Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacks in the SB

Villain is 7/8 over 85 hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 55 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

UTG (t6655)
    UTG+1 (t7180)
    MP1 (t5635)
    MP2 (t5900)
    MP3 (t5310)
    CO (t5910)
    Button (t6095)
    Hero (SB) (t5240)
    BB (t5910)

Hero's M: 69.87

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
    3 folds, MP2 bets t150, 3 folds, Hero raises to t450, 1 fold, MP2 calls t300

Flop: (t950) 5, 4, 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets t600, MP2 calls t600

Turn: (t2150) 10 (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP2 bets t1000, Hero calls t1000

River: (t4150) 8 (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP2 bets t3850 (All-In), Hero ???????????

Total pot: t4150

Anyone find a call here?

I never used stats so what does 7/8 mean in reality?

call on flop just looks like he's an ace and / or may just be calling your CB and seeing what happens next

check call on turn underreps your hand

river push could just be because of underrepping hand

I think you need specific reads on villain to determine your best action now. I think call is fine. fold not bad either but I'd like to know he takes this line with overpairs to let this go. only other hands he can realistically be put on that beat you are A3 and sets, so call and hope he has A10

so I think call is prob default position but I'm not mad about it

why not lead 850 ish on turn and you'd be better informed on your decision later on?

Comment

Don't 3b vs this guy imo.
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Almost found one.

Did you scope him? Is he a reg winner?
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I dont like the 3bet pre..

I dont think you beat to much on the river

I would play it really cautious..
          Buy and Sell bitcoin in Ireland with Bitireland Broker Ltd.
          www.bitireland.ie

Comment

His continuing range for your 3bet is really strong and you will be OOP in a bloated pot, hence I dont like the 3bet with this hand.

Flop and turn are fine and fold to the river shove, this is not AT and I doubt he floats with a lot on that flop to bluff turn and river or VB worse considering how much of a nit he is.

Comment

3b pre is far too small. Would make it 600

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                I never used stats so what does 7/8 mean in reality?
                It means he paid into the pot in 7% of hands and preflop raises 8% of hands. i.e. that he's a massive nit. A lot of players will 3bet 8% never mind open raising. Basically, don't 3bet vs this guy, because his UTG range consists of every hand that beats you and AK.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                  Doesnt he post in here? Friends with Irish Iron iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                    It means he paid into the pot in 7% of hands and preflop raises 8% of hands. i.e. that he's a massive nit. A lot of players will 3bet 8% never mind open raising. Basically, don't 3bet vs this guy, because his UTG range consists of every hand that beats you and AK.

He was MP2 in this hand but I doubt his range is incredibly wider.

Comment

I would never 3bet pre.

River I can't see you being that good often. There's no worse value hand in his range and I can't see how this is a bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                        think so - from Portlaoise (kip)

I wasn't mad about the 3bet pre myself, but I find it very hard not to 3bet with pocket jack against anyone. Definite leak there IMO.

his line screamed set to me, anyone agree?

Comment

Not unless he had TT exactly. More likely he has AA/KK tbh, your hand is effectively face up at this point.

Comment

did you call and he had AK? people are going bananas with slowplayed AK these days. agree with not 3betting pre, folding river as played.

Comment

Gavin O'Rourke. Fine list of results.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ok thanks, changes the complexion of the hand somewhat! on seeing his results it was also a fold as he's clearly not going to be spazzing out either. winning player + tight = behind in this spot I suppose

Comment

It means he paid into the pot in 7% of hands and preflop raises 8% of hands. i.e. that he's a massive nit. A lot of players will 3bet 8%
                                  are the stats in the OP right, PFR can't be higher than Vpip
                                  was he 17/8?????

Comment

Damn! Misread the thread title as SE rather than SB and I thought I was going to be reading some juicy gossip about The Chief being caught smoking again or some degen found lying on the floor trying to control the 'oul palpitations
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                      was he 17/8?????
                                      that looked wrong to me aswell
                                      but kept my mouth shut incase someone called me an idiot

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

His continuing range for your 3bet is really strong and you will be OOP in a bloated pot, hence I dont like the 3bet with this hand.

Flop and turn are fine and fold to the river shove, this is not AT and I doubt he floats with a lot on that flop to bluff turn and river or VB worse considering how much of a nit he is.
                                        Most people are 4betting to get it in here with KK,AA. Usually a flat like this is a small/mid pair, QQ is the only hand dominating pre with this flat imo.
                                        So, Obv TTT, 888 and the smaller sets are now a possibilty, But 88 checks the turn and a set on the flop should raise to get it in -v- an over pair. Im predicating TTT, QQ or Air.

Comment

think so - from Portlaoise (kip)

I wasn't mad about the 3bet pre myself, but I find it very hard not to 3bet with pocket jack against anyone. Definite leak there IMO.

Lol sick, il try and find out what it was :P what was the tourney id?

Im definately sticking with the 3 hands from my last post so, TTT, QQ or Air (the air being suited connectors etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            was he 17/8?????
                                            8/7 would indeed make a lot more sense, but if he's 17/8 then disregard everything everyone's said so far.
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

i was looking at some of his tournament results,,,

i mean like hes fucking cleaning up,,im assuming it just shows the ones that you cashed in,or has he just cashed in all of them???

Comment

Apologies - 8/7 were the stats.

FWIW I had him on TTT/888 or complete air. Either way i folded.

He did tell me in chat that he had a set but he could be a lying bollix.

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                                                Lol sick, il try and find out what it was :P what was the tourney id?
                                                i'll find the tourney ID when I get home this evening.....
                                                Last edited by newbie2; 09-06-10, 13:37.

Comment

I think this air more often than not Ax makes up alot of his range,

also could be 77, 66, 33 turned into a bluff,

tough spot really flip a coin and call/fold, i would defo call with QQ+
                                                  http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Can he peel flop w AK,AQ and bet turn river to get you off 77,99 maybe. Or own you w AA,KK i be surprised if he played QQ like this. I like c/c turn lets him bluff some Ax tough spot i find it hard to c/c turn and then c/f river imo but maybe he wont put 77,99 in ur 3b range
                                                    Last edited by paddyh1989; 09-06-10, 14:03.

Comment

Apologies - 8/7 were the stats.

FWIW I had him on TTT/888 or complete air. Either way i folded.

He did tell me in chat that he had a set but he could be a lying bollix.

i'll find the tourney ID when I get home this evening.....

SPOILER
                                                      Set of 4s

Comment

Working...
                                                      X