. Blinds 300-600 i think. Villian is a fairly loose player who only reraises when he has something. He's playing about a grand or two less than me.

Limped with JT, villian and several other limp after me.

Flop JT9 with 2 diamonds.

I bet 2k, he raises to 6.1k.

I ask him for a count and he seems fairly certain he's calling if I shove or else shoving or calling on the turn.

Insta shove, call and see if a diamond or K or 8 doesn't peel off, fold?

Thoughts??

9 handed?
    positions?
    When you say he "has something" would that include FD's?
    Which 2 flop cards were the diamonds?
    What is the worst made hand you think he raises with?

Comment

Not enough info here to give my expert analysis on . LOL
      1. dont limp JT
      2. Shove the fk out of it now
      3. Dont give out when he hits as you were wrong to limp in the 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
        9 handed?
        positions?
        When you say he "has something" would that include FD's?
        Which 2 flop cards were the diamonds?
        What is the worst made hand you think he raises with?
        Possibly. He raised me earlier with a monster. Think he only raised 2 and half times my bet.
        Can't remember
        Don't think he'd raise with just a pair if that's what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
          Not enough info here to give my expert analysis on . LOL
          1. dont limp JT
          2. Shove the fk out of it now
          3. Dont give out when he hits as you were wrong to limp in the 1st place
          It's a soft game and I'm more than capable of making a fold or a bluff if needed. I like to mix up my play rather than just raising all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by GimpTheChimp View Post
            Cliff notes: playing quite aggressive, raising and limping a lot. Stack is roughly 12-18k. Blinds 300-600 i think. Villian is a fairly loose player who only reraises when he has something. He's playing about a grand or two less than me.

I ask him for a count and he seems fairly certain he's calling if I shove or else shoving or calling on the turn.

Thoughts??
            12-18k the difference in this is massive at least make up a figure.

1st mistake i note you say you limp. I am of the opinion limping is such a horrible move raise or fold. I can consider a limp in the cut off or button in very rare scenarios. As a rule raise or fold.Bad players limp good players raise imo.

As this hand is played i would consider your in trouble but its so player dependant. Actually come back to me with your exact stack size as it makes a bit of a difference.

I probably just shove actually. If he has KQ UL you have outs. He can be raising a lot of draws and semi made hands here.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Actually, in a very aggro game, limping some hands you may normally open raise with can be fine. I do not believe that to be the case here tho. 6 handed, prolly a lot of calls of open raises, with cbets taking down a lot of pots postflop, I would generally openraise. If you are UTG and it is JTo, I would be open folding preflop.

Comment

Originally posted by GimpTheChimp View Post

Thoughts??
                Preflop is obv atrocious, you should really say how much you have. The difference between 20 and 30bbs is quite large. What position were both of you in? You were playing aggressive with lots of limping? Does not compute.

Shove now. No debate.
                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Limping JT is EP is terrible, there are hands and time when its ok to limp, this wasn't one.

don't confuse playing loose with playing aggressive, if you are limping a lot then you are playing a passive loose game.
                  This flop is the very reason that you shouldn't play JT in multi-way limped pots,

Comment

Working...
                  X