eh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eh...

90 players left, bubble 72. tahitien56 been playing at the same table over an hour, opens very rarely, have not seen him showdown a hand he opened. rotterdammer has not played a pot in the ~20 hands at the table.

Full Tilt Poker Game #21138037274: Super "dull & last forever" Stack $6K Guarantee (162634770), Table 63 - 500/1000 Ante 125 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:37:04 ET - 2010/05/26

Seat 1: tahitien56 (49,186)
    Seat 2: rotterdammer1 (114,078)
    Seat 3: delfino61 (31,938)
    Seat 4: Roi Jones Jr (23,800)
    Seat 5: Hero (136,757)
    Seat 6: sconvy (56,985)
    Seat 7: Attosz88 (80,360)
    Seat 8: Justapawn (35,124)
    Seat 9: simon1019 (30,394)

Justapawn posts the small blind of 500
    simon1019 posts the big blind of 1,000

The button is in seat #7

Dealt to Hero [Ac Kd]

tahitien56 raises to 4,000

rotterdammer1 raises to 14,000

delfino61 folds

Roi Jones Jr folds

Hero....?

When you say you haven't seen a hand he's opened with how do you mean? He's folded to 3 bets or down the streets or his agro has usually taken it down when he has opened.

Meh you're way deep stacked and I like a fold here. I like to play for the win but I think you're a little far out to get in a spot like this where you're basically not getting called by anything you dominate and only sometimes by something you're racing with. Maybe they're stepping out of line but if so you can still find a better spot down the line
    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Yeah i'm happy enough folding here.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
        When you say you haven't seen a hand he's opened with how do you mean? He's folded to 3 bets or down the streets or his agro has usually taken it down when he has opened.
        he either took it down pre or on flop. tables been ver y tight for a long time.

Comment

Well then I think you can safely fold this and then start to open up and play small pots and pick on those are scared around the bubble. Pretty standard advice that if you're in a good position coming to the bubble/ playing within your roll in general that this is the best spot to begin to start opening pots from mid to lp.

You should pick up some chips this way without having to risk a bucketload of chips which looks like this is leading to.
          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Fold.
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

fold

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Yeah. I agree with above. At best you are up against A Q with a loose player but as you siad they are super tight.

You might be flipping here.

Comment

You're never getting called by aq if you raise here.

Getting called/reshoved over=dominated or maybe in very rare situation a race
                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

thanks folks. unanimous it seems. don't often find myself with 100+bbs effective latish in tournies. i folded and they got it in with jj(utg) vs qq.

Comment

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass Ted...by that I mean can we not just call....like we have a pretty sweet hand,it will look super strong and people still have to open some hands even in this torture fests. Like I could basically never bring myself to pass this in a situation as described leaky as that prob is.

Comment

If we call we are increasing the dead money in there a hell of a lot. Making a shove by one of them a lot more profitable and leaving us to call it off in a shitty enough spot.

I'd fold here but if it was opened later and 3bet later I'd be shoving a lot barring reads.
                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

At the risk of exposing myself as an uber fish I think the dynamic of this hand makes a call Ok.
                          Like it has to go through the original raiser and obv we are willing to take him on if he shoves and Rotterdammer folds (in spots like this Im always amazed at the crazy stuff peple can do and AK will fare fine)
                          If he folds we play pot in position with a good hand with a super strong percieved range against Rotterdammer who more often than not will be trying not to do the loots with that stack v a guy who covers considering the smaller exploitable stacks at table.
                          If they both shove we can just fold and pretend we misclicked or whatever.

Comment

if we get the dream scenario of rotterdammer folding to tahitien's shove it's not too bad but he'd be turning down a sick price. my calling there would look pretty strong however my image would be pretty lagtastic in tahitien's eyes. calling and folding doesn't cripple me, there could be a case for it.
                            Last edited by BuChan; 28-05-10, 01:26.

Comment

You have the blockers, easy 4bet lol!!!
                              Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                              My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                                You have the blockers, easy 4bet lol!!!
                                TommyGunne hack your account?

Comment

Working...
                                X