I'm a super scared NIT WSOP satellite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a super scared NIT WSOP satellite

Villan has been playing super tight so far, I paid him off with QQ on a low board early on when he had KK. I was pretty close to folding the river in the hand as it really looked like he had the overpair on a 9 high board by the river.

To this hand, villan has been playing 17/15 but has really only shown up with the goods so far. I am playing even tighter at like 11/7 and have not got out of line at all. I've ran AK into 55 on a A53ddd8x4 board and the QQ into KK hence why I am a bit short at this early stage. I have not played any other hands of note at all. I am sure my image is of a rock.

It's the $535 wsop super satellite on ipoker FWIW, so do we ever get paid off by worse on this river?

No Limit Holdem Tournament
    10 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG (8,668)
    UTG+1 (5,875)
    UTG+2 (2,970)
    MP1 (3,405)
    pauricmcb (2,855)
    MP3 (5,725)
    CO (5,518)
    BTN (4,755)
    SB (4,625)
    BB (5,605)

Blinds: 20/40

Pre-Flop: (60, 10 players) pauricmcb is MP2 8:heart: 8:diamond:
    1 fold, UTG+1 raises to 120, 2 folds, pauricmcb calls 120, 5 folds

Flop: A:heart: 8:spade: J:heart: (300, 2 players)
    UTG+1 bets 160, pauricmcb calls 160

Turn: 10:spade: (620, 2 players)
    UTG+1 bets 320, pauricmcb calls 320

River: 3:club: (1,260, 2 players)
    UTG+1 bets 630, 630 to pauricmcb (2255)?

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    i honestly couldnt imagine not shoving,
    I thought the same as well, but what worse hands will a decent player call with?

Comment

I think i'd just flat call. At the end of the day if you ship whats calling you that you have bet. If he is firing 3 barrells against a nit he must have the goods. It would be very rare to have a less than premium hand.

He could easily have KQ here. hes always cbetting with the gutshot with KQ and if we ship were fucked. The only hand we get paid off from is AJ imo
      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I'd just call. We have like the 30th nuts or something and there are tons of better hands in his range. It's a spot where if we shove it's almost impossible to get called by worse. Even AJ there is pretty marginal.
        Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

What was his bet sizing like on the KK/QQ hand? Did he half pot on all streets?

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
            What was his bet sizing like on the KK/QQ hand? Did he half pot on all streets?
            No, it was different there.

No Limit Holdem Tournament
            10 Players
            Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
            UTG (5,228)
            UTG+1 (5,345)
            UTG+2 (4,895)
            MP1 (5,015)
            MP2 (4,840)
            MP3 (5,615)
            CO (4,330)
            BTN (4,120)
            pauricmcb (4,693)
            BB (5,920)

Blinds: 15/30

Pre-Flop: (45, 10 players) pauricmcb is SB :qd: :qh:
            4 folds, MP2 raises to 120, 3 folds, pauricmcb calls 105, BB calls 90

Flop: :9c: :7h: :4s: (360, 3 players)
            pauricmcb checks, BB checks, MP2 bets 305, pauricmcb calls 305, BB folds

Turn: :8s: (970, 2 players)
            pauricmcb checks, MP2 checks

River: :9s: (970, 2 players)
            pauricmcb checks, MP2 bets 728, pauricmcb calls 728

Final Pot: 2,425
            MP2 shows
            :kh: :kc:

MP2 wins 2,425 (net +1,273)

pauricmcb lost 1,153
            BB lost 120

Comment

edit never mind must take more time to see you hit a set

Comment

are we not expecting to be betting more with a nutted hand? fd missed i cawl!

Comment

MUTBS I think.

I say shove and expect to see alot of A K , A Q hands here.

Comment

problem is I don't think we will see those hands if we shove as he will probably fold them

Comment

I'd shove all day tbh, in another situation I might flat but you can definately get called with worse here.
                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                        problem is I don't think we will see those hands if we shove as he will probably fold them
                        You thinking a small RR or flat calling?

Comment

I call, BTW best of luck see you are still in. Am i correct in saying Imper1um is Sorel Mizzi on Ipoker?

Comment

I thought it was Eoghan O dea

Comment

Imper1um = Mizzi...

GL in Sat...

Comment

Time to run good

Comment

I'm so card dead, and slyky don't like folding at all.

Comment

I'm so card dead, and slyky don't like folding at all.
                                    Looks the type to pay you off if you get a hand though

The aul K BALL
                                    Last edited by Jackyback; 02-05-10, 23:49.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                      I call, BTW best of luck see you are still in. Am i correct in saying Imper1um is Sorel Mizzi on Ipoker?
                                      I thought it was Eoghan O dea
                                      Imper1um is Mizzi, Eoghan is Intruder123

As for the hand, I think flatting is fine. He only calls with better or AJ. Probably more worried about a bigger set than KQ

Comment

Flat is fine as played. I usually raise the flop here.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                          Flat is fine as played. I usually raise the flop here.
                                          I agree with this really or at least raise the turn.
                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                            I agree with this really or at least raise the turn.
                                            I had planned to raise a lot of turns but this is one I didnt want to raise as I thought it was a card that either improved his hand or made his hand seem weaker to him against my range.

In the end I just flat called, he had AK. To be honest I really don't think he calls it off with a hand I beat here. There are basically so many more hands that he calls with that beat me than he calls with that I beat so I just flatted in the end. Looking back raising the flop would probably have been best but I think in bigger buyin satellites people are much less likely to stack off with hands that they would auto get in in a tournament of the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                              MUTBS I think.

I say shove and expect to see alot of A K , A Q hands here.
                                              Ah finally got one of those right

Comment

to be honest i really don't think he calls it off with a hand i beat here.
                                                a8, aj, at?

Comment

I prefer the age old sayin "i got a set, i dont give a **** what he has"

Comment

I'm just calling as well, and I think how you played the other streets is fine to protect, but you can obv raise sometimes too.
                                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Considering your image after the QQ hand, its unlikely he'd call a river shove (puttin you on busted FD) but with position and very wet board, i think you gotta raise the flop and hope he 4 bets shove not wanting to go into check call mode OOP vs a relatively shortish stack

Comment

Working...
                                                      X