Another Hand from UKIPT Coventry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Hand from UKIPT Coventry

Villian in this hand is freeroll qualifier and has been on quite a rush, he came back for Day 2 with 16.5k and is up to 70k or so now, any hands he has shown down are strong hands

I have 30k at the start of the hand and have shoved/reshoved my way up to this stack,

the blinds are 800/1600 200 ante, the table is playing pretty tight except for the Mad Turk who is splashing around a lil,

it is his BB at the start of this hand

I open KJcc in mid position to 3800,

Villian flats from the sb and has flatted AK from his BB previously and has yet to 3bet pre, Mad Turk flats as well but isn't relevant cos his range is literally any two with the price he is betting

Flop come K74rainbow and the SB leads for 12.5k, Mad turk folds

Hero hates life?
    Last edited by DrJFF; 11-04-10, 17:40.
    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

The annoying thing is does he even know why he is leading out? if he had AK/KQ surely he would c/r as he would want to play for stacks

assuming Turkish dude folds I clench arse cheeks and push

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
      The annoying thing is does he even know why he is leading out? if he had AK/KQ surely he would c/r as he would want to play for stacks

assuming Turkish dude folds I clench arse cheeks and push
      yeah wil edit now, mad turk folds

Comment

Ugh once again. Think most of the time i call flop. Get it in on turn then i guess but im not exactly happy about it.

I can find a fold here sometimes but i really have to be in the seat to decide.
        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Meh, I'm never folding here given stack sizes. Call flop / get rest in on turn keeps his range widest I think.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

agree with bubbleking about squeezing the cheeks
            but i jamb now
            doubt villian is folding now for circa 15k

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

What range do people put the villian on here?

Like we are drawing slim vs any range i think he can have here, there isn't even a flush draw

Comment

How has he played these strong hands he has shown down?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                  What range do people put the villian on here?

Like we are drawing slim vs any range i think he can have here, there isn't even a flush draw
                  88-JJ + Maybe K10 k9 mainly is the range i put him on that you beat. I would agree he can turn up with AQ KQ here aswell.
                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

As bob said, how has he played his strong hands? I think this could be a fold, but I certainly don't mind a call/call. Shoving would be the worst option.
                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                      As bob said, how has he played his strong hands? I think this could be a fold, but I certainly don't mind a call/call. Shoving would be the worst option.
                      he started the hand with 20bbs
                      he can't call here and leave less than 10bbs behind
                      he either folds or shoves

i shove

edit just to say he bets 12.5k into an 8k pot
                      the proper bet here is 6kish
                      he is trying to stop you from pushing over the top of a 6k bet
                      he has a pair of spanners or an under pair to the board 88-QQ
                      Last edited by Angry-Ball; 11-04-10, 21:57.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                        he started the hand with 20bbs
                        he can't call here and leave less than 10bbs behind
                        he either folds or shoves

i shove

edit just to say he bets 12.5k into an 8k pot
                        the proper bet here is 6kish
                        he is trying to stop you from pushing over the top of a 6k bet
                        he has a pair of spanners or an under pair to the board 88-QQ
                        I knew what stacks were. And I prefer a call/call to a shove by a very very long way.
                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I knew what stacks were. And I prefer a call/call to a shove by a very very long way.
                          so what do you do if the turn comes an ace

he has the reshove stacksize, villian knows this so villian takes the power of the reshove away from him by betting 1/2 his stack.

its shove or fold imo calling and leaving less than 10bbs behind and probably having to fold to a turn ace or else making a sickening call is just bad

Comment

I prefer a call/call
                            ace or no ace( >10 times more likely no ace anyway)

edit : and are you shoving in case he has an ace which may pair on the turn?
                            Last edited by BobSloane; 11-04-10, 22:29.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                              ace or no ace( >10 times more likely no ace anyway)

edit : [B]and are you shoving in case he has an ace which may pair on the turn?
                              no iam shoving now cos i think i have the best of it and calling is just horrible
                              Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 11-04-10, 23:19.

Comment

A hand of note was wer he flatted AK from the BB

he donk led that time on a AJ2 flop for a big bet

he got jammed on for like 2.5times/3times his bet and tank called with AK to be shown AQ and holds,

he has not 3bet pre at all and i reckon his range for 3balling pre would be KK+, maybe QQ,

a relevant hand which happend later was wer he limped the button, checked by the blinds, Flop K72, checked 3ways, 5turn completing two FD

Mad Turk bets 3500 into 5k or so, he calls, river comes an A no draws get there other than 43,

Mad Turk bets 6k, he immediately raise 12k

Mad Turk calls villian shows A8 and says oops thought i had A7

This guy struck me as a tight scared player as he freerolled in and was uber tight and when he flatted from the SB i thought ah bollocks,

he had won 3big pots before this hand with AA, AK, JJ and other than that hasn't played

Comment

he has the reshove stacksize, villian knows this so villian takes the power of the reshove away from him by betting 1/2 his stack.

its shove or fold imo calling and leaving less than 10bbs behind and probably having to fold to a turn ace or else making a sickening call is just bad
                                  no iam shoving now cos i think i have the best of it and calling is just horrible
                                  Some meaningless jargon in those posts.

Also, if we call flop, we are resolving to never fold any turn. You are playing a freeroll qualifier. You could shove here and they might tank fold a whole bunch of stuff they bet out with again on the turn.

Remember that the less experienced a player is, the more important an all - in bet seems. They might not even be keeping an idea of how much you are leaving behind when you call the flop, or have a strong grasp of what percentage that is of the growing pot. As such: call + call / call + shove increases the amount of hands they get it in bad against you with.
                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

DrJFF, I think it's conceivable for their to be a whole bunch of weaker suited kings in his range, A7, sometimes JJ or TT. Now that he has chips and is on a run, his psychology may have changed somewhat (i.e. he's loosening up and feeling more confident), and he may be more likely to put chips in the pot as a default reaction, the kind of bet that he would reason later as "I bet to find out where I was".

Never underestimate the ability of live players / low stakes online MTT players to do really illogical shit that doesn't properly fit with the way they have been playing previously.

Comment

You're playing for stacks with an overlay of about 12k so you need ~40% equity v his range i think. Given how he played the other hands it seems you probably dont have it unless he has opened up a bit as lloyd suggests. Have you got the bd fd? Few extra percents anyway

Comment

Call and get it in after, or just shove now, i'd be inclined to shove tbh, not much wrong with either though. Just don't fold!
                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Working...
                                        X