Pre-Flop: ($3, 6 players) Hero is BTN
    2 folds, CO raises to $7, Hero calls $7, 2 folds

Flop: ($17, 2 players)
    CO bets $12, Hero calls $12

Turn: ($41, 2 players)
    CO bets $28, Hero raises to $70, CO calls $42

River: ($181, 2 players)

Villan has $117 left at this point

So its Rush poker and I've only 3 hands on this guy up till now, hes 66/33 so hes probably not some NIT anyway. He's Australian if thats any use! PTR has about 3k hands on him

I think the turn is a spot were I made a slight mistake, a raise of $65 would probably have been slightly better as it gives us more fold equity on the river should I deciede to barrel which I do plan to. Would like to hear thoughts on whats best on the turn, calling or raising?

So a few scenarios:

He quickly shoves the river, call/fold?

River is a red T, check/shove?

River is a red A, check/shove?

River is a red 2, check/shove?

I don't understand why you would raise the turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
      I don't understand why you would raise the turn.
      As a semibluff

Comment

His bet sizing looks v weak. I think turn raise is okay. Call is better though.

Comment

I think a turn call is infinitely better than a turn raise. Check the river. He's not folding any hand that beats you on the river. Just hope he has As8s or some other random missed draw. Trying to bluff him off a better hand is madness.
          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Turn raise makes very little sense to me. Why turn what has a very good chance of being the best hand into a semi-bluff? I think the turn raise is really really bad and I would check back now if he checks, but if he bets I would probably call as I would expect him to shove all better on the turn.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
              As a semibluff
              I still don't understand!

You have top pair. Your hand is likely to be good, there is little to be gained from getting AK or similar to fold. Why turn it into a bluff? Your hand is so strong that raising and calling it off is fine, but I think its bad poker since calling has a much higher expectation. A lot of your outs are concealed as well, your in position, making calling much better.

If the stacks were much bigger raising would be good, or smaller, or if you knew you were playing a weak tight nit

Comment

yeah you turned a perfectly good hand into a bluff on the turn

Comment

Hate raising turn as well. I'd check all those rivers apart from the ace which I'd jam. And fold to the donk shove.
                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                  X