X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100nl squeeze, toppest pair

utg ($180) is bad lag, opening v loose all positions, weak postflop skills
    mp new to table
    bb ($210) is ordinarily very nitty but views me as maniac from previous sessions
    i cover both

utg opens 3.5
    mp calls
    hero makes 11.5 on button with 8h5h
    bb calls
    utg calls

flop 8s6h2c

both check....

my "feeling" is that bb will call there with all his pairs and AQ pre. it would take 3 barrells to fold him off 1010, JJ. i don't really think he would checkraise semi bluff.

i'm pretty sure utg calls his entire range once bb calls. he could easily checkraise bluff, considering the board i guess a cr is a bluff most of the time.

I'd check here when I flop a pair, I'm pretty worried once BB calls, had he not have I would have bet the flop, BB can easily have a pair as strong as QQ here as he may not want to 3b it given everyone is pretty deep in this hand.

Comment

I'd just check this back too. If you have a bad image, its just a little too crazy to try and get people to fold overpairs regardless of texture.

Getting c/r bluffed is a bit of a disaster. I don't think it will happen very often though. If we cbet our hand looks pretty much like QQ+ and nothing else.

That being said, if you want to bluff at it, its not an awful hand to do it with, and its pretty cool in that the person who has the strongest range has the worst relative position, and will be forced to fold a hell of a lot of that range because of that. UTG & MP will probably only be shoving sets too, but you can defo get them to fold 99-TT. We might even get the BB to fold QQ here, but probably not cos you seem to have a bad image with him.

I'd still check though.
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

thanks boys, i was wondering if it might be good to bet since bb plays so predictable i can safely shut down if he gets involved and i think i can induce a bluff or a light call and fold on turn from the laggy guy. leveling myself perhaps.
        i'd be betting an A/K on turn if checked too. if bb checked and utg lead these cards i would call, what do you think?

Comment

check

Comment

aye, losing the run of myself obv. what do you think of the the A/K turn bluff?

Comment

E. Z. Cheque

Comment

Originally posted by BuChan View Post
                i'd be betting an A/K on turn if checked too.
                This would depend a ton on the BB's timing when he checks the turn. He has a ton of AK in his range. Like I make his preflop range TT+/Ak which hits a A or K turn 50% of the time so I'm not all that excited about betting these cards. Plus they can easily check an ace or king to us thinking that we will rep them.

Originally posted by BuChan View Post
                if bb checked and utg lead these cards i would call, what do you think?
                I'd have to play with him tho answer that question. Given the description I'd be worried that if he bets the turn he will follow up on the river with a bluff which would make me want to fold the turn.

Comment

Originally posted by pok3rplaya View Post
                  This would depend a ton on the BB's timing when he checks the turn. He has a ton of AK in his range. Like I make his preflop range TT+/Ak which hits a A or K turn 50% of the time so I'm not all that excited about betting these cards. Plus they can easily check an ace or king to us thinking that we will rep them.

I'd have to play with him tho answer that question. Given the description I'd be worried that if he bets the turn he will follow up on the river with a bluff which would make me want to fold the turn.
                  thanks, i appreciate the questions are a bit pointless without table time with villains. just finding out if any of these thoughts make sense at all.

i would expect them both to c/c an A or K on the turn. i can't be 100% on my reads obv. the range of 1010/AK makes sounds right to me against a less known villain.

an A did hit the turn, bb checked, utg lead, i called, bb folded and he gave up on a 2 river with QJ. i think i would have called the river too. he checks all As other than AK since my turn call (with nitty bb in pot) looks quite strong? AK prob 4bets pre too, stack sizes might make that less likely though.

Comment

I would always bet the flop in spots like this, its important to protect the pot. I would have a tight image though, I woudn't expect a nit to stack off to me with 99 or TT here

I really dislike the 3 bet given your image

Comment

i like 3betting bad players in position, he'll play very predictably postflop with a large weak range and very rarely 4bet bluff. didn't even think twice about it tbh. it seems possible to get away with borderline monkey 3betting at low stakes, no?

Comment

No I don't really find that. At 100nl I find bad players are so showdown bound I don't 3bet them very light, certainly not with such a poor hand. The less I bluff players like that the better I tend to do.

There's nothing really wrong with it though, I'm sure it could be profitable. Your image will work against you though, especially with the regs.

Comment

not sure if sites make a big difference but it's full tilt i was playing and i wouldn't have described the players as showdown bound. there are a lot of bed regs that want to play only small pots with anyone but the fishiest of fish. they step lightly in 3 bet pots playing more or less fit or fold. getting paid off on 3 streets is tough even with a laggy image. i found people making occasional flop moves and light flop calls but rarely taking it further than that.

Comment

Working...
                          X