1/2/5 Live straddle spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2/5 Live straddle spot

Live game 9 handed. Seats 1 to 5 are all guys that are known to me and your typical abc cash game players. Seats 7 and 9 are both Oriental and have showndown less than premium hands having built large pots themselves.

So everyone has 500+. This hand seats 1,2 and 3 playing circa 500 each. Seat 7 is playing 650 and has reloaded twice.

So I'm utg+1in seat 6 and look down at AsAd. I raise to 30 seat 7 calls. seats 1,2 and 3 all call seat 4(bb) and 5 (straddler) complete.

Flop 7c 7s 10s(pot 210).
    Checked to me I bet 125 seat 7 snaps.
    Seat 1 tanks and calls. Seat 2 tanks and calls. Seats 3,4 and 5 fold.

Turn Qs pot(660ish)
    Checked to me, my action??

if no one has you beat it's pretty miraculous, check.

Comment

Yeah checking seems best. And pray we get a cheap river and shot at our Ace or spade.

I may even check the flop. Yeah you'll get value from fd's and Ts and stuff but with that many going to the flop someone is likely to have a 7, and you're going to have a hard time playing the turn, like you are now.

Comment

Id probably check back the flop.

Now obviously check.
        Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

check flop, check now

Comment

meh I don't mind the flop b/f either. I def bet flop €125 if everyone has 750+

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
              Yeah checking seems best. And pray we get a cheap river and shot at our Ace or spade.

I may even check the flop. Yeah you'll get value from fd's and Ts and stuff but with that many going to the flop someone is likely to have a 7, and you're going to have a hard time playing the turn, like you are now.
              So you suggesting we check/fold the flop?
              TBH not betting the flop and folding to a psb crossed my mind but I thought that would be terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                So you suggesting we check/fold the flop?
                TBH not betting the flop and folding to a psb crossed my mind but I thought that would be terrible.
                I didn't say check/fold anywhere. We'd be checking for pot control. This many people going to the flop, Aces are no good a decent amount of the time. Not that there's anything wrong with b/f the flop either. It's just in those games you get 2-3 people calling the flop and the turn is always going to be a really nasty spot unless we miracle an Ace.

Comment

checking the flop even with 2 spades? the stack sizes make this pretty tough. is this call fest the standard even with the 6x open? a 4 x open would make the pots more manageable.

Comment

Originally posted by BuChan View Post
                    checking the flop even with 2 spades? the stack sizes make this pretty tough. is this call fest the standard even with the 6x open? a 4 x open would make the pots more manageable.
                    This is the norm in the live game in Limerick if I opened 4x or 3x the entire table would have called.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                      I didn't say check/fold anywhere. We'd be checking for pot control. This many people going to the flop, Aces are no good a decent amount of the time. Not that there's anything wrong with b/f the flop either. It's just in those games you get 2-3 people calling the flop and the turn is always going to be a really nasty spot unless we miracle an Ace.
                      Ya I see what you mean about pot control but I figure its going to be messy any way I play it now. I really didn't envisage nobody shoving over my flop bet.

Comment

This is probably gonna be unpopular, but I might go for the old limp-reraise on a table like that with AA in EP. You'd be amazed how often it works.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                          This is probably gonna be unpopular, but I might go for the old limp-reraise on a table like that with AA in EP. You'd be amazed how often it works.
                          Define working?

Seriously, it's a lot harder to get multi-street value with AA when you limp-reraise pre here, for obvious reasons. People will put you on exactly AA/KK here all too often and it's not good for you when they're correct in thinking this.

Comment

As it happens I checked the turn, seat 7 shoved and had every1 covered. next player insta called so I go ahead and fold to see K10o v KK.

Comment

This is the norm in the live game in Limerick if I opened 4x or 3x the entire table would have called.
                              As it happens I checked the turn, seat 7 shoved and had every1 covered. next player insta called so I go ahead and fold to see K10o v KK.
                              Get me to limerick quick obv this is a brag post thread! go for the check raise if possilbe!

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
                                Define working?

Seriously, it's a lot harder to get multi-street value with AA when you limp-reraise pre here, for obvious reasons. People will put you on exactly AA/KK here all too often and it's not good for you when they're correct in thinking this.
                                Obviously it doesn't work against players who know what the fuck is going on, but by the sounds of it, this is the kind of table where after they've paid you off they'll say "I knew you had aces!".
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Obviously it doesn't work against players who know what the fuck is going on, but by the sounds of it, this is the kind of table where after they've paid you off they'll say "I knew you had aces!".
                                  Point taken!

Comment

Working...
                                  X