Call/fold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call/fold?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t4020)
    Button (t2875)
    SB (t8762)
    Hero (BB) (t5655)
    UTG (t4445)
    UTG+1 (t10088)
    MP1 (t6855)
    MP2 (t1525)
    MP3 (t4574)

Hero's M: 125.67

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
    6 folds, Button calls t30, SB bets t150, Hero calls t120, Button calls t120

Flop: (t450) Q, 5, 4 (3 players)
    SB bets t300, Hero raises to t870, Button raises to t2725 (All-In), 1 fold,

Hero ?

No real reads on players.
    One hand seen from SB was open raising utg 3bb with AKo. With 2 all ins and 5 way pot he Cbet 2/3rds the pot on 8 high board.

Thoughts please?
    Should I be slowplaying in this spot pre?

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong section. Mods move please

Comment

3 bet pre 100% of the time. I call now, not overly thrilled but I'm not folding especially given SB seems to be spewy (and there should be only 3 hands beating us), which is more reason to 3 bet pre. You should be slowplaying AA pre when ~150bbs deep literally 0.0% of the time.
      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Yup, I'm never not 3betting here. Firstly, SB should have a pretty strong range for raising from the SB, so we're more likely to get good action. Secondly, we're nearly 200bb deep vs the SB and IP. Thirdly, we're in a crappy position if the button calls as well. We'll be in the middle between the pfr and the guy in position, and thats just a horrible spot.

I guess I call now, but expect to see 45, 44 or 55 a hell of a lot. Not particularly happy or anything. But given the hand you gave of the SB, and that there are a few draws out there, you can't fold.

FWIW, I just call the flop as well as played.
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
          You should be slowplaying AA pre when ~150bbs deep literally 0.0% of the time.
          I agree with the rest of what you wrote, but not this at all. There are loads of good slowplaying spots when 150bbs deep, most of them involve hoping someone behind you raises; although in the example above I would always 3bet

Comment

As above, 3bet pre, call now. Reasons pretty well covered.

I agree with HJ that there are some slowplay spots with AA.
            But I'd say Sledge was more trying to illustrate a point rather than suggest you slowplay 0% of the time.

Comment

Yeah you're ofc right but inducing a squeeze is a different thing entirely, I really should have said "in a spot like this"
              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I think the flat-call pre-flop is ok for a bit of misdirection. Raise and you're making your hand very transparent. Of course you're taking a risk, but your opponent hitting top pair will be very profitable for you, and will happen much more often than them hitting 2-pair or better.

As played, call. The only hand you hate to see is a set, an overpair is about 30% against two-pair.

Comment

Originally posted by padraig View Post
                  I think the flat-call pre-flop is ok for a bit of misdirection. Raise and you're making your hand very transparent. Of course you're taking a risk, but your opponent hitting top pair will be very profitable for you, and will happen much more often than them hitting 2-pair or better.
                  We are indicating a strong hand but hardly transparent. BB raising range after button limps should be pretty wide. We make far more long term raising

Comment

Thanks for your views people. I knew I was making a slow play error and when I hit the call button pre I had a strong feeling that the hand would wind up here. I almost never slowplay this hand in any spot but decided to get tricky.

Was pretty sure that with the 3bet on flop I was behind and had made a bad play from the tart but I couldn't lay it down and his LOL top two pair on flop held up with villain holding Q5hh. At least I wasn't against a set I guess. Anyway, onwards and upwards!

TYTY no slow play here in future.

Comment

reverse implied odds are huge.

your between two players.

you have no reads.

?

3bet preflop as you define their hands better for post flop decisions and you give them a better price post flop to stack off with worse hands. As far as previous advice regarding slowplaying for misdirection your too deep to slowplay and the flip side of this coin is that you should be 3betting worse hands than AA, KK, QQ ect. That is how you bring deception to your game 150BB deep.
                      Last edited by OutFlank; 22-05-10, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                        Thanks for your views people. I knew I was making a slow play error and when I hit the call button pre I had a strong feeling that the hand would wind up here. I almost never slowplay this hand in any spot but decided to get tricky.

Was pretty sure that with the 3bet on flop I was behind and had made a bad play from the tart but I couldn't lay it down and his LOL top two pair on flop held up with villain holding Q5hh. At least I wasn't against a set I guess. Anyway, onwards and upwards!

TYTY no slow play here in future.
                        weird logic, your repping a bluff postflop and wondering if you should fold to his 3bet. i'd expect to see a lot of worse hands than AA here.

Comment

Originally posted by BuChan View Post
                          weird logic, your repping a bluff postflop and wondering if you should fold to his 3bet. i'd expect to see a lot of worse hands than AA here.
                          My logic tends to be quite weird alright. Can you explain how I'm repping a bluff? I think with the action postflop it's hard to see how I'm in front but call because it's harder to fold. Thought I was repping pretty strong ranges postflop tbh but maybe I'm wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                            My logic tends to be quite weird alright. Can you explain how I'm repping a bluff? I think with the action postflop it's hard to see how I'm in front but call because it's harder to fold. Thought I was repping pretty strong ranges postflop tbh but maybe I'm wrong?
                            I think he means your value range is very narrow(44 and 55) and you have a lot of draws/air in your range so the villain is shoving plenty of hands < AA

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                              I think he means your value range is very narrow(44 and 55) and you have a lot of draws/air in your range so the villain is shoving plenty of hands < AA
                              aye, kind of what i was getting at. why are you representing strength when you are strong? unless he thinks you would raise 67/flush draws/airballs on this flop then your pre and postflop plays both make no sense. you certainly don't want him folding 99/q10 here. as tommygunne said you should call the flop here as played. you'd then be repping draws and underpairs that he might try to bluff you off on the turn. you'd also most likely extract more value from his Qs this way.
                              if you have a laggy image or he seems insane you could raise smaller looking for him to spaz out with AK/air.

Comment

Working...
                              X