Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did I play this hand?

Stake 1/2 10 seater

UDG whos playing 21/6/1.6 raises to $6 I call with pocket 8's next to cutoff. Cutoff who has $50 calls, the button calls the SB $140 playing 46/24/12 calls bb folds.

So $32 in the pot.

Flop 58Q rainbow

SB and UDG checks I raise for half the pot $16.

SB calls UDG calls.

Turn is 9 which brinds flush draw and 2 str8 draws.

SB checks BB checks I raise for $40.

SB calls UDG ships for $151. I reship over the top SB folds.......

More on flop and more on turn and then its standard.
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

And you didnt raise you bet. You raised the turn.
      Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

lol I spent 12 hours of a live session constantly telling people they hadn't raised, they had bet, or they hadn't reraised, because there was no raise for them to reraise

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
          And you didnt raise you bet. You raised the turn.
          Hehe just noticed this now.

After UDG turned over his hand I was like that was so obvious wdf am I doing but after observing the hand I don't think I can get away from it really.
          But is UDG going to play AA and KK this way.....probably not. So what can we put him on?

Comment

Under The Gun, UTG, life tilting me.
            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony_Montana View Post

Turn is 9 which brinds flush draw and 2 str8 draws.

It seems very likely you lost the hand or it wouldn't be posted. I assume you mean completes two straight draws? That flop is extremely drawey -all its missing is a fd. there is only one openender but a gazillion gutshots. You should be betting 24 minimum. There are 5 people in the hand on the flop. Half pot is not enough. Its not like a Q72 rainbow where you have 77 and are trying to milk someone with a queen

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                It seems very likely you lost the hand or it wouldn't be posted

Yes I lost the hand and stoped playing straight away as I was so annoyed with myself for not folding.
                Now believe me I'm definitely not one to fold a set but I think there are reasons for folding here.
                Maybe I did play it wrong and if I play it right I have to get it in I don't really know...

UTG has QQ and SB Folds. Is it not pretty obvious he has QQ? What realistically can we put him on here? I think AA KK are ruled out here almost all the time. Crap hands or hands that miss flop or gutshots are ruled out from his position and stats. 99 possible but beats us. 1010 and JJ are basically the only hands that marginally might be played this way that we are beating so why don't I play the hand the same way I did but fold on the river? I found out the information I needed but still stubbornly got it in when I knew something was dodgy but my head told me its a cooler.

I understand that there are lots of gutshots out there on this flop but why does this justify a bigger bet then?
                Last edited by Tony_Montana; 01-05-10, 20:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  lol I spent 12 hours of a live session constantly telling people they hadn't raised, they had bet, or they hadn't reraised, because there was no raise for them to reraise
                  Tilts the life out of me too.

Comment

There are 5 players to the flop. All the 67s,79s,9Ts,TJ type hands are in their ranges. Maybe 46s 47s,96s too - who knows?Maybe even their off suit brethren. People call bets with gutshots. So make em pay cause they are the hands that can crack your set. And they will often call any size bet on the flop and then fold the turn. So bet bigger. A queen is not folding. So bet bigger to get value from a queen. Of course you want the gutshots to call but you don't want to give them a good price on a call. For every player that calls your bet the next one is obv getting a better price etc
                    ul to run into top set. I wouldn't think about folding. I think villains turn check is poor fwiw unless your playing like an aggro monkey or something

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                      Under The Gun, UTG, life tilting me.
                      UDG=Under De Gun. What's the problemo?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                        I just laugh a little, shake my head and shrug my shoulders. It's just not worth educating them. Some people are truly unable to understand this, maybe because of inbreeding or something.

Comment

Bet/Raise bigger, other than that its fine

Comment

Yes I lost the hand and stoped playing straight away as I was so annoyed with myself for not folding.
                            Now believe me I'm definitely not one to fold a set but I think there are reasons for folding here.
                            Maybe I did play it wrong and if I play it right I have to get it in I don't really know...

UTG has QQ and SB Folds. Is it not pretty obvious he has QQ? What realistically can we put him on here? I think AA KK are ruled out here almost all the time. Crap hands or hands that miss flop or gutshots are ruled out from his position and stats. 99 possible but beats us. 1010 and JJ are basically the only hands that marginally might be played this way that we are beating so why don't I play the hand the same way I did but fold on the river? I found out the information I needed but still stubbornly got it in when I knew something was dodgy but my head told me its a cooler.

I understand that there are lots of gutshots out there on this flop but why does this justify a bigger bet then?
                            I think you're being results oriented. You played the hand fine. It was a cooler.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                              I just laugh a little, shake my head and shrug my shoulders. It's just not worth educating them. Some people are truly unable to understand this, maybe because of inbreeding or something.
                              maybe
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                I think you're being results oriented. You played the hand fine. It was a cooler.
                                Don't really understand what you mean by this? Please explain
                                Last edited by Tony_Montana; 04-05-10, 11:23.

Comment

Don't really understand what you mean by this? Please explain
                                  He means you aren't being objective about the hand because you lost in a cooler-type situation ie. set-over-set, so you're trying to come up with ways you could have avoided it, even though laying down 88 here at any point is almost definitely sub-optimal.

Would you realistically have posted the hand if Villain had 55?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
                                    He means you aren't being objective about the hand because you lost in a cooler-type situation ie. set-over-set, so you're trying to come up with ways you could have avoided it, even though laying down 88 here at any point is almost definitely sub-optimal.

Would you realistically have posted the hand if Villain had 55?

But by Villians stats realistically he can't have 55 here either as he doesn't open with this hand UTG
                                    Judging by his stats I think Villan has AK AA KK QQ JJ 1010 99 as his raising range pre (that's about it) he limps with everything else!!
                                    On the flop which hands does he check cal with and check shove on turn???
                                    Last edited by Tony_Montana; 05-05-10, 19:20.

Comment

Dude. Flopped set over set. Get over it. How many hands have you on villain? If you have 100,000 and have seen him take this line with only top set time and time again then fair enough. Maybe you can fold and pat yourself on the back for a job well done. UTG isn't even playing 100bbs. Stop trying to get away from this hand on the turn.
                                      BET MORE ON THE FLOP......BET MORE ON THE TURN AND SNAPCALL. This is what you should have taken from this thread. It was all there in the first reply from one of the best posters on the forum. Then two more of the best posters entered the fray to point out that you did not in fact raise the flop, you bet. They did not post to disagree with tommygunnes short but quite complete analysis. Stop trying to milk this fucking hand!!!! Theres nothing more to see here

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                        Dude. Flopped set over set. Get over it. How many hands have you on villain? If you have 100,000 and have seen him take this line with only top set time and time again then fair enough. Maybe you can fold and pat yourself on the back for a job well done. UTG isn't even playing 100bbs. Stop trying to get away from this hand on the turn.
                                        BET MORE ON THE FLOP......BET MORE ON THE TURN AND SNAPCALL. This is what you should have taken from this thread. It was all there in the first reply from one of the best posters on the forum. Then two more of the best posters entered the fray to point out that you did not in fact raise the flop, you bet. They did not post to disagree with tommygunnes short but quite complete analysis. Stop trying to milk this fucking hand!!!! Theres nothing more to see here
                                        Haha I have been miling this hand, I just wanted to make 100% sure I can't get away from it even though I think Villian played this hand badly and also gave away some information that might possibly give us a chance to get away.

Comment

Working...
                                        X