€2/4 6max, c/f or c/c or shove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€2/4 6max, c/f or c/c or shove

Again this villan is pretty similar stats wise to the other villan, he plays 23/19 and folds to 3bets 62% with a 4b of 11%. Would view me as pretty aggro that can 3b and 5b light. Villan is a 2.5BB/100 winner at 2/4 on ipoker over lots of hands.

Again I think this is the same as the last hand with c/f is slighly better than shove is much better than c/c as I don't really beat feck all on the river apart from KQ but for some reason I can never bring myself to just c/f here which I think is a leak in my 6max game probably because if this was HU I would be shoving here for sure and defo expect to get called by worse but think I am not adjusting that well to peoples calling/folding ranges in 6max.

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem
    6 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ($412)
    UTG+1 ($400)
    CO ($499.60)
    BTN ($543.30)
    Hero ($416)
    BB ($525.80)

Pre-Flop: ($6, 6 players) Hero is SB
    1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $12, 2 folds, Hero raises to $42, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $30

Flop: ($88, 2 players)
    Hero bets $48, UTG+1 calls $48

Turn: ($184, 2 players)
    Hero bets $100, UTG+1 calls $100

River: ($384, 2 players)
    Hero has €210 affective

You're also beating AQ but yeah the point is you are beating less hands that call a shove in this scenario.

If you are shoving here it's as a bluff not for value. I just can't see any hand you beat calling you. I think this one is a check/fold, I really hate a check/call. If I really want to see a showdown I might donkbet $100 as he can't raise without a hand that beats you. The FD got there, which ok he doesn't neccesarily have given the passive nature in which he's played his hand so far. Sets will mostly try and get it in on the turn so that's unlikely.

P.S. I don't play cash online anymore so my theory is probably arxeways and I never played $2-$4.

Comment

How can it be a bluff? What better hand is folding?

If you shove its in the hope of making your hand look like a bluff

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
        This the only reason to shove imo, some PPL level them-self into calling here with AQ KQ type hands.
        ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
        I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney333 View Post
          This the only reason to shove imo, some PPL level them-self into calling here with AQ KQ type hands.
          Its not even that their leveling themselves, they probably have to call sometimes against certain players because these players are bluffing enough for the call to be profitable. I dont think it would be a bad call here at all with AQ against an aggro player. Another small point is that because the 10s is a good bluff card it means that digiman should be value betting wider as in general the better a card is to bluff with your air then its even a better card to value bet and i definitely think thats the case here.
          "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

I don't see how this is not a really easy shove. Looked over the hand about 10 times and double checked villain's stats. This seems like an obvious shove for value.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
              How can it be a bluff? What better hand is folding?

Sorry, the way I see it, only a better hand calls. I don't think KQ or AQ calls a shove. So I wouldn't be shoving for value. That's why I don't play cash online I suppose. Arxways theory.

Just out of interest OP, if you are holding AKss would you bet the same way and shove the river?

Comment

Both hands are definite shoves.

Comment

anyone else not able to see the card images. i have tried firefox, ie and chrome. im using microsoft vista.

Comment

It's something to do with cardrunners, I think they changed their site or something and all the links of images came from it.

Comment

Yea they re vamped the site.
                      HH converter is back up here http://www.cardrunners.com/pokertools/handconverter/

Comment

Working...
                      X