Pre-Flop: T T dealt to Hero (MP)
    2 folds, Hero raises to $6, CO folds, BTN calls $6, 2 folds

Flop: ($15) 5 5 9 (2 Players)
    Hero bets $10, BTN calls $10

Turn: ($35) 2 (2 Players)
    Hero bets $28, BTN calls $28

River: ($91) K (2 Players)
    Hero ?

This hand is at a full ring table. I sat in because of a fish.

The villain in this hand only has played 8 hands and been pretty quiet (16/9). So pretty much irrelevant. I prob should have bet 1 bb more on flop but w/e.
    I am looking for a bet size here on the river (or do you check?) and, are we bet calling or bet folding?
    Last edited by RoadSweeper; 08-06-10, 14:58.

I'd bet something small, or check/call. I can't see him calling with worse over 3 streets that often. If I was betting i'd bet like $36-$45 and fold to a shove. Check/call might be better though, not sure.

Comment

Dont think betting 1bb more on flop makes any diff. As played I prob c/c.

Comment

Check and evaluate, most likely folding depends on how fast he bets. I think some FD's fold the turn and 9x-JJ is unlikely to be the river. He has very few 5x hands and 99 will raise the flop a lot. QQ+ and AK likely 3bet pre and if he has Kdxd he may not VB the river as not a lot of worse hands will call. The faster he bets the more likely I am to call tho.

Comment

I check, no way he calls with a worse hand with the K getting there but he might bluff missed draws. I doubt he would even value bet a K either so most value in check/calling.

Comment

If anything i feel you bet a little to much on both streets.

$8-10 is fine on flop but i am betting in and around $20-25 on the turn.

River i think both lines are fine check/call and bet.

If i had played this pot i would have between $68-75 in the pot on the river and i probably put in a $30ish bet.

As you played it i bet around $35-40.

I am folding to a shove.

I would have his range as 66-88 with a lot of 9s thrown in there along with the flush draw. I think he will call a small bet on the river with these obv not the flush draw.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

i'd only value bet this against someone i had decent amount of hands with. i think bet/folding 35/45 is silly. if he's the type to call with 66 he'd call 65/75 and would hardly ever suicide impale bluff. just check/call.

Comment

Those saying to check call. Do you think he will bet worse given that I should be bluffing this card with my air here so much? I mean when I don't bet it,it looks like I am going to check call.

Comment

good point, you think he'd check back all his flush draws expecting a call? he might not be on that level and not be able to resist bluffing with the 7 high hearts or some such.

Comment

Vs nitty guys at FR I probably fold to a river bet, although they do randomly bet a fair bit.
                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                      If anything i feel you bet a little to much on both streets.

River i think both lines are fine check/call and bet.

If i had played this pot i would have between $68-75 in the pot on the river and i probably put in a $30ish bet.

As you played it i bet around $35-40.

I am folding to a shove.
                      really hate this. Why are you bet folding??? Would check calling not be a lot better here?

I definitely check call here, by betting you are only getting paid off by a 9 really, by checking you keeping pot control. You let him bluff off his missed flush draw. If he had kx diamonds or k9hearts he will value bet but you won't lose more than 30/35 and I think a missed flush draw is more likely. I think he folds 66/55/etc if you bet as if he has those he probably thinks you have ak so he checks behind and you win.
                      If he is folding anyway why build up the pot and induce a bluff you won't call.
                      I just try and keep pot control here and check call
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                        really hate this. Why are you bet folding??? Would check calling not be a lot better here?

I definitely check call here, by betting you are only getting paid off by a 9 really, by checking you keeping pot control. You let him bluff off his missed flush draw. If he had kx diamonds or k9hearts he will value bet but you won't lose more than 30/35 and I think a missed flush draw is more likely. I think he folds 66/55/etc if you bet as if he has those he probably thinks you have ak so he checks behind and you win.
                        If he is folding anyway why build up the pot and induce a bluff you won't call.
                        I just try and keep pot control here and check call
                        Possibly 50nl thinking where you can get payed off with this type of hand on this board.
                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                          by betting you are only getting paid off by a 9 really, by checking you keeping pot control. You let him bluff off his missed flush draw.
                          Thin value bets are what distinguish good poker players from very good ones. As has been pointed out, the K is probably one of the best bluffing cards in the deck for us so I think we get looked up pretty light here.

Comment

When we check we give him a chance to check back 66,77,88,9x so maybe were losing value but we have to consider how often he bets missed draw or maybe turns 66,77,88 into bluff for us to c/c river maybe bet smallish to get value from those hands i think

Comment

Working...
                            X