Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live game.

Hand in the Voodoo long clock.

Wanna get it out while it's still fresh.

I have A Q

Im either UTG or UTG+1 the blinds are 150 300 with a 25 Ante, I have about 6000 maybe just under

I min raise and extremly loose players pushes all in for 8 k I think everyone folds.

Now I cannot stress how loose he was playing and also played a straddle twice

(double big blind without seeing cards)

also played all in pre flop with 8 4. Do I call? or play out the game looking to pick my spots. I know I did the right thing I was suppose to. Also my min raise is horrific I know.

Off to the Bad Beat section imo.
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
      Off to the Bad Beat section imo.
      Already been but does anyone here fold?

Comment

Don't fold obv. You can't be raising AQ with 20bb and folding to a shove unless there is very exceptional circumstances. This isn't one of them.
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
          Don't fold obv. You can't be raising AQ with 20bb and folding to a shove unless there is very exceptional circumstances. This isn't one of them.
          Kinda guessed but results based thinking FTW

Btw he had JJ and of course I don't hit.

Comment

Straddle in a tournament?
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
              Straddle in a tournament?
              I thought it was crazy as well.

But he did it twice funny though as it made the game more fun.

Comment

You are not good at poker imo, sorry.
                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                  You are not good at poker imo, sorry.
                  This sort of crap is just not needed on the site but particulary not needed on the theory section. Take a forced days break from posting.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                    I thought it was crazy as well.

But he did it twice funny though as it made the game more fun.
                    I'd just call that a blind raise instead of a straddle. In a tournament, it's possibly one of the most retarded things you can do. (some small exceptions where a good player player may bet blind when the stacks are really big and blinds are small to force action)

You're right about your min-raise, it is pretty horrific. TBH, i think you know this doesn't belong in the HH section. There's no analysis here whatsover as you've answered all the questions yourself

I min raise and extremly loose players pushes all in for 8k
                    Now I cannot stress how loose he was playing
                    also played all in pre flop with 8 4.
                    If you fold AQ to this player, it would be a huge mistake. I wouldn't fold 77

Do I call? or play out the game looking to pick my spots
                    Calling here would be picking your spots.

Comment

Thanks flushdraw I know I answered most of my own questions. Just curious now should I havepushed it all in from the start and not min raised.

And the blind raise was done by someone who worked there and was playing to make up the numbers. Sound fella and made his intentions known from the start he was playing extremely loose.

Looking back now I don't think this deserves a HH of it's own and was results based thinking.

Starvin Marvin I am just a learner player and wanna post up a few HH histories to get a feel where I went wrong. People like you make it harder for others to learn. Poker is still just a past time for me so I'm not exactly comparing myself to the 72overs of this world just yet so I don't really care if you think i'm a poor player cause I know I'm not great by any strech of the imagination.

Thanks Kevirl for your swift action.

Comment

Lads, theory forum is meant to be for theory stuff only please. I've deleted a few off topic posts.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          Lads, theory forum is meant to be for theory stuff only please. I've deleted a few off topic posts.
                          Thanks although I didn't see that other off topic posts I can only assume that they were about how piss poor my HH was and the like.

I will post up a few with a bit more play involved.

Also like I said a few times in this thread it was just results based thinking.

Comment

Working...
                          X