Hoping for some clarity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping for some clarity

Not sure if anyone will find this interesting or if its just a clear cut move but just wanna know what others do.

Live cash game, reads to follow

Seat 1: (small blind) Semi Loose player, knows the game but is irratic at times - stack 135

Seat 2: (big blind) folder
    Seat 3: (utg) Loose player, sees flops in bad spots and finds it tough to fold hands - stack 400+ - utg
    Seat 4: Me - obviously loose - stack 300
    Seat 5: Tightish player, flat calls with top 2 a lot and waits for the nuts - stack 350
    Seat 6: Semi-tight, likes to see flops in position and is only person in hand I can actually put on a range of hands - stack 600

Seat 7: folder
    Seat 8(button): folder

1-2-5(live straddle)

utg makes it €10
    I call €10 with Qd Js 10d 3s
    seat 5 calls for €10
    seat 6 calls for €10
    fold,fold
    seat 1 raises to €60 and announces he has 65 behind
    fold,
    utg calls €50 more,
    I call €50 more as do the other 2

5 to the flop and pot is 307
    flop comes 4h-4d-5s
    Seat 1 who has €65 left checks
    and it gets check around with hesitation from seat 3 and 5
    turn comes 10h
    seat 1 shoves
    seat 3 thinks about it for ages and eventually folds
    I look back at my cards and glance at seat 5 next to me and he looks somewhat interested but not very

whats your move?
    Go big or go homeless.

Fold obviously

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
      Fold obviously
      +1

Comment

What exactly are you thinking you are ahead off? What are you calling with.
        Also, how did UTG open raise if there was a straddle.

Anyway, you folded and one had a FD the other a wrap and both missed and you would of won.

Comment

Ah come on Dougee

Comment

I don't play much Omaha really, but Top Pair decent Kicker is miles behind even a decent starting hand..

Its a snap fold

Comment

I know its a bit of a stupid thread don't worry

The only reason I asked is because after I said what I folded EVERY person on the table asked me how did I fold and I started double guessing myself

I always fold in this spot but someone's logic seemed decent ->
              Guy in seat 1 shoves any flop here with any pair, so its fair to believe that you are ahead of him, he shoves here with any single pair on that flop and any gutshot/straight draw. He shoves turn with any flush draw which is what I put him on tbh.
              Guy in seat 5 didn't look too strong and probably would have been scared out by a call as didn't like getting involved in big spots with weak hands so they pretty much convinced me I should have called. Wanted to post up here cause I was questioning my own logic here
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

It's never a call, ever. Two players behind you and you can generally put a pre-flop pot bet on a high pair. I see he didn't here but you can't call.

FWIW, next time you see them, tell the lads that told you to call that you looked it up and they were right. Love these omaha games!!

Comment

The only way its a call is if everyone else has folded out of turn.

Comment

Working...
                  X