Stars Sunday Million hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars Sunday Million hand

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 600/1200 Blinds 100 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP2) (t37548)
    MP3 (t83150)
    CO (t29875)
    Button (t22528)
    SB (t22219)
    BB (t25966)
    UTG (t38423)
    UTG+1 (t23880)
    MP1 (t21590)

Hero's M: 13.91

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A
    3 folds, Hero bets t3600, 1 fold, CO calls t3600, 3 folds

Flop: (t9900) 6, 2, 10 (2 players)
    Hero bets t6000, CO raises to t12000, Hero calls t6000

Turn: (t33900) 6 (2 players)
    Hero checks, CO bets t13200

Villian is All in basically on the turn (200 chips left). I think my PFR should have been 2900 or so but as is comments on the hand and what to do now.

I make it less pre, bet less on the flop and fold to the raise.
    as played call i suppose. he might have a flush draw or 78 or something

Comment

I make it 2900 pre, and unless villains been real active i just c/f that flop oop. He's gonna peel with nearly his entire range there. As played just fold the flop.

Comment

If your the villian what do you min raise with on that flop?

Comment

Ya make it less pre as people have said and if your going to cbet make it smaller too. I'd probably check call this flop myself though as i cant see him ever folding better here but he should bluff pretty wide. Probably check call flop and call down on some blank turns too, its going to be pretty tricky to play well though so i can see how a cbet will be fine too, id probably bet fold though. As played, I think id fold to the min raise on the flop and on the turn you pretty much have to call getting that price.
          "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
            If your the villian what do you min raise with on that flop?
            Those min raises tilt the hell out of me, more so when they peel from bb and check/min raise. but here id say villain mins all slowplayed big pairs, sets, 78d,89d,79d. i doubt he's doing it with a hand that doesnt play well against AQhigh anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
              I'd probably check call this flop myself though as i cant see him ever folding better here but he should bluff pretty wide. Probably check call flop and call down on some blank turns too, .
              Surely this is burning chips? Your defo more exp than me in online tourneys but feels like your hand is pretty face up as AK/Q here and if i was villain would just barrell my entire range

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
                Surely this is burning chips? Your defo more exp than me in online tourneys but feels like your hand is pretty face up as AK/Q here and if i was villain would just barrell my entire range
                Not really that face up as I'd play alot of my bluff catchers this way, my range will probably look like any pair less than a 10 and AQ/AK. Its mightnt even be the best line but i think your never getting value from worse by cbetting and I'd prefer the line to bet folding. I'd rather bet fold pocket 2s or all my random no value no equity hands here for example and then bluff catch with hands like AQ, its just going to have to much value to bet fold against what should be a pretty wide range. Again it is going to be pretty hard to play the turn and river correctly but i'd rather take a chance of misplaying a later street than turning a hand this strong into a bluff.

if i was villain would just barrell my entire range This is the reason I'd flat too obviously, the villian is very likely to think like that which isexactly what I'd be trying to induce by check calling.
                "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

You think check folding too weak?

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
                    You think check folding too weak?
                    Ya , worst of our options surely, i'd say cbetting any 2 will be + ev here so we shouldnt need be taking that line with any hand. I'd just rather not bet fold AQ or AK on this flop because its not strong enough to get it in but is usually the best hand and also we're rarely getting anything better to fold/worse to call. We're going to have loads of hands in our range that can cbet this flop so no need to waste a hand this strong doing it.

Comment

I was on this table fom the start so was the villian and pretty much nobody slow plays big pairs. It's always a 3 bet pre, especially in the position he was in. Calling a raise in the cut off with qq kk aa in this tourney is a sure way to bust quickly. So outside of JJ he never has an overpair.
                      As soon as he min raises the flop he definitly doesn't have an overpair with these stack sizes.
                      I really can't put him on a set either as the min raise on that board is terrible if I flat and shove a diamond on the turn.

Comment

if he doesn't have an overpair or a set and occasionally has FD's then just get it in on the flop?

Like we can bet fold on the flop if the pre flop raise is smaller but given the fact that when you c-bet he has 19k behind after matching the c-bet and the pot is 21k you only need 32%equity or something and if his range isn't overpairs and sets you have to have the required equity to just get it in.

Comment

Originally posted by scouser in dub View Post
                          if he doesn't have an overpair or a set and occasionally has FD's then just get it in on the flop?

Like we can bet fold on the flop if the pre flop raise is smaller but given the fact that when you c-bet he has 19k behind after matching the c-bet and the pot is 21k you only need 32%equity or something and if his range isn't overpairs and sets you have to have the required equity to just get it in.
                          This tourney plays with a lot of aggression especially pre and on the flop with most pairs and AQ/AK. Loads of 3 betting/4 bet shoves. Even the speculatitive suited connecters don't show up very often possibly because they rarlely get a chance to see a flop or a turn without investing significant portions of your stack. Nobody is really deep at any stage after the 2nd/3rd levels. With that in mind I tighten up flatting hand ranges to suited broadways & lower pairs. (anything over 6's is the nuts preflop)
                          It's not perfect but it's right most of the time.

I put him on FD no pair AQ/AJ/KQ/KJ/QJ diamonds. It was the only hand that made sense given the preflop call and minraise on flop. AK would have been 3 bet pre.

I should have reraised all-in on the flop though. Funny thing is I felt like that was exactly what he wanted me to do and part of me said I could fold to a diamond on the turn

I think my biggest mistake was the preflop raise size. Made all the other decisions difficult.

Comment

Working...
                          X