• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankroll management

Hi folks,

i was looking for info on how many buy inns you need if you were
    to play 1/2 nlhe cash games.

Also the best method to build a bankroll for these stakes.

Thankyou
    Last edited by OasisKid; 04-06-10, 09:40.

It depends on wether your gonna go at it full time or are you just takin a shot at a spin up occasionally.

Comment

Have no bankroll for cash games at the moment, like playing 1/2 from time to
      time, but would like to have a bankroll for it from now on.
      just curios on how many buy inns you would need and some advice on starting a bankroll.

cheers

Comment

I presume you mean live and not online?

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
          It depends on wether your gonna go at it full time or are you just takin a shot at a spin up occasionally.
          Not really, surely if you were just 'takin a shot at a spin up occasionally', you wouldn't be employing proper bankroll management anyway

Comment

it really depends where you want to play live as to how much you need,i.e the fitz 1-2 plays much bigger than your usual game so you would need more buyins for this game etc

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              Not really, surely if you were just 'takin a shot at a spin up occasionally', you wouldn't be employing proper bankroll management anyway
              I think what Damo meant was that playing for a living and playing as a hobby are completely different things. You can still adhere to bankroll management in both, but one requires far more security.

i.e. if Playing 200NL for a living I would suggest approx 100BIs.
              If not playing for a living, and just a bit extra pocket money, you can play with as little as 20-30 BIs, just drop down/move up much quicker.

Comment

I don't play live much but is it even possible to make a living from playing 1/2 Pot limt holdem in Dublin when you take all costs into consideration(rake, travel, food etc). I know the standard of play is very bad at the weekends but would you be guaranteed at least 4 good nights of live action in a week??

I would agree with Jimbling regarding number of buyins. Professionals should have 100 buyin minimum and part-timers who can replenish their bankroll from other sources can get away with 30 buyin's.

I would also instigate a 3 buyin stop loss until you get comfortable with your surroundings and your regular opponents. Once you know that you are definitely better than most of your opponents, i see no harm in putting in long sessions even if you are down more than 3 buy-ins just as long as you are able to avoid tilt, and play a decent B game when its at the end of a session and your body is telling you get some sleep.

Comment

I have a rough idea now how much is required to play these stakes,
                  appreciate all the replies.

Thanks folks.

Comment

If you're playing part time I'd recommend about 30 buyins, but if you are not good at moving down when you need to then you need more. Obv depends mostly on your edge as well, and on your variance.

As everyone else said, if you are playing it for a living, then you need a hell of a lot more.
                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I may aswell hijack the thread.

What would guys consider someone serious playing 20-200nl needs as a roll.

I currently play $50nl with around €3k euro as a roll. I moved up from €20nl at around €1800 -2k not exactly sure of the figures so thats rough estimate.

At what point would guys move to €50nl and $100 nl etc.....

Id be in a situation where i have an extra income so dont really need to withdraw but could not afford to lose roll etc.....

My thoughts would be €50 nl at €3500 and $100 nl at around €4500?

Im obv using € and $ as ipoker has diff currency which makes a bit of a difference.
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

You seem to have the right idea tipp86

Comment

If you are pro you need 100bi +per level

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                            If you are pro you need 100bi +per level
                            Wouldnt apply to me but i agree. Then again i think its probably a case of more buyins the higher you go up.
                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Decent tip I got from a pokerER was worry about finding a game you can beat first then worry about BR management.

Comment

Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
                                Hi folks,

i was looking for info on how many buy inns you need if you were
                                to play 1/2 nlhe cash games.

Also the best method to build a bankroll for these stakes.

Thankyou

have a look at these for starters...
                                Follow us on Twitter
                                Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X