Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipoker tourney hand

7.50 rebuy, 4.5k gtd, 150ish left.

Hand is after the rebuy break. Blinds 100/200, 9 handed.

Just been moved table, first hand at it so no reads.

mp (7000) raises to 400
    Hero hj (6800) calls with AQ
    co (12000) calls
    button (10000) calls

flop 9d 4c Qd (1900)

mp checks
    Hero bets 1375
    co shoves
    button folds
    mp folds

Hero???????????? This just standard to call it off here?

Anybody prefer 3 betting pre?

Originally posted by tiago View Post
    7.50 rebuy, 4.5k gtd, 150ish left.

Hand is after the rebuy break. Blinds 100/200, 9 handed.

Just been moved table, first hand at it so no reads.

mp (7000) raises to 400
    Hero hj (6800) calls with AQ
    co (12000) calls
    button (10000) calls

flop 9d 4c Qd (1900)

mp checks
    Hero bets 1375
    co shoves
    button folds
    mp folds

Hero???????????? This just standard to call it off here?

Anybody prefer 3 betting pre?
    He always has something. Call now, it's a flushdraw, straightdraw, KQ, QJ, Q10 often enough to call it off here.
    I actually would never lead/fold here unless It was a supernit shoving back at me.

I would prefer to 3 bet pre in position (against original raiser) but I will flat too. 50/50 I would say, depending on whether the blinds were defenders or not.

Comment

as gorrr says its a call or shove if he hasn't you covered

nothing wrong pre either

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I prefer a 3 bet pre with no reads to 1050/1100 but not too much wrong with flatting here either.

As played i'm happy getting it in here, if villains shoving sets here he's losing a ton of value and there's very few 2 pair combos on that flop. I expect him to show up here with draws a lot and KQ.

Comment

those who thinks this is a 3bet, are 3bet/calling?
          http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Think this hand is fine but i will 3 bet some % of the time. I am most certainly calling this shove now.

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
            those who thinks this is a 3bet, are 3bet/calling?
            No, im actually 3 bet folding i think. I think we are in trouble if we are 4 bet and wont allways be racing if we get it in. I think the min raise is so often a weak hand that they want to see a flop for cheap but yet will call our 3 bet and miss the flop so often.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

You shouldn't 3bet fold AQ here.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                Why such a small statement?

Can you explain please? I don't see a prob with 3bet folding pre.
                I assume you are talking about pre?

Comment

If I had more chips I probably would of 3 bet but I'm not a big fan of 3 bet folding around the 30 bb mark, agree it's pretty close though.

Most articles ive read by mtt experts are dead against 3 bet folding with 30 bb's as the price is too good.

Comment

Im just thinking that your 3 bet will be 5.5 bbs. Do we call a 4 bb raise with AQ in this hand?

I just think that most people will flat call a 4 bb raise.

By 3 betting this hand for over 1.5 bbs more than calling an opening raise we are taking the iniative in the hand and will take down this pot with a cbet a high % of the time.

Worst case scenario in this hand is we lose 12 bbs ( 5.5 3 bet and 6.5 cbet ) This leaves us with 4400 which is 22bbs.
                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tiago View Post
                      If I had more chips I probably would of 3 bet but I'm not a big fan of 3 bet folding around the 30 bb mark, agree it's pretty close though.

Most articles ive read by mtt experts are dead against 3 bet folding with 30 bb's as the price is too good.
                      I wouldnt agree and i often 3 bet light from btn,sb,bb against constant position blind stealers.

effective stacks 35bbs

btn raises to 2.5bbs im in sb and raise atc to 6bbs i will be folding to a 4 bet obv.

This move will increase my stack by 5bbs and will take it down a high % of the time. This move will obv be very read dependant.

Am i flawed in thinking this kind of move is good?
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                        Originally posted by Flishie View Post
                        Why such a small statement?

Can you explain please? I don't see a prob with 3bet folding pre.
                        I assume you are talking about pre?
                        AQ is a waste of a hand to 3bet fold with. It's better to call and see a flop and hope we have a dominating hand. If we're going to 3bet fold, it's better to do it with a bag of spanners or a 76 type hand that will have some sort of equity if he just calls the 3bet.

Comment

insta snappage
                          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Working...
                          X