Red Joker Blog Updates: Going well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Joker Blog Updates: Going well

Haven't posted a blog in a while but things have been going pretty well. Got my maths video series finished which I'm really happy about although, at the moment, I don't feel motivated to do much at the weekends besides browse forums and play a session or two. I'm playing 200nl at the moment but not getting in much volume at all. I have some ideas for stuff I want to do but it's all still at the planning stage and I'm procrastinating on it. I put a new sticky in the micro stakes forum for some poker book discussion (http://www.leggopoker.com/forums/mic...ead-10862.html) and Matt is working on getting a micro stakes coaching forum (http://www.leggopoker.com/forums/mic...rum-11112.html) set up. I'm really pleased with how good that forum is at the moment, there's not a huge amount of micro stakes content at leggo but at least the forum is super solid. Work has been going really well. I moved over to the commodities desk around the beginning of February to trade commodity ETFs, I was on the equity ETF desk before that. I'm getting to do a lot more trading and really enjoying it. Mock (a trading game we play) has been going really well and I've been crushing it the last few weeks. One of the other assistant traders got to go to Philadelphia for class (what we call the 10 week training program to become a trader) around March. It's kinda good and bad news, it's a little disappointing that I didn't get to go but good that there's one less person to compete with for the next class. On balance it's definitely a good thing. I'm not sure when the next one will be, hearing rumours of July or September, fingers crossed and just have to keep pushing myself. I got the first season of the wire and I'm almost finished it, snap buying the rest of the seasons obv. Aaron's been talking about a multi-part HU addition to the memoirs so I'm really excited about that, I almost wish he hadn't said anything because the waiting is a killer. Kinda cool that I still get excited about learning new stuff about poker though, you'd think you'd grow out of it.

More...
Working...
X